2019 Barhain Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019 Barhain Grand Prix

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
So after Mercedes won convincingly in Australia can Red Bull or Ferrari snatch something back?
I don't think so, Mercedes look to be in control with that new engine. But Ferrari did have issues with cooling, so with it fixed will we see their true pace?

Also, McLaren has this....sound

I have literally no idea what to think of it.
Sounds like a V10 x V6 rFactor mod I remember doing. It sounds....interesting but way too high pitched.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Wow....tumbleweed :ROFLMAO: @xMinxG it's Bahrain

Genuinely looking forward to a season where the "wingmen" are taking it to the expected protagonists. Will Ferrari pull team orders like in Australia, or was it something bigger as both cars were 'off' where expected? Can't last....can it?

Hamilton can't have another bad start, surely? Leclerc was behind Vettel last time and almost jumped him (or almost took him out depending on your viewpoint).

Red Bull....for me the jury is out. The Honda still isn't on par with the top two engines, they'll continue to be competitive at certain tracks where they've been competitive in recent years with the Renault engine. Not sure if Mateschitz' posturing is just to try to get a bigger say on 2021, or if he's really serious about pulling the plug. Gasly is way off though, he needs to get closer to Verstappen and soon.

McLaren look to be ahead of Renault, which is a small step but one they didn't manage last season, although until Spain last time they were too. McLaren only got 6th as Force India's points split meant they forfeited a net 5th (111 points) for 7th.

Williams are inside 107% by 2.3 seconds.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Why is it when ever Alonso leaves a team they start getting better. If there is a flaw in his locker it's probably poor judgement in joining the right team at the right time

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
From a neutral point of view I enjoyed the race, a lot of action and good battles throughout the field.

No doubts Leclerc was very unlucky with the exception of the start he drove a great race and deserved to win, but if he can continue to perform like that then a win will be waiting just around the corner for him, the only bit of luck he had was the late SC to prevent a likely overtake by Mad Max for 3rd.

As for Seb yeah very disappointing today, he just didn't have the pace but was driving a decent race up and having a good battle with Hamilton until the spin but I just had the sense it wasn't his weekend for whatever reason, Seb definitely needs to bounce back at China.

With Hamilton had almost a polar opposite performance of Australia for him, drove a very good race and had the luck to pick up the pieces when Leclerc had his issue.

Bottas went back to performing the way majority of F1 fans generally expects him too, before the SC he was around 23 seconds behind Hamilton which is quite a margin, but after all's said and done he's ended up with 2nd and still leading the championship and as for Mad Max and Red Bull they just lacked a little bit of pace to Ferrari & Merc.

As a Seb fan though I can only take a couple positives from today firstly and most importantly it looks like Ferrari indeed do have a car to properly challenge Merc and the other positive is Seb still got some decent points, with the front wing detaching like it did there was the chance he might have dnf'd so its not a total disaster, as theres 19 races to go and he's only 22 points behind, Seb can make that up.

So at least it looks like were in for a very much action packed season with 5 drivers capable of winning races, and the likely up's and downs for all those involved in the championship fight.

Vettel true colours showing early what a overated bottle job he is. Don't worry ferrari fans leclarc will win oh wait lolololololol
Sure LC you can say he's overrated as that's your opinion but I draw the line at stupidity, how many times do I have to tell you he isn't a bottlejob - it's factually impossible.
Bottlejobs don't win shít and thats pretty much the definition of a bottlejob, yet Seb's won 4 WDC's - it just makes you look foolish LC to keep repeating it and saying it.:rolleyes:

I will add though I find it a tad strange you didn't decide to make an appearance in the Australian GP thread after Hamilton had his ass handed to him by Bottas. (you really are a bad winner) :p

Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm with @LC SPEED DEMON on this one. Vettel's a has-been, should never have left Red Bull but he wouldn't have won anything there either.

Damn that Alonso effect, seeing him casting the odd glare from the garage was as amusing as it was tangible and unexplained.

I'm definitely not anti-Ferrari as I was gutted for Leclerc. He drove a champions race, totally dominant despite the poor start.

Hamilton was in the zone (on the medium) and got everything from the car, it's gonna be great as it looks like Ferrari do have the best car after all. Leclerc's inexperience (and possibly team orders) is the only thing standing between him and a world title. But I reckon they will be under review after yesterday - how long will Ferrari protect Vettel? Not long, if the races carry on as they have.

I didn't hear Hamilton doing any whinging, so that was cool but I did watch the highlights only. He remarked on the difficult (soft) tyres but it was plain to see it was an unhappy combination. He was better than Bottas all weekend on a track he (HAM) doesn't like.

• Agree
Reactions: xMinxG

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'm with @LC SPEED DEMON on this one. Vettel's a has-been
A has-been?!
:ROFLMAO:
Jesus, the man's still capable of racing at the front and winning championships, ok Seb didn't exactly cover himself in glory on the weekend but that's just one race, all top drivers have off weekends every now and then as there only human after all, besides he's got a very hungry young teammate beside him who has no real pressure or expectation on him at the moment.

Leclerc's inexperience (and possibly team orders) is the only thing standing between him and a world title. But I reckon they will be under review after yesterday - how long will Ferrari protect Vettel? Not long, if the races carry on as they have
To be fair if there was team orders then it stands to reason Leclerc wouldn't have passed Seb in the first place on sunday, I know its hard for some people to accept/believe but Ferrari are being fair and are clearly allowing there drivers to race each other.

Besides we're only 2 races in and if we go by last season, according to Mercedes around the halfway point is the right time to make a clear number 1 & 2 driver unlike Ferrari who waited until it was too late.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
A has-been?!
:ROFLMAO:
Jesus, the man's still capable of racing at the front and winning championships, ok Seb didn't exactly cover himself in glory on the weekend but that's just one race, all top drivers have off weekends every now and then as there only human after all, besides he's got a very hungry young teammate beside him who has no real pressure or expectation on him at the moment.

To be fair if there was team orders then it stands to reason Leclerc wouldn't have passed Seb in the first place on sunday, I know its hard for some people to accept/believe but Ferrari are being fair and are clearly allowing there drivers to race each other.

Besides we're only 2 races in and if we go by last season, according to Mercedes around the halfway point is the right time to make a clear number 1 & 2 driver unlike Ferrari who waited until it was too late.
You can laugh all you want. Reality is, he's finished. I am sure he is still quick but when it comes to contesting a championship, he bottled it last year and he doesn't look like he's coming back. Personally, I think Baku in '17 was really indicative. Perhaps you should take off your rose-coloured specs and use some hindsight?

Leclerc is not only fast, he was super cool in reacting to the way the car robbed him of victory. That's maturity, and coupled with talent I think he will be a World Champion before Max Verstappen, not saying the machinery won't have a say in that, but I think he can do it first ask.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
You can laugh all you want. Reality is, he's finished. I am sure he is still quick but when it comes to contesting a championship, he bottled it last year and he doesn't look like he's coming back. Personally, I think Baku in '17 was really indicative. Perhaps you should take off your rose-coloured specs and use some hindsight?

Leclerc is not only fast, he was super cool in reacting to the way the car robbed him of victory. That's maturity, and coupled with talent I think he will be a World Champion before Max Verstappen, not saying the machinery won't have a say in that, but I think he can do it first ask.
He's still inexperienced and can still make mistakes. Though I don't think he will crack under pressure due to how many tragedy's he's expericanced over the years and still being able to cope the way he has. He's learnt the hard way, and its really helping him out.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
He's still inexperienced and can still make mistakes. Though I don't think he will crack under pressure due to how many tragedy's he's expericanced over the years and still being able to cope the way he has. He's learnt the hard way, and its really helping him out.
Also, a Schumacher rolling out of the Ferrari garage in the test looks ominous for Vettel. Tick-tock.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You can laugh all you want. Reality is, he's finished. I am sure he is still quick but when it comes to contesting a championship, he bottled it last year and he doesn't look like he's coming back.
Steve you know I'm a Seb fan and I will pretty much always back him when I see others saying ridiculous things, it why I had to laugh at your 'has-been' comment you think Seb's done - ok fine that's your opinion, however why I also find it laughable is we're only 2 races in to a 21 race season, can you not see how silly it sounds to write him off at this stage of the season, surely its fairer to see how things stand at the halfway point?
Personally, I think Baku in '17 was really indicative. Perhaps you should take off your rose-coloured specs and use some hindsight?
With what happened at Baku that year I didn't condone what Seb did (and still don't), but at the time I can understand from his viewpoint why he did it at the time, he thought Hamilton had wronged him by brake checking him and Seb instantly reacted and showed his displeasure, its a natural human reaction.

As for 'taking off rose-coloured specs' I find that a bit rich coming from you after some of the things I've seen you say on these race threads over the years, I mean you surely must know by now over the last few years at us messaging on these race threads that I always try to stay objective and be fair and reasonable in my race assessment of drivers and that includes Seb, if Seb performs poorly I say it, yet if Hamilton has a poor race his fans seem to disappear from that race thread afterwards - funny that ain't it.:rolleyes:

And with hindsight yeah Seb had a few spins over the last year, but I felt he was unlucky because while legitimately battling for position with another driver contact happened and that sent him spinning each occasion, but this was the first one that clearly was an error however I don't get why people are moaning so much about it as it only cost Seb or would they prefer he spun into and took Hamilton out instead on sunday?:unsure:
Yeah those two will likely be going at it hammer and tongs for WDC's in the future, as for who wins a championship first I would prefer to sit on the fence on this one, but if someone put a gun to my head and said choose then I would edge towards Leclerc.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Steve you know I'm a Seb fan and I will pretty much always back him when I see others saying ridiculous things, it why I had to laugh at your 'has-been' comment you think Seb's done - ok fine that's your opinion, however why I also find it laughable is we're only 2 races in to a 21 race season, can you not see how silly it sounds to write him off at this stage of the season, surely its fairer to see how things stand at the halfway point?

With what happened at Baku that year I didn't condone what Seb did (and still don't), but at the time I can understand from his viewpoint why he did it at the time, he thought Hamilton had wronged him by brake checking him and Seb instantly reacted and showed his displeasure, its a natural human reaction.

As for 'taking off rose-coloured specs' I find that a bit rich coming from you after some of the things I've seen you say on these race threads over the years, I mean you surely must know by now over the last few years at us messaging on these race threads that I always try to stay objective and be fair and reasonable in my race assessment of drivers and that includes Seb, if Seb performs poorly I say it, yet if Hamilton has a poor race his fans seem to disappear from that race thread afterwards - funny that ain't it.:rolleyes:

And with hindsight yeah Seb had a few spins over the last year, but I felt he was unlucky because while legitimately battling for position with another driver contact happened and that sent him spinning each occasion, but this was the first one that clearly was an error however I don't get why people are moaning so much about it as it only cost Seb or would they prefer he spun into and took Hamilton out instead on sunday?:unsure:

Yeah those two will likely be going at it hammer and tongs for WDC's in the future, as for who wins a championship first I would prefer to sit on the fence on this one, but if someone put a gun to my head and said choose then I would edge towards Leclerc.
It's a "wake up and smell the coffee" moment.

Leclerc isn't going to mess this up I think. He has the best car on the grid and his feet on the ground. Hamilton should be worried, because Mercedes have got off on the back foot and they are extremely fortunate to be sitting pretty at this moment, partly due to Vettel's lack of performance.

There is plenty afoot. Mercedes do look as if they are having to fight on two fronts, an arms race to get on par with Ferrari and to stay ahead of Red Bull. Bottas is having to fight harder than ever to consolidate his position with the spectre of Ocon floating around. Hamilton was on the money on Sunday, he needs to be.

I just don't see Vettel coming back from it, this lack of whatever it is. Let's say mental strength. He didn't want to stay and fight at Red Bull, he chose Ferrari. He promised to deliver and they have been in the ascendancy since they lost faith with Alonso. You can see the sands of time are running thin through this season. Ferrari are not unaccustomed to making tough choices. He has been in contention for the title and has made huge personal errors. I know you know where I mean!

I agree you try to be balanced; by the same token you know I'm not an out and out Hamilton fan. When he is good he is very good, maybe one of the best ever. His stats don't really lie though and he's been at it far too long to be a flash in the pan! I'm proud of him as a Briton for his achievements (and he is achieving the very best).

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
We need to remember schumi had bottled 2 straight titles and an injury before winning with ferrari so vettel can still turn it around

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
It's a "wake up and smell the coffee" moment.

Leclerc isn't going to mess this up I think. He has the best car on the grid and his feet on the ground. Hamilton should be worried, because Mercedes have got off on the back foot and they are extremely fortunate to be sitting pretty at this moment, partly due to Vettel's lack of performance.

There is plenty afoot. Mercedes do look as if they are having to fight on two fronts, an arms race to get on par with Ferrari and to stay ahead of Red Bull. Bottas is having to fight harder than ever to consolidate his position with the spectre of Ocon floating around. Hamilton was on the money on Sunday, he needs to be.

I just don't see Vettel coming back from it, this lack of whatever it is. Let's say mental strength. He didn't want to stay and fight at Red Bull, he chose Ferrari. He promised to deliver and they have been in the ascendancy since they lost faith with Alonso. You can see the sands of time are running thin through this season. Ferrari are not unaccustomed to making tough choices. He has been in contention for the title and has made huge personal errors. I know you know where I mean!

I agree you try to be balanced; by the same token you know I'm not an out and out Hamilton fan. When he is good he is very good, maybe one of the best ever. His stats don't really lie though and he's been at it far too long to be a flash in the pan! I'm proud of him as a Briton for his achievements (and he is achieving the very best).
Yeah you've made pretty fair points there majority which I agree with. (not all though;))

For me I always wait to see until the halfway point of the season before making any judgments as alot can change from one round to the next, after round 10/11 I think we can agree it should be a lot clearer who the main protagonists for the championship are, though who knows if we're lucky we may end up with a 5 way fight for majority of the season like 2010.