2019 Canadian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019 Canadian Grand Prix

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Was going to make one but oh well you beat me.

Lewis hit the wall, costing him FP2, could have been far worse if he kept correcting. I think he knew that and let it drift.
Looks like Mercedes have a few misfire issues but their poised to take another win surely. Unless their noticeably snappy car catches both drivers out.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
2011 jenson does vettel on the last lap after the longest craziest and probably best race ever, we need mixed conditions on Sunday to make things interesting

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
2011 jenson does vettel on the last lap after the longest craziest and probably best race ever, we need mixed conditions on Sunday to make things interesting
Totally agree. Whilst quali was one of the most dramatic I've seen in a while, the race will be a snoozefest and Hamilton will win.

LC SPEED DEMON

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Don't think there's much chance of that happening.
Yeah I checked before playing my bet but at 66/1 to win couldn't resist it. Need couple of safety cars and some luck for max to win. Put my usual grosjean to crash first bet on too

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I normally have the rule of not getting to happy after qualifying (as points are paid on sunday not Saturday) but as Seb took pole at the death I couldn't help but smile, after 17 races without a pole for him it had been far too long for my liking, also what a qualy by Danny Ric for 4th.

Anyway I'm still expecting Hamilton to win today as Merc look so strong on race pace compared to Ferrari, but if we're to have a race then Seb needs to keep the lead after the start, if Hamilton takes it then I fear that will be that.

And talking about the start I'm going to be keeping eye one on Danny Ric, who could make some fireworks happen and cause headaches to the front 3, as he's the only one of the top 4 starting on the soft tyre, if he gets the best getaway (as his tyres should allow him too) then I would fully expect him to thread the middle if the gap is there and have a go at the top 3.:eek:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I don't think it was particularly harsh. There's not been a single description from any witness that denies Vettel wasn't in control as he returned to the track, the very definition of an unsafe rejoin.

There would have been blue murder if the situation was reversed, commentators always playing Devil's advocate for "the show".

For me it's just more of the same from Vettel, he made an error under pressure and he tried to salvage the situation. That was as much in his mind at the time, to regain control of the car and not lose the lead.

Street circuits are ****.

Hamilton drives around the outside if we're anywhere else and all the Ferrari fans would be clamouring for the position back because Hamilton left the track.

Shades of grey my friends, respect the Stewards' decision, move on.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
No doubts this is all Seb's doing in the first place as he made the error, but equally I was surprised that he got a pen for it, Seb did all he could at the time and anyone who has a brain can clearly see that, plus when you watch his onboard its a minor miracle in a way that he didn't either spin or put it in the wall.
I will ask you Steve though what was he supposed to do?
(As his or any other drivers number one priority in that situation is just getting the car back on the track in one piece.)

I mean do people want him to lose it and crash into Hamilton instead? Its just crazy, and even if the roles had been reversed I wouldn't expected or wanted Hamilton to get a pen for that.

Its just not pen worthy, I've seen more dangerous shít done by Mad Max in the past and he never got penalised for what he did back then.

As for Hamilton he didn't have the best of weekends either, but when it comes to his errors as I said time and time again in these race threads, he gets away with his for some reason - he put it in the wall on Friday and during the race I lost count the amount of times he locked up and went wide at the hairpin.
Yet Seb had one spin in practice and make's just 1 error in the race and its technically cost him the race, it just feels like the mistakes/errors Hamilton has made on occasions over recent years just don't even themselves out in comparison with Seb, its like he stole Seb's fair share of luck - its the only logical explanation I can come up with at this point.

Shades of grey my friends, respect the Stewards' decision, move on.
Er about that, NO - especially when the stewards decision has a general consensus amongst fans, media and former drivers regarded it as a decision ranging from harsh to horseshít.:p
(Besides it speaks volumes when even @LC SPEED DEMON is saying that the pen on Seb is harsh - I'll let the hahahahahaha comment slide as I would expect nothing less from you.;))
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.ferrari-lodge-intention-to-appeal-vettel-penalty-decision.1V1njlRs4W2j3721CHpzsp.html

I don't blame Ferrari doing this to be honest and they have nothing to lose as the championship is over either way, its going to be a cake walk for Merc & especially Hamilton, now that Bottas is seemingly reverting back to the '1.0' form we all know from previous years, it means we'll now be in for a Hamilton snoozefest for majority of the remaining 2/3's of the season.
(remember the only reason we actually had a race this weekend was because this was essentially a power track)

Lastly the only positive I can take from this race from a neutral perspective was that Renault were actually able to give Bottas & Red Bull a proper fight, they still need to find a bit more race pace to give the top 3 teams more genuine problems during races, but this weekend was seemingly a big step in the right direction for them.(y)

LC SPEED DEMON

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
That was one of the best drives I've seen from vettel in a long time, its good to see Lewis n SEB go hammer n tongue. vettel has always been good at Canada so I think it's just a 1 off but hope for more of the same. I still disagree with the penalty tho, the harshest penalty that could of been given in my mind was to let Hamilton through and attack after. 5sec was **** for the race killed it

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
No doubts this is all Seb's doing in the first place as he made the error, but equally I was surprised that he got a pen for it, Seb did all he could at the time and anyone who has a brain can clearly see that, plus when you watch his onboard its a minor miracle in a way that he didn't either spin or put it in the wall.
I will ask you Steve though what was he supposed to do?
(As his or any other drivers number one priority in that situation is just getting the car back on the track in one piece.)

I mean do people want him to lose it and crash into Hamilton instead? Its just crazy, and even if the roles had been reversed I wouldn't expected or wanted Hamilton to get a pen for that.

Its just not pen worthy, I've seen more dangerous shít done by Mad Max in the past and he never got penalised for what he did back then.

As for Hamilton he didn't have the best of weekends either, but when it comes to his errors as I said time and time again in these race threads, he gets away with his for some reason - he put it in the wall on Friday and during the race I lost count the amount of times he locked up and went wide at the hairpin.
Yet Seb had one spin in practice and make's just 1 error in the race and its technically cost him the race, it just feels like the mistakes/errors Hamilton has made on occasions over recent years just don't even themselves out in comparison with Seb, its like he stole Seb's fair share of luck - its the only logical explanation I can come up with at this point.

Er about that, NO - especially when the stewards decision has a general consensus amongst fans, media and former drivers regarded it as a decision ranging from harsh to horseshít.:p
(Besides it speaks volumes when even @LC SPEED DEMON is saying that the pen on Seb is harsh - I'll let the hahahahahaha comment slide as I would expect nothing less from you.;))
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.ferrari-lodge-intention-to-appeal-vettel-penalty-decision.1V1njlRs4W2j3721CHpzsp.html

I don't blame Ferrari doing this to be honest and they have nothing to lose as the championship is over either way, its going to be a cake walk for Merc & especially Hamilton, now that Bottas is seemingly reverting back to the '1.0' form we all know from previous years, it means we'll now be in for a Hamilton snoozefest for majority of the remaining 2/3's of the season.
(remember the only reason we actually had a race this weekend was because this was essentially a power track)

Lastly the only positive I can take from this race from a neutral perspective was that Renault were actually able to give Bottas & Red Bull a proper fight, they still need to find a bit more race pace to give the top 3 teams more genuine problems during races, but this weekend was seemingly a big step in the right direction for them.(y)
The media are only interested in the "show". You can't create a title battle if Ferrari don't have a capable enough car and Mercedes have a clear 1-2 driver package. Bottas has to find 2.0 again unless he may as well vacate the seat now and let Ocon get some track time.

The Stewards were correct; you'll need to reword the Sporting Regs to get around that one.

38.5 If the driver of car number 5 cracks when he's under pressure he shall be allowed to retain his position regardless, because he wants to re-enact 2002 and pretend he's Schumi.

46.2 The driver of car number 5 shall be encouraged to act like a child if he does not get the top step.

Fixed it for you.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
came in here to gauge discussion. Disappointed at the mud slinging.
Motor racing is dead.

EDIT: f1 is dead. Over regulated, over policed. An anti-sport.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Got to admit, that penalty was a bit harsh.

Then again its sebs fault for making such a mistake in the first place.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'll repeat here what I've just posted in a conversation.

If Hamilton has reliability (which Mercedes generally do) then he will add a 6th WDC. Ferrari haven't made a car good enough and Vettel isn't a good enough driver.