2019 Chinese Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019 Chinese Grand Prix

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
How do you guys think this one will go down?

Personally I feel like this is gonna be a clear battle between Ferrari and Mercedes. With Ferrari gaining at least 0.5 seconds on the back straight, its gonna be the question whether or not they can gain back this time in the slower parts of the track.

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
K-Mag to win the race, then replace Leclerc at Ferrari next year and become a 9-time WC

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
It'll be interesting to see if what Merc are claiming about Ferrari is true, (ie straight line speed advantage) though it seems like even when Ferrari have an advantage of some kind, Merc still end up winning the race.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
It'll be interesting to see if what Merc are claiming about Ferrari is true, (ie straight line speed advantage) though it seems like even when Ferrari have an advantage of some kind, Merc still end up winning the race.
Its all good them being quick, but is it reliable this time, thats the question.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Should be a good race today, looks like Bottas is back to Australia form but you can't help but have a bit of doubt that he will beat Hamilton as convincingly again but its definitely Merc's race to lose.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ferrari deserve nothing this year. How to mismanage a team and to **** up strategy, they are writing the book. :p

Leclerc was not holding up Vettel, they were evenly matched and too close performance wise for Vettel to make a DRS pass, so they ordered Charles to lift. How sad. You see Mercedes would let drivers race. Then they hung Leclerc out to dry with too long a first stint and didn't have the pace on the H.

I was praying Vettel would stuff up when he came under attack from Verstappen, but it wasn't sustained. Gasly's only contribution was to steal the FL point from Seb.

If Mercedes continue to hammer home an advantage when they have it and damage limitation when they don't this will be a relatively easy season. The only thing to come is the European upgrade race and see if it alters the playing field.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
You realise that Mercedes ordered Hamilton through in Bahrain right, plus left bottas out to disrupt the ferraris? If you're gonna hate on ferrari for doing the right thing at the time, then hate on Mercedes too.

The worst part about ferrari are their strategists, i could do better than them just by myself. God forbid if they actually need to come up with a strategy rather than a plain boring 1 stop it was turning out to be.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ferrari deserve nothing this year. How to mismanage a team and to **** up strategy, they are writing the book. :p

Leclerc was not holding up Vettel, they were evenly matched and too close performance wise for Vettel to make a DRS pass, so they ordered Charles to lift. How sad. You see Mercedes would let drivers race. Then they hung Leclerc out to dry with too long a first stint and didn't have the pace on the H.

If Mercedes continue to hammer home an advantage when they have it and damage limitation when they don't this will be a relatively easy season. The only thing to come is the European upgrade race and see if it alters the playing field.
At the time I felt and it seemed Seb was a little bit quicker (like a tenth or 2 at most) then Leclerc, but it was marginal actually, I do think Seb being behind Leclerc from the start and sticking close to him didn't help his tyres and when he got in front of Leclerc he locked up on a couple of occasions, I think had he stayed ahead of him at the start he would've pulled away from Leclerc, but we'll never know for sure.

But yeah it was poor race management by Ferrari, but either way they didn't really have the pace to challenge Merc who were 2-3 tenths quicker it seemed.

As for the race it was pretty dull, it was pretty much a stroll for Hamilton and Merc and there were fewer overtakes at the hairpin then normal, the FIA or whoever decides where the DRS zones start got the placement wrong.

Just from a championship perspective it is key that Ferrari strike back with a couple 1 - 2's of there own whether that's Seb or Leclerc win the next 2 races, as Hamilton and Bottas have already built a nice points gap to Mad Max, Seb and Leclerc.

I was praying Vettel would stuff up when he came under attack from Verstappen, but it wasn't sustained.
Why am I not surprised to read that by you.:p
Whether you want to admit or not Seb did bounce back as such, I know you will probably point out that it was the team switch that made the difference for Seb, but he was just the quicker driver then Leclerc during the race and over the whole weekend.