2019 Italian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019 Italian Grand Prix

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I don't mind you posting @Wobbuffet but take off the blinkers, you'll enjoy the show more.

At this point your boy has a 5% chance of winning anything (based on the fact there are 20 cars out there).

If you really can't see the difference between him and Leclerc and Verstappen then I can't help you. I'd say Hamilton as well, but then you'd call me a fanboy and I'm so not.

Listen to the Italian crowd, they reacted to winners, not whiners.

• What?
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I don't mind you posting @Wobbuffet but take off the blinkers, you'll enjoy the show more.

Listen to the Italian crowd, they reacted to winners, not whiners.
I just have to laugh now, at Canada you were happily quoting the rulebook to prove why Seb's pen was the correct decision, yet Leclerc did something that also clearly broke one the rules in that rulebook (which Mad Max got penalised for doing the exact same thing last year at Monza) and for some reason you want to turn a blind eye to it and say its fine - that not only makes you a hypocrite but undeniably wrong, which I find amusing & ironic since you've always used the rulebook to say your right.:ROFLMAO:

Look I said in it my previous post Leclerc put in 'a great overall drive' however it wasn't flawless yet he got away with his errors, that's not me whining that's simply stating a fact.

I did originally say it was an entertaining race in general and I did enjoy the battle at the front, but as a Seb fan as you would naturally expect I wasn't exactly 'thrilled' with how his race went, so of course I didn't enjoy how Seb's race went.
(Oh and to tell me to 'take off the blinkers' I find rich coming from you.:LOL:)

At this point your boy has a 5% chance of winning anything (based on the fact there are 20 cars out there).

If you really can't see the difference between him and Leclerc and Verstappen then I can't help you. I'd say Hamilton as well, but then you'd call me a fanboy and I'm so not.
Well yeah technically all the drivers have a 5% chance of winning, 20 cars and all that lol.

And with your last sentence what exactly are you referencing to with this, is that to do with penalties, errors, driver performance?

Please elaborate Steve as I could easily jokingly say, a difference I see is Seb has 4 WDC's and Leclerc & Mad Max have none currently, or Seb is only one of 2 drivers to have won 4 WDC's in a row not even Hamilton has done that yet.
So I do sometimes need context to interpret what people are referring to, as unfortunately I'm not a mind reader.:LOL:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I just have to laugh now, at Canada you were happily quoting the rulebook to prove why Seb's pen was the correct decision, yet Leclerc did something that also clearly broke one the rules in that rulebook (which Mad Max got penalised for doing the exact same thing last year at Monza) and for some reason you want to turn a blind eye to it and say its fine - that not only makes you a hypocrite but undeniably wrong, which I find amusing & ironic since you've always used the rulebook to say your right.:ROFLMAO:

Look I said in it my previous post Leclerc put in 'a great overall drive' however it wasn't flawless yet he got away with his errors, that's not me whining that's simply stating a fact.

I did originally say it was an entertaining race in general and I did enjoy the battle at the front, but as a Seb fan as you would naturally expect I wasn't exactly 'thrilled' with how his race went, so of course I didn't enjoy how Seb's race went.
(Oh and to tell me to 'take off the blinkers' I find rich coming from you.:LOL:)

Well yeah technically all the drivers have a 5% chance of winning, 20 cars and all that lol.

And with your last sentence what exactly are you referencing to with this, is that to do with penalties, errors, driver performance?

Please elaborate Steve as I could easily jokingly say, a difference I see is Seb has 4 WDC's and Leclerc & Mad Max have none currently, or Seb is only one of 2 drivers to have won 4 WDC's in a row not even Hamilton has done that yet.

So I do sometimes need context to interpret what people are referring to, as unfortunately I'm not a mind reader.:LOL:
Yeah Vettel is washed up, a busted flush. Can't see beyond the 3 I mentioned as a potential WDC at this point in time. 4 time WDC? 4 out of 5 isn't bad with number 6 on the way for Hamilton to be fair.

In an event fight from 0 next year assuming no major change in performance differentials I think Leclerc is an absolute contender. Mercedes got a great start primarily because everyone expected the threat to come from Vettel (including Ferrari) and they dropped the ball between them.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah Vettel is washed up, a busted flush.
Don't hold back hey Steve lol.

Even if he doesn't return to having a flawless form in the future, Seb will still have the 4 WDC's and what he's achieved so far in the entirety of his F1 career, it already cements his place as one of the great's - whether you like it or not.

Sure of course I'd like to see him return to being a flawless driver and win one more WDC, but even if he doesn't I'll still have many happy memories.
Just like those who supported any of the recent greats of Senna, Prost & Schumacher.

Hamilton barring something outrageous happening has his 6th WDC in the bag, I will add though I found it interesting that when Brundle spoke to him post-race Monza about his lead in the championship, Hamilton said he wasn't/isn't really thinking about, yet a day later he said this:
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/11805854/lewis-hamilton-says-title-chase-stopped-charles-leclerc-collision

Now if I'm Mad Max, Leclerc, Seb or hell even Albon and I hear/read that then they'll know now while the championship isn't sealed, if they get the opportunity to throw one down the inside of him they should do it, as Hamilton's going to give way - as he has pretty much admitted there he is in reality points racing right now.

Obviously its a sensible approach, but equally in his position I wouldn't have made that statement and make it public knowledge.
Hamilton has put himself into a weaker position on the track now and any driver (bar Bottas) that is in a battle for position with him will be aware he has everything to lose, so that if he does decide to hold his ground or try overtake and has a costly collision, any of those drivers can simply say 'your racing for a championship I ain't, you should have backed out like you did at Monza'.

Would that be a unfair thing for drivers to do to Hamilton in those circumstances, yeah of course but equally they all have to be ruthless, as when you know for a fact a fellow driver isn't currently prepared or in a position to risk it then there going to use that situation to their advantage.

Mercedes got a great start primarily because everyone expected the threat to come from Vettel (including Ferrari) and they dropped the ball between them.
That was Merc just sandbagging pre-season testing like normal, lulling nearly everyone into a false sense of hope before letting the cat out the bag at Australia. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Don't hold back hey Steve lol.

Even if he doesn't return to having a flawless form in the future, Seb will still have the 4 WDC's and what he's achieved so far in the entirety of his F1 career, it already cements his place as one of the great's - whether you like it or not.

Sure of course I'd like to see him return to being a flawless driver and win one more WDC, but even if he doesn't I'll still have many happy memories.
Just like those who supported any of the recent greats of Senna, Prost & Schumacher.

Hamilton barring something outrageous happening has his 6th WDC in the bag, I will add though I found it interesting that when Brundle spoke to him post-race Monza about his lead in the championship, Hamilton said he wasn't/isn't really thinking about, yet a day later he said this:
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/11805854/lewis-hamilton-says-title-chase-stopped-charles-leclerc-collision

Now if I'm Mad Max, Leclerc, Seb or hell even Albon and I hear/read that then they'll know now while the championship isn't sealed, if they get the opportunity to throw one down the inside of him they should do it, as Hamilton's going to give way - as he has pretty much admitted there he is in reality points racing right now.

Obviously its a sensible approach, but equally in his position I wouldn't have made that statement and make it public knowledge.
Hamilton has put himself into a weaker position on the track now and any driver (bar Bottas) that is in a battle for position with him will be aware he has everything to lose, so that if he does decide to hold his ground or try overtake and has a costly collision, any of those drivers can simply say 'your racing for a championship I ain't, you should have backed out like you did at Monza'.

Would that be a unfair thing for drivers to do to Hamilton in those circumstances, yeah of course but equally they all have to be ruthless, as when you know for a fact a fellow driver isn't currently prepared or in a position to risk it then there going to use that situation to their advantage.

That was Merc just sandbagging pre-season testing like normal, lulling nearly everyone into a false sense of hope before letting the cat out the bag at Australia. :rolleyes:
Hamilton is a racer, he's not going to just roll over everytime someone tests him. In fact, they will no doubt have to catch him first as I'm sure he will be up the front in the remaining Q's and R's.

But in the extreme circumstances he is having to try too hard to pass or someone is really taxing him then he'll play percentages no doubt reluctantly depending on whom and how big a gap he maintains or loses out least to.

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hamilton is a racer, he's not going to just roll over everytime someone tests him. In fact, they will no doubt have to catch him first as I'm sure he will be up the front in the remaining Q's and R's.

But in the extreme circumstances he is having to try too hard to pass or someone is really taxing him then he'll play percentages no doubt reluctantly depending on whom and how big a gap he maintains or loses out least to.
Yeah you'll get no argument from me there, I think the percentages game only comes into his equation each race if Hamilton finds himself out of position as it were, but he shouldn't have difficulty passing any of the midfield cars, its just the RB's and Ferrari's that will likely give him a potential headache.

I'm sure that Hamilton will be a bit more conservative, however I think whatever the points advantage he has over Bottas over the next few races, will probably be the main factor in most of his decision making when battling for position.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah you'll get no argument from me there, I think the percentages game only comes into his equation each race if Hamilton finds himself out of position as it were, but he shouldn't have difficulty passing any of the midfield cars, its just the RB's and Ferrari's that will likely give him a potential headache.

I'm sure that Hamilton will be a bit more conservative, however I think whatever the points advantage he has over Bottas over the next few races, will probably be the main factor in most of his decision making when battling for position.
Even if Hamilton starts losing races he will have to realistically lose to Bottas unless he has a mechanical or DNF to be worried about the title slipping away now.

I think another 30 points realistically puts him beyond Vettel, 50 puts him beyond Leclerc and Verstappen and 75 beyond Bottas. (e.g. Hamilton would have to finish 6th or lower every race if Bottas were to win the last four).