2019 Russian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019 Russian Grand Prix

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Time for what could possible (hopefully) be the penultimate race at the Shitty Sochi autodrom.

The weather for qualifying looks very dodgy which could be a big test for the new downforce heavy Ferrari and with Red Bull taking engine penalties ready for Japan (surprise surprise) it looks like a straight fight between Ferrari and Mercedes.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
with Red Bull taking engine penalties ready for Japan (surprise surprise) it looks like a straight fight between Ferrari and Mercedes.
'looks like' oh it will be lol.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/49839050

Well there you go Steve and LC, no RB's interfering with Merc means that's at least a podium for Hamilton guaranteed at worst this sunday, see I told you - Hamilton fans have nothing to worry about with the WDC.:LOL:

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Still showing a very high chance of rain for practice 3 and qualifying which judging from practice pace could be Mercedes best chance of getting on the front row.

If the Ferrari really is gaining 0.8 on the straight compared to the Mercedes as Hamilton says they are then that would make the Mercedes engine equivalent to the 2015 Honda and we all know that's not the case so Merc definitely have some pace still to find in their car.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Another top qualy performance by Leclerc, have to admit a tad disappointed Seb didn't lock out the front row for Ferrari though starting 3rd might not be a bad thing for him with the long run down to (technically) T2.

Either way Leclerc looks like he'll be the driver to beat today, it'll be interesting to see how Merc's alternative tyre strategy plays out also apparently a small chance of showers during the race (20-30%), but if we don't get a battle at the front then hopefully the midfield will put on a show instead.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
My thoughts on the race, well I'll level with (you) or anyone that's interested its a extremely rare occasion when I prefer Merc to win but after the way Ferrari handled things and Leclerc whinging again (instead of getting on with it) the way they collectively went about business today - they both got the race result they deserved in the end.

Obviously I was very disappointed with what happened to Seb with the engine issue, and I wasn't surprised Ferrari used the pitstop window to change positions, but the big positive was with Seb's performance, sure he wasn't properly on it in qualy but he clearly was faster then Leclerc in race pace yesterday.

I'm sure in time we'll find out the exact details of what was 'agreed' before the race, but whatever was agreed went out the window with the start Seb had, he was already past Hamilton before T1 and even if Leclerc defended the inside (as he should have) the speed Seb was gaining meant he would have got ahead by T2 anyway.

I have had a good chuckle last night seeing some of the comments on other sites, opinion seems in general split on this, but I think its pretty telling that Seb on Driver of the Day (also considering he (DNF'd)- if he truly was the villain of the race, then theres no way in a million years he wins DotD and that's a fact.

As for Hamilton and Merc, that result is now a 'game over' for both championships (bar the mathematical shouting) or are you still going to tell me @Steve Jackson that Hamilton's championship is at risk?:ROFLMAO:

Lastly not something I normally do I was looking through twitter, when this gem happened to catch my eye @iJokeri22 :D:

I was very close to jumping on that bandwagon, but I felt Seb deserved it more then the 'VSC display board'.;)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My thoughts on the race, well I'll level with (you) or anyone that's interested its a extremely rare occasion when I prefer Merc to win but after the way Ferrari handled things and Leclerc whinging again (instead of getting on with it) the way they collectively went about business today - they both got the race result they deserved in the end.

Obviously I was very disappointed with what happened to Seb with the engine issue, and I wasn't surprised Ferrari used the pitstop window to change positions, but the big positive was with Seb's performance, sure he wasn't properly on it in qualy but he clearly was faster then Leclerc in race pace yesterday.

I'm sure in time we'll find out the exact details of what was 'agreed' before the race, but whatever was agreed went out the window with the start Seb had, he was already past Hamilton before T1 and even if Leclerc defended the inside (as he should have) the speed Seb was gaining meant he would have got ahead by T2 anyway.

I have had a good chuckle last night seeing some of the comments on other sites, opinion seems in general split on this, but I think its pretty telling that Seb on Driver of the Day (also considering he (DNF'd)- if he truly was the villain of the race, then theres no way in a million years he wins DotD and that's a fact.

As for Hamilton and Merc, that result is now a 'game over' for both championships (bar the mathematical shouting) or are you still going to tell me @Steve Jackson that Hamilton's championship is at risk?:ROFLMAO:

Lastly not something I normally do I was looking through twitter, when this gem happened to catch my eye @iJokeri22 :D:

I was very close to jumping on that bandwagon, but I felt Seb deserved it more then the 'VSC display board'.;)
Can't let that slide. Mercedes did not deserve to win, they took advantage of the safefy cars, they fell nicely to their "suck it and see" (ultimately read) best strategy call.

Ironic that it was Vettel's Ferrari that brought out one of the safety cars, someone had the audacity to mention Ferrari reliability last night on Discord....ha ha not really, I'd go with reliability like that, it was one of those things.

Problem was, last week Ferrari f**ked up with strategy and stuffed Leclerc. They COMPOUNDED the error by playing "scenarios", what you have to remember is this is a team steeped in the mindset of 'Number One Driver'.

a) they are so inflexible they can't shake said mindset

b) they are confused as to who their number one driver is (hint: it's clearly Leclerc)

Seb got DotD because for some reason he is supported by a load of sycophanic fcuks like you.

Mathematically, the championship is at risk until it is secure. It looks highly improbable that Hamilton will not now win the WDC and without the benefit of doing said maths I believe that Merc can be WCC next time. It looks as much a certainty as it did when I told you earlier in the season that Hamilton would have his 6th title, just a LOT more, really.

One shitty call last week aside, Merc are happy to let their drivers race; partly because Bottas 2.0 has faded badly since the opening couple of races. He clearly can't get the 'maximum from the package' as he was mired in Red Bull in qualifying and took a while to assert over the McLarens in the race. Same opinion of Ferrari, Vettel should have been able to be 2nd in qualifying but wasn't. He did get a lightning start and the Mercs were always vulnerable due to the starting tyre.

One opinion that does carry credibility is that Red Bull car that powered Vettel to his 4 WDCs must've been a lot better than we even thought at the time and that unfortunately Mark Webber is more likeable that he is fast.

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Get ready to be a HAM fan. @Erti147 will be your bestest bestie :)
I honestly don't think Hamilton will ever drive for Ferrari I have a feeling if he wins next years championship he might call it a day but if he carry's on why take the risk of going to Ferrari when he has spent years building the Mercedes around him, plus I doubt Ferrari would let him fly off around the world doing all the stuff that he does. I just don't think it would be a good fit plus it relies of Vettel leaving and even then Leclerc will be top dog in Ferrari so Hamilton would be joining his team.