PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Elite - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Elite - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I suspect it will be similar to this season, but perhaps only a couple of 90 min races out of the full season of all tracks. With most of them being 45 min races.

TureeruT

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 22, 2019
I suspect it will be similar to this season, but perhaps only a couple of 90 min races out of the full season of all tracks. With most of them being 45 min races.
can you make a season divided in sprint and endurance with divided standings and overall standings? I think it would make everybody happy

Reactions: Dimitri Goeman

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I guess that may be possible, but seams a little excessive for what is likely to be 2 races that you would miss.

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
we can also make 6 races
1. 45min
2. 90min
3. 45min
4. 45min
5. 90min
6. 45min

probably better for people who can not race 90 minutes
maybe again in reverse grid for 90min races :unsure:

ask, why are the races in acc only 45 minutes long?

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
I prefer 60 minutes races with mandatory pitstops just like in pc2. Because in ACC even little damage effects car performance a lot. Right now if someone hits you, your race is over and you're just driving for finishing the race.
I hope there will be no Reverse grid because it was just creating a chaos. I don't know how it works in MP but maybe we can try superpole in 90min races?
And for the tier placements, hot stint can be better option than hotlaps. It would be more fair for consistent drivers.
I know it's only 3rd race but I wanted to add what's on my mind before I forget:)

Gianfrest/Twitch.tv

Pro Karter
May 16, 2019
I think this championship must be concluded as it was already set to start .... for the next seasons we will take different measures

TureeruT

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 22, 2019
wow my taste goes for the opposite.
I would like to race in a monthly 3h championship

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
We will be doing some special races, but I don't see that being built into the current GT3 league itself.

The issue with it, is we need twice as many drivers for the race (to give a decent number of cars on the grid).
Ie, if we did it with just T1, and team-mates shared the car, you drop from 30 cars racing, to 15. halving the chance of you racing against someone of a similar pace.

Ok, we can combine Tier 1 and 2 into 1 lobby, but then Tier 3 is rather empty....

+ Not everyone is teamed up, so that 15, will more likely be about 12 (if not less - I don't think many drivers would be running the 2 or 3 hours without someone else to share the car with....)

I suspect we will build something to run on it's own, perhaps between GT3 seasons in the future.
Full on long races (3hours+) sounds great, but they are rather niche, and if you were doing 3x 1 hour drivers, that's 90 drivers to fill a lobby.
Getting 90 drivers, that have the availability to cover each of the 3 hours, requires a LARGE driver base.
It works in iRacing, because they have the player base, and those 'special events' are not run on a weekly basis, so it draws ppl in.

So I would think it may be 2 hour races, perhaps of a 5 race season running between the GT3 leagues
It's something I have been thinking about for the future, but I've currently been devoting my time more to making sure the current league is all working as it should.

But I'm 100% certain, that we will be running some longer race events in the not too distant future! (probably some test races shortly after Season 1!)

Reactions: Dimitri Goeman

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I would go for a different mini league with the endurance tracks (monza, Silverstone, spa, paul Ricard..) with long races (3+ hrs), and mandatorypit windows.

It would be a team championship and not a drivers championship, team rosters up to 4 drivers, but no mandatory driver swaps (so it would be possible for one team to do a full race with a single driver, which would limit the risk of no-shows, and critically it would not require that we rack up 90 drivers for a 30 cars league).

Cars would be locked but drivers would be allowed do switch team only once with no point lost for the teams.

Last edited:

Tranq

Pro Karter
Jul 12, 2019
60 min races would be okay for me to do for the moment, im currently waiting on an appointment with a surgeon so i'd be back able to doing longer races by the start of next year hopefully which i cant wait for, i love endurance races. how do driver swaps work on this game? i havent tested or saw anything about it yet but you could try some events where all tiers enter and each team needs one driver from each tier? then have a full grid or there abouts and a lot of strategy and stuff comes into play with it

MikeTinus

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 25, 2018
I was really annoyed last week after the race, because people drove like stupid (me too to be honest). So when i came back for this week i hoped its gonna be more fair. In my race it WASN`T. Could be just bad luck, but i expect from a league like that, that people can overtake without crashing into each other. I take my time for those races to have some fun and some good racing, but to get punted everytime someone tries to overtake isnt fun in my point of view. You could say im able to take the stewards decisions to get this thing cleaner, but i i dont want to spend my time with writing reports about others and in my opinion its unnecassary because it wont bring back my race. SO I DECIDED TO LEAVE. I can understand if someone is pissed at me. I really appriaciate the work and time of the guys up there but i dont wanna waste my time anymore. Thanks for everything and probably see some of you guys at other leagues. And i want to give an advice to some guys of you: dont go to a stream of other guys and complain that you got taken out when it wasnt even there fault.

Have a good one!!

Mike

• Friendly
  • Winner
Reactions: ZeroStefan and Def

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
I was really annoyed last week after the race, because people drove like stupid (me too to be honest). So when i came back for this week i hoped its gonna be more fair. In my race it WASN`T. Could be just bad luck, but i expect from a league like that, that people can overtake without crashing into each other. I take my time for those races to have some fun and some good racing, but to get punted everytime someone tries to overtake isnt fun in my point of view. You could say im able to take the stewards decisions to get this thing cleaner, but i i dont want to spend my time with writing reports about others and in my opinion its unnecassary because it wont bring back my race. SO I DECIDED TO LEAVE. I can understand if someone is pissed at me. I really appriaciate the work and time of the guys up there but i dont wanna waste my time anymore. Thanks for everything and probably see some of you guys at other leagues. And i want to give an advice to some guys of you: dont go to a stream of other guys and complain that you got taken out when it wasnt even there fault.

Have a good one!!

Mike
With many new faces whom you race against, especially in tier 1, steward enquiries are the only way to register incidents and for me to see who are the cleaner drivers. Obviously coordinators report, but really stewards enquiries allow us to keep track of things. I kindly ask you to reconsider, but if not, I hope to see you for the next season.

The racing is very fair in tier 2 and I'm confident it will be the same in tier 1.

Tranq

Pro Karter
Jul 12, 2019
from what i've seen the only person who really causes incidents consistently is housseini and he always swears at everyone during a race but im usually at the back so idk who else does but i've had a really enjoyable time racing all my incidents except one major lag spike come from me spinning lmao, i've spun 11 times in three races. i'll do a race eventually where i dont spin

THR Wolf

4 Times AOR Project CARS2 Champion!
Jul 30, 2015

Have a good one!!

Mike
we talked about it in the channel, coming on to the forums to say the same thing that you said to me but as a slight shade isn't cool. :| i'm sorry that you're leaving the season but you were still actually to blame partially but no where near the Lexus that actually tapped me into you. sorry about the tap prior to that in the last corner though.

• What?
Reactions: ZeroStefan and Def