PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Elite - ROUND 1 - Spa - 30.07.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Elite - ROUND 1 - Spa - 30.07.19 @8PM UK TIME

Chloé

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019

ROUND 1 - Spa

Event Information:
Date: Tuesday 30-07-19
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 45 mins

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Cloudy

- Race start: Cloudy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 11:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the LEFT, P2 and the even numbers on the RIGHT.

Acceleration Point:

Last edited by a moderator:

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
If anyone needs the R1 server settings here it is:
{
"track": "spa",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 150,
"ambientTemp": 22,
"trackTemp": 25,
"cloudLevel": 0.55,
"rain": 0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15,
"trackStatus": {
"useAdditiveStatus": 1,
"idealLineGrip": 1.0,
"outsideLineGrip": 0.7,
"marblesLevel": 0.0,
"puddlesLevel": 0.0,
"wetDryLineLevel": 0.0,
"wetLevel": 0.0}
},
{
"hourOfDay": 11,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 45,
"trackStatus": {
"useAdditiveStatus": 1,
"idealLineGrip": 1.0,
"outsideLineGrip": 0.7,
"marblesLevel": 0.0,
"puddlesLevel": 0.0,
"wetDryLineLevel": 0.0,
"wetLevel": 0.0}
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Reactions: Gianfrest/Twitch.tv

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
If anyone is not going to be able to make this race, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can inform the reserves with as much notice as possible that they have a slot to race.

Unplanned/unexpected things can always come up, and many things would need to take precedence over sim-racing, which is completely understandable, but the later anyone leaves it to announce they can't race the worse it is for everyone involved, and the longer the notice given the less it will impact the coordinator teams opinions when deciding on future placements/reserve slots.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Update to formation: P1 and the odd numbers line up on the LEFT, P2 and the even numbers on the RIGHT.

Reactions: Gamisuke

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Just a few extra details/reminders/tips that should be of interest to everyone taking part tonight.

1. At the start of the race, we are doing a full in-game formation lap, but without the speed limiter...this does not count as part of the 45mins, but you do burn fuel on it, so take a lap extra.

2. Since you have a full formation lap, there is no need to move immediately off the line, the rules state everyone should wait 5 seconds, but you have a full formation lap to get back close to cars ahead, so don't move away until the car ahead has started moving (and leave a bit of a gap in-case their car immediately stalls, as some cars tend to do).

3. Accidents/damage/contact during the formation lap is borderline unforgivable, and will be looked upon very harshly by the stewards (don't be surprised to see Quali bans for future races for messing this part up).

4. Accidents/contact on the first racing lap will also be looked on very harshly by the stewards (don't be surprised to see Quali or Race bans), much more-so than incidents from lap 2 onwards, please be extra careful on lap 1, you don't want to ruin your own race or anyone elses.

5. The coordinators have agreed/been instructed to only restart the race is more than half the grid gets their car destroyed in the first few corners, so if the pile-up doesn't involve more than 15 cars, no point wasting your time and asking for one.

6. If you reset to the pits, you are not permitted to leave the pits and rejoin, sadly your race is over, and there is no value in endangering the races of others just to do some more laps.

7. The first corner of the actual race is Eau Rouge, odds will be starting on the left

8. Everyone is expected/required to join the ACC GT3 Tier 1 discord voice channel for the race, you don't need to be able to speak, just to be able to listen to any instructions from the coordinator. That channel on Discord enforces the need to use 'Push to Talk' so you may want to bind a button on your wheel to it before the race.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
First race of the first season of a new game for AOR. Sorry about the server issues at the start that caused us to have to restart. It seems there is an issue with ACC currently where if you restart during a session, after the timer has finished and during the overtime that it freaks out. It all makes sense now but it was something we missed at the time. Shouldn't happen again in future.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, starting with a full grid of 30 was great to see and it was also very nice to see such a clean and fair first lap. I had a lot of fun battling at the back of the midfield until I got greedy about 20mins in and put my car in the wall trying to line up a pass on @WarnTyre's Audi. The car was perfect, just an impatient error in judgement, but after some repairs I still got to have some fun racing some others who were also a lap down, so wasn't all bad.

Congrats to @Jardier for the win, @Chloé for a fine second, and @-L.X.- for somehow not dying in that Audi while driving it to 3rd.

If anyone had any problems with the custom liveries, or anything in general, post here or send a message to @Chloé or myself, or if its something you want the opinion of the stewards on post it here:

Just an FYI, there has been some discussion regarding the points distribution and possibly adjusting how it works, will post updates if anything comes from it.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Replay file for the race for anyone who wants it and doesn't have it saved:

-L.X.-

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 21, 2018
Are race reports still a thing?:unsure:

Qualifying
Caught me by surprise. While practicing with mates and only doing hot laps with 17.8's at best I've lost (sorta) my mind when I'd secured P6 with a 2:17.2 :D

Race
Everyone brought their best at the table the first few round from my POV, fair and clean but still aggressive fighting for positions. The first 2 laps I've heavily fought against @Chloé, having a sick clean section wheel to wheel which looks lovely on replay, but had to back out due my Audi wasn't the trustworthiest of all cars around this track ;)
Having clean air in front of me whilst trying to stay behind the car infront, 4 opponents wrecked themselves which led me to gain P3.
But with 30mins left to go, I've got @aidtheace in my mirror the whole frickin' time, keeping me on my toes to contain the same margain to him :D
He just wouldn't leave me alone, even tried to distract me with a so called pro simracer move:

But I've maintained my pace and brought the Audi to P3, destroying the hopes for a boat-filled podium ;)

Congratz to @Jardier for demolishing us with a margain of 20-30sec, @Chloé for 2nd and an enjoyable fight and @aidtheace for trying to make me blind, (I'll see you in court <3)

Cheers
-L.X.-

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
This made me fecking laugh so hard dude! OH MY GOD! :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I only did it a few times near then end to try and make you crack a bit because you were so damn consistent!!
Great race man!

I had a great first round that I was not expecting at all! I didn't do a great deal of practice due to work but managed to get myself in P9 in qualifying.
The the race started well and everyone was super clean until the front runners started dropping like flys so as @-L.X.-said we both inherited P3 and P4 and it stuck like that until the end, with a cheeky bit of light flashing! haha
Had a great battle with @Tudesertpac unitl he tried around the outside at Blanchimont, he lifted which made him lose the car and unfortunately the battle was over.
Was so happy to score some good points in Round 1. I will try to have some more good results like that again, because I was BUZZING!!
Great racing everyone.

Tranq

Pro Karter
Jul 12, 2019
i think the rule that the guy on pole in the formation lap decides when the race start needs to be enforced more cause that wasnt really what happened at the front last night haha it is kinda hard to ignore the engineer though tbh

Chloé

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
It is because i forgot to type the /manual start. So the speed was locked to 90km/h, next race it should be ok

aidtheace

Nov 9, 2016

So guys I'm off work tomorrow and as there was no stream Im going to make a bit of a highlights video of Round 1.
If anyone was involved or saw any mega action during the race let me know where abouts it was during the race and what car number you were so I can find it easily.
It will hopefully go up Friday Evening as il make it during the day and upload it that night.
Let me know if it's something people would want me to do.
I may consider doing this every round if people want it.
Longer 90 minute races maybe a struggle though, and hopefully by then there will be an "official" stream anyway. :)

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Nice first race I really enjoyed it up until the point I killed myself. Remember people killing yourself is not a good idea!
Was a great fight with @aidtheace up until I fell back to p14 but still had a great pace with my damaged tyres wich got me p9 behind karsten. My tyres where gone 7 minutes until the end which made me lose my car on the curb at eau rogue ending my whole career..

• Useful
Reactions: Gamisuke

aidtheace

Nov 9, 2016

Right lads. Here is the Race Highlights of the Tier 1 race. Would appreciate the support on the video because it has taken me all day to get the clips, trim them and make it, then render and upload it since 10.30am. Lol
Enjoy!