PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 2 - Nurburgring - 06.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 2 - Nurburgring - 06.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
So who of you guys have tried the 1.0.7 beta and is running it in tomorrow’s race? Haven’t tried it yet my self and probably won’t have time to try it until after tomorrow

LiboCZ

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 25, 2016
I tried it and for me it works fine, since I am not he fastest driver I really cannot say which version is faster but I will race with version 7.

Reactions: ApexMaibom

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I test both twice and can't tell a difference in the wet at all. Haven't ran in the dry much but people say the curbs are better.

Reactions: ApexMaibom

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
I test both twice and can't tell a difference in the wet at all. Haven't ran in the dry much but people say the curbs are better.
Thanks, will give it a go after the race tomorrow (y) Seems intriguing that the curbs are gonna be more usable and less upsetting on the car.

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Umm, I have a tiny little proposal: How about we use our indicators! On this track, for instance, I think it might be useful for someone following someone else to be aware that he's going to the pits, because otherwise they might end up hitting them when the car in front is easing off the throttle after the chicane and taking his right turn into the pit lane entrance. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I think there is some incident potential. If the leading car switches on their right side indicators somewhere along the straight before the chicane, there's a good chance of avoiding that risk.
Also, it might generally be nice if backmarkers would indicate the side of the track they will choose to be lapped more safely. What do you think?

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
Umm, I have a tiny little proposal: How about we use our indicators! On this track, for instance, I think it might be useful for someone following someone else to be aware that he's going to the pits, because otherwise they might end up hitting them when the car in front is easing off the throttle after the chicane and taking his right turn into the pit lane entrance. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I think there is some incident potential. If the leading car switches on their right side indicators somewhere along the straight before the chicane, there's a good chance of avoiding that risk.
Also, it might generally be nice if backmarkers would indicate the side of the track they will choose to be lapped more safely. What do you think?
Seems like a good idea, but might be difficult to do in a tight situation.

I hope that people have set their discord to “push to talk” for the event tonight, so we won’t have to listen to heavy breathing, burping etc. during quali and race

LiboCZ

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 25, 2016
What a race... :)
I am really exhausted now, but super happy for my first AOR win, hopefully not first and last one :) I really love Nurburgring but 90 mins race on wet track, super tough..

Would like to also congratz P2 @ApexMaibom you had really amazing pace.
Also well done @ZeFau in the first part of the race you were really super fast and I was nowhere near to you, well done for 3rd.

Now I need really shower :)

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
What a race... :)
I am really exhausted now, but super happy for my first AOR win, hopefully not first and last one :) I really love Nurburgring but 90 mins race on wet track, super tough..

Would like to also congratz P2 @ApexMaibom you had really amazing pace.
Also well done @ZeFau in the first part of the race you were really super fast and I was nowhere near to you, well done for 3rd.

Now I need really shower :)
Congrats man. That strategy worked out great for you (y) Should have went with maybe 15-20 liters more from the beginning but I was thinking it might upset the Porsche at an early stage of the race having that extra weight on the front axle. When I finally got passed you I only had one lap before I had to pit for fuel and you just massively overcut me on that stop - so great effort, should have been pushing even harder earlier on to force my way through:D:D

But great fun and intensive racing between us and overall I think that blue flags was well respected, only had to mention it once in close battling.

@ZeFau you we’re just gone after the first 5-10 laps with amazing pace compared to @LiboCZ and I, but probably had some kind of of track excursion at som point.

Looking very much forward to Hungary next week.

/Cheers guys

• Friendly
Reactions: ZeFau and LiboCZ

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Indeed, what a race. Congratulations P1, P2 and everybody who finished in a position they are happy to have achieved ;)

@LiboCZ , you da man! You and your flawless driving! Unnerving! But admirable.

Myself, I couldn't handle the pressure of leading a race well enough. When I came up to the first backmarker, I grabbed for the flasher but missed my braking point. Screech, spin, tyres ruined. Then another spin due to shredded tyres. Into the pits, fresh rubber and the chase was on. Thanks everybody for letting me try to catch up. Had good fights with @Xeonski, @S4Howie and probably others that I forget now. I was in such a hurry!

Now it's time for champagne, @LiboCZ. Or a beer after the shower.

Thanks for the race, I need a cup of soothing herbal tea now...

xype

Pro Karter
Jul 10, 2019
Congrats @LiboCZ on the win that was amazing driving and nice strategy, im curious how much fuel did you take on the start? @ZeFau that was amazing early pace from you. I was chasing top 3 after bad start and then Tomas Stanek i believe just rejoined straight into my car... Game calculated 43 minutes of repairs for me is it possible or is it a bug?

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
Congrats @LiboCZ on the win that was amazing driving and nice strategy, im curious how much fuel did you take on the start? @ZeFau that was amazing early pace from you. I was chasing top 3 after bad start and then Tomas Stanek i believe just rejoined straight into my car... Game calculated 43 minutes of repairs for me is it possible or is it a bug?
I could feel you breathing on my neck at some point :oops:

Sad to hear that though

Are you sure it wasn’t just 43 seconds?

Reactions: xype

xype

Pro Karter
Jul 10, 2019
@ApexMaibom Im sure because i checked it twice... My car was totally destroyed couldnt even shift and brake properly so maybe it wasnt bug.

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
What a race !
Even though i'm not having as much fun as in pcars2 in term of driving experience and i can't get my fully potential, the race is amazing !
I didn't see any unfair move, just clean and hard racing.

I think i failed at the foot of the podium a little, with 20-15 min left i had @ZeFau 2s behind me, i think that it would have been possible (maybe not able) to keep him behind) but i did a mistake in schumacher s and just lost him, his pace without trafic was insane, he did my best lap on average :D

I just had a scary moment with a backmarker who lost his just before the bus stop chicane 20min before the end, don't know who it is but i think he can recognized him. After he missed his braking he was on the right side of the road at this moment he did something i clearly did not expect, he reversed onto the track. I can get that if you're in the wrong position you can't see people coming and relative timeboard is useless but please never reverse onto the track like that just continue in the grass to rejoin safely this move was really close (i think @ZeFau saw that).

Anyway looking forward for the next race, congrats to @LiboCZ, @ApexMaibom and @ZeFau, not sure if i can perform on the hungaroring i never raced on it.