PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 3 - Hungaroring - 13.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 3 - Hungaroring - 13.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
I'm not contesting the contact, yes it occured.

As a driver whether in front or behind we should be aware of what is happening all around us, not just whats in front.

This incident was a result of understeer from my car and was unavoidable with the lines of both of us.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the person you referring to is myself.

"Punted" was not the intention in any of the incidents that occured, but contact was actually a result slower/different cornering/racecraft. I don't have the replays, but from memory, the incidents were either down to different line, drivers not using the mirrors and checking if there was a car on the inside line under braking, or later braking lines from myself.

This track track is difficult to overtake on, and as a result it meant that a lot of overtaking had to take place under braking, often heavy. If the other drivers used the mirrors or radar to realise they can't turn in on me, then the incidents wouldnt have occured.

Obviously, my braking points could be more tentative, but this would result in my overall pace slower, and after all, its racing, so we are all pushing and not out for a Sunday drive.

Drivers need to not only be mindful of cars behind, next to and in front of them and not only focused on their "standard" line or braking points.

In the vein of peace and harmony, I will apologise however to @ZeFau and @TheRealestPepito for the contact that occured - you will see from all previous races and any races on PCars2 that my racecraft is sound, and taken from real life in a simulated world.
We will have to disagree, having looked back at replays and looking at the one from @TheRealestPepito above, in my opinion driving in an unsafe way when following a car. The move in the replay above was so late in my opinion and it was never going to end well. You did understeer I can see that, but that is a result of you clearly carrying too much speed into the corner and really, your car should not have been there in the first place. This almost happened when you were following me multiple times, I watched in the mirror as you came roaring up to the back of me, then ran wide going through the corner because again carrying too much speed.

I do agree you need to be aware of your surroundings at all times and give each other room, that goes without saying. But ultimately it is the responsibility of the driver behind, to race and overtake in a safe manner. Given that it was you that made contact in both incidents, then I think that the person who needs to be more aware of others is you. If the car in front is doing stupid things in the braking zones, weaving etc... then that is a different story altogether. Looking at replays, that is not the case here though.

Ultimately its racing, stuff happens, we all know that. I have hit people in the past through bad driving/mistakes but ultimately I knew it was my fault, I apologised either straight away or at the end and we move on and I try to make sure it doesn't happen again. But it does seem like you are being quite dismissive of your involvement in the incidents and the apology you offered is quite a throwaway gesture here. Your saying sorry because you have to not because feel like you did anything wrong and therefore should apologise.

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
Yes we will disagree @Welchy10, my lines were different to yours in the early laps, but that isn't a reason to apologise, or necessarily change my braking points. Likewise, @TheRealestPepito left an open gap in entry to corner, and was not driving defensively and therefore i took my opportunity to attempt to outbrake and keep the corner. However, my braking wasn't quite hard enough and i undertsteered. Racing incident, pure accident, and i slowed to allow him to rejoin, losing position for both of us to the Lambo.

I have apologiesed for the incidents, which i both believe are racing incidents.

We can keep debating it as much as we like, raise it to the Stewards and strip the points, whatever makes you feel more content, but ultimately we will disagree.

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
So that was a first couple of laps to forget!

Quali:

Already before the session, I knew i would probably be struggling at this track having really not found a good setup and only had a few laps under .47's when practicing.

Did a few tweaks during the session and got myself a way more comftable setup but still only managed to get P13.

Race:

Race start actually went quite well and already through turn 2 i managed to do a bold overtake around the outside of @S4Howie 's Lexus and move up to P12 and starting to feel like I could be in for some kind of good placement. However, 3 turns later into turn 5, @S4Howie outbroke himself, tapping me on the back causing me to spin and sadly to be collected by someone in a Lambo (hope you weren't to badly damaged). The tap caused me some light damage to the back but didn't feel to serious though. New position, P22.

Tried to dug my head in to try and get back into the race, and let go of the spin. Quickly regained a position due to others punting and spinning and was pushing at the back of another Lexus when passing start/finish. Had opened up a gap to @S4Howie bigger than the 40 meters my rearview mirror is showing but on my turn in to turn 1 on lap two, I once again found myself being suddenly tapped on the rear by the same Lexus - once again spinning and losing even more time to the pack!

This was extremely frustrating as accidents can happen occasionally but to be taken out of contention twice in almost one lap, by the same car was just to much. Won't be taking it to the stewards though, as I could see from the replay, it was a matter of overshooting the braking on both occasions and any penalty won't change anything for me in the standings as is. But I would say, if you are overshooting your braking, give up the corner and go for the outside instead of trying to salvage anything by going for the apex and risking both your own and somebody else's race. Frustrating as i was running 2nd in the championship and with the amount of mistakes and the one DT, I believe i could have made a better result in the end for this round. Did salvage 10th at least with a very late overtake on last lap on @packolla - always fun with close racing no matter for which position ;)

Hoping for a better time round for the next race.

Cheers mates

BTW. @S4Howie did apologise straight after the race on the inbox on this forum, so no hard feelings in that respect

Last edited:

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
@77 Apology accepted. I fully understand when you are taken by surprise by somebody else's different line and can't react appropriately. On the other hand, when you are faster than somebody and closing down fast, there's gotta be a reason for that and we should always approach carefully and be prepared to get on the brakes earlier than we normally would. But that's easier said than done. ;)
Myself, I have to apologize as well to an AMG driver that I hit when he rejoined the track after leaving it in turn 2. You were going straight for your racing line and I couldn't avoid you anymore. Wasn't expecting that. ;)
On a more positive note, thanks to @GIXXERosg for pulling me along and an almost epic battle. I was sad and glad at the same time when you made that mistake into turn 5. Cheers!

TheRealestPepito

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 21, 2019
@77 Apology accepted. I fully understand when you are taken by surprise by somebody else's different line and can't react appropriately. On the other hand, when you are faster than somebody and closing down fast, there's gotta be a reason for that and we should always approach carefully and be prepared to get on the brakes earlier than we normally would. But that's easier said than done. ;)
Myself, I have to apologize as well to an AMG driver that I hit when he rejoined the track after leaving it in turn 2. You were going straight for your racing line and I couldn't avoid you anymore. Wasn't expecting that. ;)
On a more positive note, thanks to @GIXXERosg for pulling me along and an almost epic battle. I was sad and glad at the same time when you made that mistake into turn 5. Cheers!
That AMG guy was me i think haha. I apologised on the discord after the race, not sure if you saw it. If not then i apologise that was 100% my fault. i thought i had left enough space but looking back at the replay i couldve been a bit closer to the edge on the rejoin and let you through. Didnt actually see you.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Yes we will disagree @Welchy10, my lines were different to yours in the early laps, but that isn't a reason to apologise, or necessarily change my braking points. Likewise, @TheRealestPepito left an open gap in entry to corner, and was not driving defensively and therefore i took my opportunity to attempt to outbrake and keep the corner. However, my braking wasn't quite hard enough and i undertsteered. Racing incident, pure accident, and i slowed to allow him to rejoin, losing position for both of us to the Lambo.

I have apologiesed for the incidents, which i both believe are racing incidents.

We can keep debating it as much as we like, raise it to the Stewards and strip the points, whatever makes you feel more content, but ultimately we will disagree.
No need for the sarcasm with the "whatever makes you more content" comment but ill let that slide.

I am not asking you to apologise for taking different lines, your entitled to take whatever line you want when following someone. But if those lines are causing issues i.e contact with other cars then maybe you need to think about how you drive when following other cars closely. Ultimately if the car in front does something unexpected, or stupid, as I said you cannot be held to blame for that. So I agree with you there. But you must take more care when following a car closely especially when you know you have the pace on them.

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for the racing that we had. You didn't hit me, we didn't make any contact so its fine. I have no issue with that at all.

But its fine, its done now lets move on and hopefully we can keep these incidents to a minimum.

Despite these incidents, these races are awesome and I cannot wait for next week!

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
No need for the sarcasm with the "whatever makes you more content" comment but ill let that slide.

I am not asking you to apologise for taking different lines, your entitled to take whatever line you want when following someone. But if those lines are causing issues i.e contact with other cars then maybe you need to think about how you drive when following other cars closely. Ultimately if the car in front does something unexpected, or stupid, as I said you cannot be held to blame for that. So I agree with you there. But you must take more care when following a car closely especially when you know you have the pace on them.

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for the racing that we had. You didn't hit me, we didn't make any contact so its fine. I have no issue with that at all.

But its fine, its done now lets move on and hopefully we can keep these incidents to a minimum.

Despite these incidents, these races are awesome and I cannot wait for next week!
Increasing my braking pressure for next week....stopping the Boatley is like stopping a train....same as in real life :)

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I'm happy with third place, but a little frustrated because I made a mistake loading the setup at the start of the race. I was forced to run with the wrong setup and had a lot of trouble with fast cornering, being forced to lift the throttle where I normally had no need to... I even reduced the TC by two clicks, but with little effect... I was thus prevented from discussing the two places ahead of me, which were extraordinarily fast! Congratulations @xype @krop!

See you in Barcelona!

BTW, as usual, my POV:

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
kind reminder that the race starts when P1 decides to floor the throttle, not when the crew chief says "green light gogogo"

also, we'll need to slow th **** down much more during the 2-by-2 formation before the start. I'll raise the point with the coordinators

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
kind reminder that the race starts when P1 decides to floor the throttle, not when the crew chief says "green light gogogo"

also, we'll need to slow th **** down much more during the 2-by-2 formation before the start. I'll raise the point with the coordinators
I must say that this always confuse me when the crew chief say that i always do a little "jump" when i hear him :p , i hope i will be able to ignore him quickly

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Can we reduce the speed after the formation point to 60kph ? as we can see on your clip the field is not coordinated and it could be because the turn was long and people speed up to catch the right so everyone behind speed up

Reactions: GIXXERosg

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Can we reduce the speed after the formation point to 60kph ? as we can see on your clip the field is not coordinated and it could be because the turn was long and people speed up to catch the right so everyone behind speed up
Yep, that's what I'm gonna discuss with other cods

xype

Pro Karter
Jul 10, 2019
That was an amazing fight from the start to finish @krop your race pace saw so good especially in 1st sector. I have to say bentley on this track really feels like a boat for me I couldnt find any setup to fix this ending up with no trust in the car... I dont know is it my issue or just bad car track combo. Anyways... I feel like there is big big issue with understanding the blue flags, like 8 out of 10 times I was held up really hard by a backmarker. Last 5 or 4 corners of the were perfect example of that... I was held up massively by @DiRTMark (i believe) what almost cost me the race win.

TheRealestPepito

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 21, 2019
That was an amazing fight from the start to finish @krop your race pace saw so good especially in 1st sector. I have to say bentley on this track really feels like a boat for me I couldnt find any setup to fix this ending up with no trust in the car... I dont know is it my issue or just bad car track combo. Anyways... I feel like there is big big issue with understanding the blue flags, like 8 out of 10 times I was held up really hard by a backmarker. Last 5 or 4 corners of the were perfect example of that... I was held up massively by @DiRTMark (i believe) what almost cost me the race win.
Agree with blue flags. Was a huge issue in Quali for me. I dont know who the guys were cause i turned tags off but i had to abort several hotlaps because i wasnt being let through by people on out laps even though i was flashing them like a mad man. Something to look at.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@ZeFau I was trying to figure out a way to let you through at some point if needed but NOT blow the dam corner lol The Porsche's came alive, Vallla had good pace in his as well.

If someone is on my ass for 2-3 laps I try to let them through to avoid trouble, I would rather run my own pace and race then fight to long. You tend to score more points in the long run ;)

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Can someone get me the in game replay, mine didn't auto save and forgot to do it just in case

NVM

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@ApexMaibom looking through the replay @S4Howie did wait up both times and I know from experience in the Lexus that the brake lock up is real!!! It is odd as hell to be honest because things feel great and then the car just slides on you BIG TIME. Sucks you both kept finding each other on track!

Reactions: ApexMaibom

packolla

Formula Karter
Dec 17, 2018
Did salvage 10th at least with a very late overtake on last lap on @packolla - always fun with close racing no matter for which position ;)
A connection lag destroyed my race :/
I got severe damage and lost around 2 sec per lap. It was so hard to hold the car on track since that...
I had a couple of laps a much faster backmarker behind me. And told him 6 times, that he can pass... then I realized that I pressed the wrong pushToTalk button :/

The last three laps I tried to give you no opportunity to overtake with a really defending line. (Sorry for that ;))
The standing in the first corner of the last round was the kiss of death. I lost grip and had a really bad exit...

So congrats ;)

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@packolla was it your connection or @77 's do you think?

FYI - I was feeling some funky stuff going on with connection also BUT being in the USA and Fixed Point Wireless if you EVER see my wrap, lag, etc let me know ASAP so I can either pull aside or retire. Same goes for others because while on track in ACC it's not easy to tell if your the one.