PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - PRO-AM - ROUND 5 - Paul Ricard - 27.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - PRO-AM - ROUND 5 - Paul Ricard - 27.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Hi,

First of all, a big thanks to @GIXXERosg and @VoodooChild for coordinating this league, also a big thanks to @Shooter80 for setting up the servers.

This race just show the retard i am. I removed my hands from the steering wheel on the straight to replace my pedals (temporary wheel, a dfgt instead of a csl, ffb is not bad when you get used to it but these pedals...) i got into the only bump of the straight who slightly moved my car and as it is not PC2, the car can't be recovered once it start wiggling. so people behind saw a man lost it in the longest straight of the game :p. My luck pushed my car to the right in the direction of the only wall of this track. Even if i was not fighting for points it was still fun to drive around and catch up people shame that i was a lap down, i could have moved up the field.

For the game itself, it shows me a potential that i didn't see during the beta, during the beta and especially after cancelling matchmaking (you can't change my mind on this, they planned to do it but didn't, you don't show that in a trailer and let people think it will be a concurrent to iracing if it's not there) i thought that this was a great hotlapping game but a not so great racing game. But this season showed that it was possible (at least in T3) and most importantly fun (at least in T3).

Congratulations to @xype @LiboCZ and @krop for the championship.

And again a big thanks to the coordinator.

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
So that was a fucking heartbreaking night and race! 1st quali P2 from some kind of magic lap in the Porsche. 2nd quali P6 but still ok.

Having beautiful battles with @77 starting to put the pressure back on him and all of the sudden at the last corner moving my vision briefly to the outside of the car before VR shut down completely.

My wife decided to turn of the lights in the room! The Rift S don’t work in the dark :eek::poop:

Hope I didn’t cause any problems before being able to warp back to the pits :unsure: Sorry if I did.

So to whoever won congrats and it’s been fun racing you guys.
See y’all again

Cheers
Ahhh thats what happened to you - you'd caught me back and then disappeared on the final corner....explains it now!

Great battles tho @ApexMaibom - wish i'd kept some of the replay to watch back but nvm, could have done with a best of summary haha.

@GIXXERosg @VoodooChild - top job guys, excited for S2 and hopefully finishing higher up the field!

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
Ahhh thats what happened to you - you'd caught me back and then disappeared on the final corner....explains it now!

Great battles tho @ApexMaibom - wish i'd kept some of the replay to watch back but nvm, could have done with a best of summary haha.

@GIXXERosg @VoodooChild - top job guys, excited for S2 and hopefully finishing higher up the field!
I had a lot of fun during our scrap (y) sorry ‘Bout the squeeze into the fast righthander at the end of the Mistral straight, thought I left you more room than I did. Good thing none of us lost it though:geek:

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
I had a lot of fun during our scrap (y) sorry ‘Bout the squeeze into the fast righthander at the end of the Mistral straight, thought I left you more room than I did. Good thing none of us lost it though:geek:
Haha no worries, rubbin's racing after all and in VR everything seems a little more crazy lol

Reactions: ApexMaibom

SergioKillerLA

Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Superb race.
Congratulations to @xype, @krop and @Pepito for the podium.
You were really too fast for me. I held 20 minutes behind you, then after a tiny mistake, I never felt I could come back to you.
Thanks also to @LiboCZ for this long psychological battle for 4th place.

Congratulations also to you for the championship. You have been very solid and steady. You'll be deserve to go into Tier 2.
Thank you also to our two coordinators @Voodoo and @GIXXERosg for the work done and thank you ALL for this great season.
See you for the next session

Last edited:

TheRealestPepito

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 21, 2019
That was a good end to the season. We're all getting better progressively it seems and the races are getting cleaner as far as I can tell. That Porsche parked in the last corner a la Schumi was interesting haha. Gonna have to work hard as hell to keep up with @krop and @xype next season. Paul Ricard was as close as i managed to get and really enjoyed trading lap times with Krop. Really like my alcoholic AMG but might change next season to mix it up. Or not, havent decided yet. Also for anyone considering the Merc or having fuel issues with it, I ran on Map 2 for the large majority of last night's race and dont think I lost that much time at all. According to the ACC devs you only lose 4bhp. The fuel saving was significant however so might be something to keep in mind especially for the endurance races.

Thanks @GIXXERosg and @VoodooChild for the great coordination work as usual. Looking forward to Season 2!

Edit: I do have some feedback but will think about it for a bit and post it in the feedback thread. Some of it applies to ProAm specifically though so i'll be posting those here later.

Yep you kept me honest for quite some time there @SergioKillerLA I really thought your Lambo would eat me up down the straight but luckily the AMG has good pace in the corners haha

JulianSchmitz

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
I also had a good time in S1 didn’t really come along an incident worth protesting from my perspective. So I’m fine going on track again with all you guys. But my pace with the safe or my consistency with the aggressive sets needs to improve to be competitive for S2.

I also see a lot of potential in ACC, the current package is suitable for league racing, but of course there is room for improvements like: getting an ingame weather forecast for the race weekend so you can prepare better, full custom liveries like in iracing, netcode that won’t cause this warping of cars when you drafting someone … but those are far down the road if they will come ever.

To @GIXXERosg and @VoodooChild great job coordinating a bunch of new racers/members, you guys were there with short and clear instructions when they were needed during the sessions. That’s how it's supposed to be from my point of view.