PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - PRO - ROUND 5 - Paul Ricard - 27.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - PRO - ROUND 5 - Paul Ricard - 27.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, it was a rather awesome race for me!
Quallied in the mid pack (13th I think) with a decent lap for me!

Managed to get a safe start, and sneaked past a cautious @Shooter80 in the first couple of corners.
The Lexus was rather good down the back straight, but I was struggling a little with the corner leading on to it, so it was not easy to gain the speed advantage, unless I was right on the back bumper of the car ahead going into the double right hander, but I don't like being that close to someone else, so was not so easy for me, but any time I lost in the final section, would be gained back up following in someone's draft.

I had @Martin Schumacher behind me, but although I probably scared him multiple times with how early I brake, he did an awesome job in not running into the back of me! (nice one!)
I think we spent most of the race together, and He was clearly a little bit quicker than I was, but he seamed to be happy to sit behind me (probably waiting for the impending mistake to happen, but it never did...)
We managed to catch up with the battle for P2 towards the end of the race, and it was a great battle.
Some of the guys ahead had little issues, and I was able to get up to P3, and Shumey followed me (in fact a rather close drag race out the last corner on the final lap after a bad exit) all the way to the end into P4.

Probably the best race I've managed in the Lexus in the dry, and really enjoyed it!

Thanks all for signing up and taking part in this 1st ACC GT3 season!
Hope to bring you guys another season soon!

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Q: P6 uneventfull as always, got a rather decent lap in and happy with P6 as my one- lap pace is always bad and will probably never improve...
R: P18 (!?)
I managed to sneak passed two cars around the outside of T1 and from there on just WOW. I had a little incident with a blue audi, think it was J. Absmeier as he tried to squeeze me into the 3rd sector. Defended my position somehow on the edge of fair racing. (Minute 41 in Stream). After there was some kind of an incident behind I had a bit of room and was able to catch @JKay14 and @Marlon Andrade . We had a great half hour battle with very respectful driving and really good racing. Probably one of the best racing experiences I had for a long time. As @AndrexUK and @Martin Schumacher cought us in the end the battle got intense.
Unfortunately 3 mins to the end I realized that I miss out by 1,5l fuel once again... Something has to be wrong with the shown fuel usage in the display, or my math is simply bad...
Nevertheless a great battle with no contact at all throughout nearly the whole race.
Heads up to everybody involved. Good job!

Marlon Andrade

Pro Karter
Jul 15, 2019
Wow, what a race, I really don't like this track, but manage to get a really good P2 on qualy and had one of the best racing experience with an awesome 30+ min fighting for P2 with @JKay14 and @seppel165 - thanks a lot for that clean driving and great racing, hope we can fight again like that in the future =)

As @AndrexUK mentioned himself, I also struggled a lot on the corner preparing for the back straight, also I've set up the Lexus with lots of downforce (7 on the rear!) to try to gain on sectors 1 and 3 so it was really hard to overtake or hold position on the backstraight.

It was really nice to rewatch the race from your point of view @seppel165, and too bad what happened to you =(

Even though I was fighting for P2 the whole race I got really happy with a P5 after making some mistakes on the last 10 minutes, it was a great race to end this test season!

Thanks a lot again all the coordinators and everyone else on 'backstage' for the work you put into this and also all the drivers that made T2 super fair, fun and challenging.
Hope to get back on the track for some more races with you guys soon =)

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Well that was a disaster (again). Got hit twice on lap 1 before the long straight, first by overly optimistic @Alireza d1 in turn 1 and then @Def few turns later while trying to avoid the chaos ahead of me. Got enough damage to destroy my cars handling. Off to a wall few laps later and a lap down after pitting.

Had the pace for a top 10 finish but instead got to drive alone for the whole race. :mad:

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
not sure what you expect me to do mate... @dakuza

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
not sure what you expect me to do mate... @dakuza

Not blaming you for the hit, there was nothing you could have done. Sorry if that sounded like an accusation, just stated a fact. Unfortunate for many drivers because of one car totally missing his braking.

Reactions: Def

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Not blaming you for the hit, there was nothing you could have done. Sorry if that sounded like an accusation, just stated a fact. Unfortunate for many drivers because of one car totally missing his braking.
Yeah maybe I read it too quickly too, nothing wrong with stating fact, it's my responsability but as you can see, very little time to react. I don't really know what happened, I think someone hit the Bentley, sent it wide into you... didn't save the replay so not 100%sure

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
well while I'm here might as well do a race report.

Q: 23rd

Again one of my worst quali in simracing. Looking at the table I could've been around 15th, I did 3 laps of practice in total and my best was 56.6. With more laps to "practice" during quali i expected to go even quicker... Was impeded twice, and I couldn't manage to switch the focus on the track to do a quick lap again. Not to mention, I forgot you have to manually change the tires; so my best lap was with tires that were pretty much out of shape.

R: 16th

The formation lap was ok but not the start. Clearly there were some details missing for you guys, and that's on us. We issued out the formation pics quite late, but fact is the accelration zone was between the 1st and 2nd bridge. When reaching the 3rd, people were still going slow. I spotted the leader reaching the end of the zone so I took off, passing @Newy656. As everyone was bunched up i lifted off quite a bit, but still gained a position or two, for me it was fair game but I would understand if you guys think otherwise.
Anyway the start procedure will be edited for next season to have better and more consistent starts for everyone.
My lack of practice showed as when I was up in P14 I think, I got a drive through mid race, and another one 5 mins from the end. I had fun trying to keep up with the top 10 and guys ahead, but i didn't really felt confident with the car, lots of small correction in the slow to mid corners, hitting kerbs in the wrong way, etc. Lack of practice probably. I can't blame anyone but myself for this, a better result was on the cards with all the battles going on, even with average rythm, i could stay in touch, and i kept going faster too, gaining confidence in turn 1 and 2 especially.

Overall not the season I hoped for, considering I worked 6/7 days almost all season as a waiter, I had very little time to practice. So I didn't learn the driving model as much as I would've liked to. Most of the races I did qualify at the back but managed to climb up the ranks thanks to good racecraft, decision making and a wee bit of consistency. So that's the big positive I take from this season.

See you guys on the track soon.