XB1 - AOR AC Season 2 - Round 3 Mugello (22/03/18 - 8pm BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC Season 2 - Round 3 Mugello (22/03/18 - 8pm BST)

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Good game every one!

Too bad I crached on the last lap! :banghead: too bad for me, of course... LOL Managed to get a gap of 8 seconds to @EVR Rapidz, but lost'it on the last lap! Only me to blame!

Everyone filled the tank this time? LOOOOOOL

Rapidz 6

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
Aug 9, 2017
Good game every one!

Too bad I crached on the last lap! :banghead: too bad for me, of course... LOL Managed to get a gap of 8 seconds to @EVR Rapidz, but lost'it on the last lap! Only me to blame!

I span before, meaning you got the gap out. Couldn’t close in enough when I was close to you before my spin. We were pretty equal on pace. Then when you span at the end, your rejoin scared me haha! Good race though bro, you pace was really good till the end :cool:

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Sorry guys it was rage quit after a crash...
This season is really tragic for me
Fight to the end. Even a low top10 finish gives you good points. The season is long. 5 races to go.

Reactions: Rich 1701

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
This was epic from the first to the last lap.

Q: P2
I found a good rythm early on but @Rich 1701 is obviously unbeatable on one lap. Finished the quali just ahead of @Chiraq

R: P1
One of the best virtual racing performances I ever had. After @Chiraq pittet for fuel on lap 1 I started to focus on staying in sight of @Rich 1701 and managed to do a good string of fast laps. Nevertheless whenever I came close it felt like he was able to pull away again. I tried to stay with him at the front being at the limit every corner. At lap 17 finally @Rich 1701 made a bad mistake going into T6 and I got past. Unfortunately driving in front wasn't as easy as following him. Lap times weren't as quick as before but I was able to stay in front and celebrate one of the best victories on AOR.
My stream is already up, so sit back and enjoy.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Well it's fair to say my first race could have gone better. Espacially if I hadn't forgot to put ful in the car for the race. My misery was then compounded by the fact that I massively overfueled the car when I pitted so i spent the whole race with slower pace than I should have had.

Never mind, I'll do better next week on a track I know better

Reactions: seppel165

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
This was epic from the first to the last lap.

Q: P2
I found a good rythm early on but @Rich 1701 is obviously unbeatable on one lap. Finished the quali just ahead of @Chiraq

R: P1
One of the best virtual racing performances I ever had. After @Chiraq pittet for fuel on lap 1 I started to focus on staying in sight of @Rich 1701 and managed to do a good string of fast laps. Nevertheless whenever I came close it felt like he was able to pull away again. I tried to stay with him at the front being at the limit every corner. At lap 17 finally @Rich 1701 made a bad mistake going into T6 and I got past. Unfortunately driving in front wasn't as easy as following him. Lap times weren't as quick as before but I was able to stay in front and celebrate one of the best victories on AOR.
My stream is already up, so sit back and enjoy.
Congrats again Sep well deserved win, you drove well with no mistakes:stig:, just a small lapse in concentration by me under brakes before turn 6, dipped two wheels on the curb or grass not sure which and that meant I lost the back end and had to run onto the gravel or I would have spun:banghead:. I tried to pull a gap but couldn't get the same sort of speed I had in quali, my race fastest lap was 9 tenths off my quali lap where as you and I think Chaos where only 3 or maybe 4 tenths off your quali laps. Not sure if I was carrying too much fuel ( 77 ltrs) or most likely it was the change to the front anti roll bar I made before the end of quali which I tried out but it didn't work and I forgot to change it back before the race to how I had it for my pole lap:banghead::banghead:. Having said all that neither of those things made me make the mistake. I started to catch you back up and on the end of lap 27 I thought I was going to be right on you but pushed to hard and went wide in the last turn which lost me too much momentum on the straight. Anyway really enjoyed the race very intense from start to finish and was actually genuinely happy for you to get the win as I could tell you was buzzing:). Looking forward to next week already

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Just because I don't want to take chances, I filled the tank with 75ltrs, but as we can see in @seppel165 stream, 68ltrs was enough.

@Rich 1701, those 77ltrs might explain why you were not able to match de quali laps.

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Just because I don't want to take chances, I filled the tank with 75ltrs, but as we can see in @seppel165 stream, 68ltrs was enough.

@Rich 1701, those 77ltrs might explain why you were not able to match de quali laps.
Fuel load does not matter that much in AC. Even he had 100l probably, But 9l more doesn't really matter in this game. I had 6l left btw so 62l would have been enough

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018

yeah same here mate but I did think it was just over 2ltrs a lap but like you didn't wanna risk running out lol

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Fuel load does not matter that much in AC. Even he had 100l probably, But 9l more doesn't really matter in this game. I had 6l left btw so 62l would have been enough
No probably not that much since it's only 9 ltrs more than you. But I do find fuel load effects lap time in AC, in practice before the race I tried a couple of different fuel loads and the lap times did vary somewhat but I'm talking 80 ltrs vs 40 ltrs vs 20 ltrs that sort of thing not 77 vs 68 that probably didn't make too much of a difference at all. I think it was just the increase in front anti roll bar, gave me too much understeer in some of the turns, I'm still trying to work out this car to be honest, I find it hard to get a balance I'm happy with, it seems to understeer quite a lot and then snap oversteer. I need some lessons from the current champ;)

Reactions: seppel165

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
To be honest I am not a setup guru. I have my teammate @Chiraq for this sort of work. I'm basically the driver guy not the engineer type of guy.
I always go with what feels good to me indepent from the lap time because I want to be able to push. I need the confidence in the car to really push it. The Porsche is really difficult because, as you said, it is hard to find the balance between bad understeer and the car being too loose on the rear which causes the snap oversteer (for reference see lap 17 Mugello :shame:).
I think it is really hard for newcomers to really push the car to the limit as the limit is very thin and it is easy to overdrive it. Easy to learn but hard to master. In my opinion you have to have track time to understand wath the car is doing. I have the advantage that I had a whole season of Porsche GT3 Cup before.

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Not to mention that it’s the cup car, with only a few adjustments available! For exemple, the porsche 911 gt3 R is way more balanced and have all the adjustments available for the setup gurus ;)

• Agree

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
To be honest I am not a setup guru. I have my teammate @Chiraq for this sort of work. I'm basically the driver guy not the engineer type of guy.
I always go with what feels good to me indepent from the lap time because I want to be able to push. I need the confidence in the car to really push it. The Porsche is really difficult because, as you said, it is hard to find the balance between bad understeer and the car being too loose on the rear which causes the snap oversteer (for reference see lap 17 Mugello :shame:).
I think it is really hard for newcomers to really push the car to the limit as the limit is very thin and it is easy to overdrive it. Easy to learn but hard to master. In my opinion you have to have track time to understand wath the car is doing. I have the advantage that I had a whole season of Porsche GT3 Cup before.
Well said, glad it's not just me that finds it tricky to setup and your spot on it is all about confidence, pushing in quali is the easy bit to push hard because it doesn't matter if you spin as long as you do a banker lap first that is then after that I just go for it but doing that in the race isn't so easy hence lap 17:banghead:lol

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Not to mention that it’s the cup car, with only a few adjustments available! For exemple, the porsche 911 gt3 R is way more balanced and have all the adjustments available for the setup gurus ;)
Yeah your right very limited setup which makes it even trickier to get right:unsure:

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@EVR Rapidz I just saw the video and it only occurs to me to apologize for that return to the track! Glad you could avoid the collision! It was a very violent spun and as I knew I had an 8 second gap I was convinced I had time to return to the race without causing any danger. I clearly did not assess the situation well!

BTW, It was a dramatic start!

Reactions: Rapidz 6

Rapidz 6

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
Aug 9, 2017
@EVR Rapidz I just saw the video and it only occurs to me to apologize for that return to the track! Glad you could avoid the collision! It was a very violent spun and as I knew I had an 8 second gap I was convinced I had time to return to the race without causing any danger. I clearly did not assess the situation well!

BTW, It was a dramatic start!
It’s okay bro. The start was really dramatic

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Good game every one!

I didn't lol.. forgot it because I was busy on twitter.
Had a nice fight in the last lap with @EVR Burnout , at least some action, the race was so boring.