XB1 - AOR AC Season 2 - Round 4 Barcelona (29/03/18 - 8pm BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC Season 2 - Round 4 Barcelona (29/03/18 - 8pm BST)

Which variant you like to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
This was a very difficult one for me as I couldn't find any rythm troughout the race.

In Quali I couldn't get a lap together and in the race I spun 3 times.

Congrats to my teammate @Chiraq for a well deserved win and taking the championship lead. On to the next one. Nordschleife! :love::love::love:

BTW: another no show? @John Coughlan be careful not to get blacklisted on AOR. Just message me if you are not able to race

@AVERAGE SHARPIE what happened? Why didn't you show up?

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
The first thought I had at the start of the race was that there were 17 players registered and only appeared 11 in event. Hope everything is allright with everyone!

Regarding the race, when I saw the lap times in the training session and in the qualifying session, I thought: today I'm last!

I immediately decided that I had to invest more in consistency and ignore the lap times.

I think the strategy made up for it, since even though it was slower, I did not make any significant mistakes, and I ended up taking advantage of the successive mistakes of the cars ahead.

Too bad I suffered right side damage early in the race, which forced me to change the driving style and eventually determined some minor mistakes. Anyway, I was very happy with the sixth place!

already worried about Nordschleife ... glad we got two weeks of preparation!

BTW, @seppel165 in Assetto Corsa the nurburgring nordschleife combined is the nordschleife - endurance cup?

Last edited:

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
already worried about Nordschleife ... glad we got two weeks of preparation!

BTW, @seppel165 in Assetto Corsa the nurburgring nordschleife combined is the nordschleife - endurance cup?
Will have a closer look asap

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Good race last night managed to stay close to Chiraq for most of the race until about lap 25 or 26 and then the tyres had pretty much gone nearly lost it under breaks so backed off after that, didn't wanna lose second, I seemed to have more pace at points in the track but not enough to get close enough to make a move with our pace been so similar I was just waiting for him to make a mistake which he didn't, so good drive Chiraq(y). Not sure why I can't get off the line very well it was the same at Mugello last week but I was lucky to hold on to the lead there but I just got swallowed up by 3 or maybe 4 cars this time but someone spun in front of me so regained second , now either I'm the only person using a manual clutch or I just can't launch the car:unsure:. So really the race was lost there, I feel if I'd had the lead I maybe could have won with the pace I had and with it been quite hard to overtake at Barcelona, well unless I got nervous and spun which is quite likely especially if Chiraq had been following me as close as I was him for most of the race he had nerves of steel lol. Anyway well done to Chiraq and Chaos for his 3rd place and hope everyone else enjoyed the race. Nurbugring next race :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Chiraq

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
This was a very difficult one for me as I couldn't find any rythm troughout the race.

In Quali I couldn't get a lap together and in the race I spun 3 times.

Congrats to my teammate @Chiraq for a well deserved win and taking the championship lead. On to the next one. Nordschleife! :love::love::love:

BTW: another no show? @John Coughlan be careful not to get blacklisted on AOR. Just message me if you are not able to race

@AVERAGE SHARPIE what happened? Why didn't you show up?
Yeah I was wondering what happened to you, when I saw you moved up to 3rd and seemed to be gaining on me I thought here we go again so I put the hammer down to try and get away from you lol but then you vanished, anyway theres always next time at the Nurburgring, that will be intense if its as close as usual:sick:

Reactions: seppel165

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Just like to say I've really enjoyed all 3 races I've done so far in this league, all have been exciting in different ways, Brands because I made so many mistakes which lead to some really good battles through out the field ( apart from the 2 incidents that went to the stewards that is sorry about that) Mugello because of the epic battle with Seppel and again at Barcelona but this time with Chiraq only he didn't buckle under the pressure like I did lol. Looking forward to many more good races to come with you all :)

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Aaargh. Still fuming over what happened last night. I was just starting to catch Chaos for P3 with 10 laps to go when I lost it in turn 9. I lost two places and with it went all rear tyre performance. A fursther spin meant that I finished P7 when I could have had a podium...

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Aaargh. Still fuming over what happened last night. I was just starting to catch Chaos for P3 with 10 laps to go when I lost it in turn 9. I lost two places and with it went all rear tyre performance. A fursther spin meant that I finished P7 when I could have had a podium...
This League is so close on pace that you can't afford to do any mistakes.
It is a real step forward compared to S1.
Let us see who is able to do no mistakes at the Nordschleife...

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
This League is so close on pace that you can't afford to do any mistakes.
It is a real step forward compared to S1.
Let us see who is able to do no mistakes at the Nordschleife...
100 % Mate really pleased how close the field is on pace we have a good bunch of drivers in this league(y), I suppose the close racing is helped by us all been in the same car and with not many setup options it takes away any advantage that setup gurus may have to some extent. Even though I'm yet to win a race in AC I'm definitely enjoying it more than Pcars 2 on a Wednesday even though I'm currently leading that championship

• Agree
Reactions: George and Chiraq

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
100 % Mate really pleased how close the field is on pace we have a good bunch of drivers in this league(y), I suppose the close racing is helped by us all been in the same car and with not many setup options it takes away any advantage that setup gurus may have to some extent. Even though I'm yet to win a race in AC I'm definitely enjoying it more than Pcars 2 on a Wednesday even though I'm currently leading that championship
Pcars 2 last season was a good experience in some races, but I can’t remember I had so much fun chasing cars there like here on AC. Of course the car with it‘s setup limitations helps a lot to keep the field closer, but of course can hinder some drivers getting the maximum out of it. It’s not an easy car to drive but once you found out how it works even the stock setup feels nice and you can get within 2-3 tenths of your time you did with a setup.
It’s always a pleasure to see how close the field is in practice and that it gets closer in qualifying and in the race, the pace doesn’t differ a lot as well.
I enjoy this league the most from all the leagues I’ve driven before, I am always looking forward to Thursday now and making sure nothing comes in between.

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Q2 R1

Qualifying was okay, I didn't have much track time before so I can be happy with P2.

The start to the race was good, @Rich 1701 had a slower start and I've seen from @EVR Burnout footage that he had an even better start than me, and nearly overtook me out of T2, but he spun off. I didn't notice that at all, because I was focusing on my own race.
Immense pressure from @Rich 1701. At the beginning I felt quicker, I pulled a gap, but then he closed up but I could keep him away for a long time. After a while we found out where he was faster and where I was faster, so it was crucial to get these corners right and really nail the ones I am quicker. I've done that and it made him destroy his tyres a lot more than I did mine. He made a mistake at the end which gave me some breathing space.
That was quite and intense race and I am happy I haven't done a single major mistake.
That proves that practicing a track is not everything. You have to be familiar with the car, the rest will come itself.

Good race guys, looking forward to the Schleife

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Q2 R1

Qualifying was okay, I didn't have much track time before so I can be happy with P2.

The start to the race was good, @Rich 1701 had a slower start and I've seen from @EVR Burnout footage that he had an even better start than me, and nearly overtook me out of T2, but he spun off. I didn't notice that at all, because I was focusing on my own race.
Immense pressure from @Rich 1701. At the beginning I felt quicker, I pulled a gap, but then he closed up but I could keep him away for a long time. After a while we found out where he was faster and where I was faster, so it was crucial to get these corners right and really nail the ones I am quicker. I've done that and it made him destroy his tyres a lot more than I did mine. He made a mistake at the end which gave me some breathing space.
That was quite and intense race and I am happy I haven't done a single major mistake.
That proves that practicing a track is not everything. You have to be familiar with the car, the rest will come itself.

Good race guys, looking forward to the Schleife
Yeah agree mate it was very close even if I'd got close enough to try a move it would have been difficult to do it cleanly because I lost time to you on the straights even in the slip stream ( probably had more rear downforce ??) and with you fighting for the championship I wouldn't have wanted to risk hitting you anyway and spoiling a good race ( Sorry again P4thos:shy:) so I was relying on you making a mistake which you didn't so good job once again(y). I didn't realize tyre wear was something to think about in AC glad to see it is as it would be in real life:), I haven't raced much online in AC only the 3 races I've done this season so definitely still alot to learn and work on for future races to balance speed vs tyre wear:unsure:

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
As for the Porsche Tyre wear is not a big deal on most of the tracks. Catalunya though is a track where tyre wear always comes into affect for some reason. Me and @George had very hot rear tires (mine over 90°) which caused some odd spinning.
Normally the hard slicks on the POrsche are very durable and I haven't had any problems this season except Catalunya.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
As for the Porsche Tyre wear is not a big deal on most of the tracks. Catalunya though is a track where tyre wear always comes into affect for some reason. Me and @George had very hot rear tires (mine over 90°) which caused some odd spinning.
Normally the hard slicks on the POrsche are very durable and I haven't had any problems this season except Catalunya.
Mine were oscilating between 85 and 87°C pretty much the whole race. It think that the cause of the tyre problems was a combination of both the charateristics of the track and the temperature of the track itself.

There shouldn't be that sort of issue for next week at the nurburgring as the conditions will be cooler

• Agree

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Ah ok so could be just that track is worse than others then although now I think about it Mugello they were quite worn also but nothing too bad because the lap times didn't slow down quite so dramatically as they did hear cause like I said earlier I would have spun if i'd kept pushing for the last few laps , my tyres didn't overheat that much, they just wore down alot particularly rear left was very nearly in the red by the end, I did some donuts after the race and it didn't take many for the tyre gauge to turn black on the left rear lol

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I nearly forgot to upload my stream.
It is basically an example for "how not to..."

Reactions: Chiraq and p4thos

John Coughlan

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 22, 2017
Super sorry ive been missing successive races was not my intention at all. Went to visit my parents abroad for easter only to realise once id got there that id left my monitor back at my flat in the u.k. Fully intend to be racing again after i return home around the 20th.

• Informative

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@seppel165 counted 3 spuns, at Lap 9, lap 20 and lap 27. In all of them I feel It was bad luck, since you were not pushing the car too hard. I haven't spun a single time, and still ended way behind you... That say plenty about your pace ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Chiraq