XB1 - AOR AC Season 2 - Round 5 Nürburgring Nordschleife combined (RE-RUN 19/04/18 - 8pm BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC Season 2 - Round 5 Nürburgring Nordschleife combined (RE-RUN 19/04/18 - 8pm BST)

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa - Season 2
ROUND 5 - Nordschleife endurance Cup

Event Information:
Date: 19/04/18 Re- RUN
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Practice: 30 minutes (not mandatory)
- Qualifying: 30 minutes
- Setup: 2minutes (after qualifying timer hits 0:00)
- Race: 7 Laps

● Conditions
Weather: light fog
Time: 12:00
Temp: 13°C
Grip: Fast

Lobby Name: AOR S2 Porsche Cup
Lobby Password: apexnur

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulationsof the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here

● Replay:
As there is currently no option to save your replay after an online race, and if you are not streaming or using a capture card, it is advised to have your Xbox set-up to enable voice commands and have DVR set to record 5mins. This way you can simply say "Xbox, Record that" or "Hey Cortana, Record that" instead of having to pause the game and lose valuable time. This will mean you have the needed footage to make a stewards enquiry.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
zuschauerzonen-nordschleife-No0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: David Lopes

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
@seppel165 have you checked the exact name of the next track in assetto corsa?
It is the Endurance Cup Version. Basically the VLN- Version with the shortcut after the Mercedes- Arena (Conti- Spange) and the fast chicane before heading onto the Nordschleife.

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@seppel165 thks for the confirmation!

BTW, with all due respect and without wanting to be misinterpreted, I wonder if 20 minutes of qualifying will be appropriate. What I mean is that, basically, drivers will only have the chance to make a single hotlap. For example, 30 minutes would enable a second hotlap and in some cases the only hotlap for those who have the misfortune of the first one does not run well (which can even happen due to the game's own fault in identifying a track cut).

Anyway, it's just a suggestion (that may well be wrong), and I have no doubt you have already considered that. I will respect if the established 20 minutes remain.

Last edited:

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016

BTW, with all due respect and without wanting to be misinterpreted, I wonder if 20 minutes of qualifying will be appropriate. What I mean is that, basically, drivers will only have the chance to make a single hotlap. For example, 30 minutes would enable a second hotlap and in some cases the only hotlap for those who have the misfortune of the first one does not run well (which can even happen due to the game's own fault in identifying a track cut).

Anyway, it's just a suggestion (that may well be wrong), and I have no doubt you have already considered that. I will respect if the established 20 minutes remain.
No worries mate. As you experienced in the last race I put out a poll to the track layout, so it basically is an interactive, community based league. I am free and open for any suggestions from your site. One of the good thing in our AC league is, that we are independent from any other platform so that I'm able to change the circumstances based on your feedback. This will probably change for S3 as I'm in planing for a simoultanious PS4 league. As long as we are "alone" I can easily change what the majority wants.
I have no problem extending the qualifying but even with 30 minutes there will be some without a time. But I forgot that you have to have your lap finished before the end of qualifying so let us extend if anybody disagrees.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018

No worries mate. As you experienced in the last race I put out a poll to the track layout, so it basically is an interactive, community based league. I am free and open for any suggestions from your site. One of the good thing in our AC league is, that we are independent from any other platform so that I'm able to change the circumstances based on your feedback. This will probably change for S3 as I'm in planing for a simoultanious PS4 league. As long as we are "alone" I can easily change what the majority wants.
I have no problem extending the qualifying but even with 30 minutes there will be some without a time. But I forgot that you have to have your lap finished before the end of qualifying so let us extend if anybody disagrees.
Like P4thos said 20 minutes will only give you one go at it so maybe another 10 or 15 minutes on top? assuming an out lap is 8 plus minutes and a flying lap is around the same to have 2 goes at it 35 minutes sounds about right to have 2 goes at it and gives time for refueling etc but just a suggestion, I fine with what ever is decided ,see what everyone else thinks if it is just 20 minutes then it adds abit of pressure to get it right:nailbiting:

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Like P4thos said 20 minutes will only give you one go at it so maybe another 10 or 15 minutes on top? assuming an out lap is 8 plus minutes and a flying lap is around the same to have 2 goes at it 35 minutes sounds about right to have 2 goes at it and gives time for refueling etc but just a suggestion, I fine with what ever is decided ,see what everyone else thinks if it is just 20 minutes then it adds abit of pressure to get it right:nailbiting:
As I said, even if we put out 1hour qualifying there will be some eaten by the Nordschleife... :blackeye:

Let us put it up to 30min. Outlap + banker lap + the possible hunt for Pole = approx. 26 minutes. So you have about 4 minutes for preparation and smoking and the walk to the toilet...

At this track qualifying doesn't matter that much in my opinion, because you have to stay on the grey stuff for 7 laps, which will be the most important thing anyways.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
As I said, even if we put out 1hour qualifying there will be some eaten by the Nordschleife... :blackeye:

smoking and the walk to the toilet...
lol you know me so well:lol:..... Yeah 30 mins sounds good, we spoke about that the other night and agree with you bud(y)

Reactions: seppel165

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
What laptimes are you guys doing? 98% grip is scary.

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Grip will improve over the course of practice.
I haven't done a lap yet but will do tonight.
I saw some laps on youtube with about 8.07's, but I think if you can beat a 8.20 it will be very good. Not sure tho as long as I haven't done a lap.

Reactions: Rich 1701

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Grip will improve over the course of practice.
I haven't done a lap yet but will do tonight.
I saw some laps on youtube with about 8.07's, but I think if you can beat a 8.20 it will be very good. Not sure tho as long as I haven't done a lap.
Beat the 8:20? I don’t know. If I look at my lap and subtract the time lost by mistakes and the less grip, I think maybe a 8:21? But below I don’t think so you would need to show me

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Beat the 8:20? I don’t know. If I look at my lap and subtract the time lost by mistakes and the less grip, I think maybe a 8:21? But below I don’t think so you would need to show me
Only a guess, as I said. Will have a try tonight.

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
8:21.3 on race fuel and 97% grip.
With full grip and low fuel there is potential for an 8:15 I think.
Nevertheless I needed a lot of tries to finish a lap without making a mistake.
To keep it away from the barriers will be crucial again...

Reactions: Chiraq

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
8:21.3 on race fuel and 97% grip.
With full grip and low fuel there is potential for an 8:15 I think.
Nevertheless I needed a lot of tries to finish a lap without making a mistake.
To keep it away from the barriers will be crucial again...
You look the man to beat, I won’t be fully fit on Thursday, but with a bit of luck everything is possible in this league.

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Wait for the others. There are a lot of guys being very quick so far. And the Nordschleife is a thing of its own.

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Wait for the others. There are a lot of guys being very quick so far. And the Nordschleife is a thing of its own.
You work there. It’s your living room. Stop being so modest :p

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I rarely do well here, but I am desperate for a good result. 10 wins at Mugello can't match one win at the Nordschleife!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Chiraq

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I've been training regularly, because all the tracks are new to me (LOL yes, I'm that noob), so you can imagine the panic I've felt about the Nordschleife! Only Monday I was able to memorize all the turns and, from time to time, I still have lapses of memory ... o_O

Anyway, the best I've achieved so far was 8:28 (default setup), with room to improve some errors, but if it's not easy to maintain consistency for 8 minutes, image the concentration effort it will take to be consistent for an entire hour! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

From the point of view of being as fast as possible, on all Nordschleife turns (and there are so many!) I believe there is always way to improve the approach and squeeze even more performance (car an lap time wise). But is it really worth it to drive an entire hour with maximum or near maximum risk??? :unsure:

Honestly, I do not think it's worth the risk. A small mistake, in the fastest parts, can mean losing 5 or even 10 seconds, which will cause us to want to risk even more ... Then it's a snowball that turns into a avalanche... BTW, I really don't take youtube videos too serious, not only because temps, grips and setups can explain some lap times and driving styles, but specially because we all can imagine the ammout of retrys those guys make before recording a perfect lap.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll play it safe :cool::cool::cool:

You work there. It’s your living room. Stop being so modest :p
@seppel165 busted! :lol:

Last edited:

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Play it safe is probably a good idea. Nevertheless the Nordschleife is a beast. You have to make the track love you. If you don't treat it with respect the track will eat you with skin and hair.
I hope The Nordschleife is on good mood on thursday...

BTW: Everybody who finishes the race will get a cap send from the new 2018 Nürburgring collection! Stay strong, be a man and finish the race guys!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Chiraq and p4thos