XB1 - AOR AC TT CUP S4 - Round 1 - Silverstone - 29.11.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC TT CUP S4 - Round 1 - Silverstone - 29.11.18 @8PM UK time

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Everybody else made it mate. No alerts for anybody as I tried to put up the splits asap

dECEIT70

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
(WTF... I was there in a lobby with others who disconnected then ... I'm alone!)

Okay! Explanation time: there was multiple lobbies called AOR R2S1, aor lobby 2, etc. active. When I tried to connect I was visibly in the wrong lobby, then was invited in the correct one by a friend, then was ruled out because the race had presumably begun...

In the end, I got to race (kewl!) but stressed as I was I forgot to load my settings - stock car with 30 liters of fuel = not good at all! (I'm a muppet I know!)

For race 2 (since it worked pretty fine all things considered!) could you just announce the names of the lobbies you'll create in advance AND set 2 different passwords so that there will be no doubt when we'll join? Simple and efficient, innit?

ie: AOR S4 R1L1 and AOR S4 R1L2 - same password apexsil for the two of them. Then AOR S4 R2L1 and AOR S4 R2L2 - apixsel...
No mistaking the 4 of them and the different passwords as a safeguard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
length of the race is good as it allows both hards and mediums to have a strategy on tyres. i do agree that length of the races can be a bit long but the racing is close. both races are about 35/40 minutes long so putting it down to maybe 30 max would be good.

Hope split 2 was a good race?

Ron

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 29, 2018
Split 2 had good racing to. I pers woudn t mind if the split stays the same after race one, and race 2 reverse grid

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
So I decided to buy the car pack 5 minutes before qualifying and Gold at 9:05pm... LOL
Drove a couple of laps to see what was awaiting me... understeer
No qualifying for me -> last place second lobby
Start was okay... ooopsss... not enough fuel -> pits... press fill tank -> 100 liters so reduce it to 45 and GO GO GO...
Just drove around on medium tyres, overheating fronts and poor car handling... only a 10.3 I think it was really frustrating not to be on pace. Mid race I heard something about push to pass I thought it was a joke until @p4thos I think told me that these cars have push to pass... LOL so I thought ok next race I will bind it...
ANDDDD I FORGOT TO... At least I had fuel. Started P5 on the hard tyres and I felt the grip for the first time, put a lot of pressure on CELLPRT who struggled in the corners but got away on the straights and after I overtook him I burned a 09.3 into the tarmac without P2P. I was really happy with that because it showed that there was some pace in my car. Got greedy made a couple mistakes but for me davealex was too far ahead around 8-10 seconds. But his TT got bigger and in the penultimate lap I overtook him and led the last lap finishing 1st in the 2nd race. Can’t complain. I am looking forward to the next race hopefully with some practice under my belt.

The organization will be discussed tomorrow. Good night

Last edited: