PC - AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Discussion

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Oh didnt noticed the xmas day..but I guess there will be some xmas break like 14 days or so :)
But the night session will be the same as it was in S3. So the start of practice will be at 7:25, and at 8PM UK time the qualy begins

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
@Noztra will sign-ups go open for reserves?

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
Kunos have announced a release date of 20th December for the Bonus Pack 3 which should include the Laguna Seca Track. The current one really overloads my processor so fingers crossed it don't come out the hat in the next 2 races :D

Rasmus Augustsson

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2017
i'd just like to say that since i joined in september i have loved it here the races the Community Everything just thank you to the coordinators for making this happen <3

• Friendly
Reactions: Noztra

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Kunos have announced a release date of 20th December for the Bonus Pack 3 which should include the Laguna Seca Track. The current one really overloads my processor so fingers crossed it don't come out the hat in the next 2 races :D
Would not count on that because of two things:
1. There was an event at Monza where people could try the new cars of the free DLC but not Laguna. So it isn't finished until now.
2. In that announcement they talked only about the cars, no word about Laguna. So this leaves me with the impression that the track will be maybe not finished before Christmas...

Other thing, why is a track overloading your cpu? Did you do tests with the AI?

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
Would not count on that because of two things:
1. There was an event at Monza where people could try the new cars of the free DLC but not Laguna. So it isn't finished until now.
2. In that announcement they talked only about the cars, no word about Laguna. So this leaves me with the impression that the track will be maybe not finished before Christmas...

Other thing, why is a track overloading your cpu? Did you do tests with the AI?

Yeah I am aware of Kunos track record while being a long suffering console Assetto fan so hence I only indicated that it should be included but cannot see anything certain on the official forum.
Normally I can race about 24 to 26 AI on most tracks without overloading the CPU but on Laguna Seca I can only do about 18 which is a big drop off

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Yeah I am aware of Kunos track record while being a long suffering console Assetto fan so hence I only indicated that it should be included but cannot see anything certain on the official forum.
Normally I can race about 24 to 26 AI on most tracks without overloading the CPU but on Laguna Seca I can only do about 18 which is a big drop off
The plan was to race Laguna Seca as one of the last tracks in season 4, so Kunos could release their version.

• Informative
Reactions: D. Goelz

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AI testing doesn't really matter, because your CPU doesn't need to calculate the other cars physics in a online race, whereas in a single player race the CPU needs to do this work.
Problem with online races are more the graphical resources needed to display all the cars.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
AI testing doesn't really matter, because your CPU doesn't need to calculate the other cars physics in a online race, whereas in a single player race the CPU needs to do this work.
Problem with online races are more the graphical resources needed to display all the cars.
Next track gonna be an oval, with 16 sec lap times. :)

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. (y)
The way I am thinking is that if I can only run 18 AI at Laguna Seca then the CPU is using a lot of muscle handling the track and car graphics/physics so that got me thinking that online with 30+ drivers would be making my CPU do dive bombs :D
I am looking forward to trying out the Kunos version of the track and just hope it is not so fekin bumpy :p

• Agree
Reactions: D. Goelz