PC - AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Race 1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Race 1

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
@DANGEROUS GIANETTA hi mate could you give some feedback about my performance on the last few laps of race2?as we had a little contact i need to know if i did something wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Noztra

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Yeah but that's the point. I put in 32 litres and it said it was enough for 19 laps.
This happens for some m8.
Fuel calc is based from your practice pace and let say you haven't driven the track before whereby your driving will change the more comfortable you get. Also take into count that in race you are probably pushing more, maybe your were spinning your fronts more than under practice, this will also result in heavier tire wear, all this affects fuel consumption and can make a huge difference during a race distance.
If you would to compare your steering, brake and throttle progress from practice vs. race you will probably find a difference in general driving style. :)

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
We really need to do something about the bad ping of some drivers. In my case it was unbearable to fight against @NusPojava because his car was jumping around, moving left right, moving to the front and back all the time...

Imo, players with such a bad ping must leave the server as it creates dangerous situations a lot and is really aweful to drive against... I would never say that the Project Cars leagues are better :)D) but at least you need to post a speed test when signing up and when your connection is too bad you are not allowed to race...
;)
Speed test makes no difference as the main problem arises if someone else in your family is using the connection or sometimes wifi can be a bit dodgy too. Looking at the replay there were only 2 drivers that I could see lagging badly. I was taken out in the first race by a lagging car as I mentioned earlier. I imagine the server is somewhere in northern Europe? Perhaps a server more central would help, Southern Germany, Nothern France, London, but the drivers with bad connection should be asked to leave the server as it is impossible to know what their car will do.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
We really need to do something about the bad ping of some drivers. In my case it was unbearable to fight against @NusPojava because his car was jumping around, moving left right, moving to the front and back all the time...
Yh in race 1 I am pretty sure it was him who was jumping around all of the place for me, I made contact with him multiple times because his car would go from being 50m in front to suddenly being almost stopped on the apex, luckily I don't think I got any damage and we managed to both not crash completely, but it made it impossible to pass pretty much as I would get close then his car would jump forward and I was too scared to try a dive as I could go up the inside then his car jump forward a bit and then I am T-Boning him.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
if a car Is lagging, then it is a problem of the driver's connection and not server. This applies to most o the games.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Speed test makes no difference as the main problem arises if someone else in your family is using the connection or sometimes wifi can be a bit dodgy too. Looking at the replay there were only 2 drivers that I could see lagging badly. I was taken out in the first race by a lagging car as I mentioned earlier. I imagine the server is somewhere in northern Europe? Perhaps a server more central would help, Southern Germany, Nothern France, London, but the drivers with bad connection should be asked to leave the server as it is impossible to know what their car will do.
The server is already located in Germany. :)

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
if a car Is lagging, then it is a problem of the driver's connection and not server. This applies to most o the games.
I'm sorry mate, but I think you are wrong. On any other game I have around 80-90ms (which is high, but still playable, without any lag spikes). On other servers on AC I have around 120ms tops, nothing more.

Just on this server, the ping goes above 200ms for some reason. Another way I know it's more on the server side than the drivers side. When I first joined the server for practice, when there were fewer drivers, my ping was around 80ms, standard for me. As the server was filled with more drivers it became more and more laggy. I think whoever is managing the server needs to have a look into this. IMO this server in particular cannot handle more than 25 cars online at the same time, but that's just me.

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2015
Agreed that it's an issue. My ping can sometimes rocket to the dizzy heights of 500+, but it soon settles after 10-15 seconds. This is typically when I join the grid for the reverse race. I think there are several factors to it being too high.

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2015
IMO this server in particular cannot handle more than 25 cars online at the same time, but that's just me.
Last season was fine with 30+ cars on grid. There were a couple of ping issues, but there always will be over the course of a season.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom Bridle

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
@DANGEROUS GIANETTA hi mate could you give some feedback about my performance on the last few laps pf race2?as we had a little contact i need to know if i did something wrong
no no, you were ok good drive mate.(y)you are really one of the fairest drivers.i can say easily
you can get gain if you use early brake.as i saw you many times you went near to outside of track.and i was thinking about your reactions when you attemp to apex or turns exits.so important for me for my attack against your car lines.and one more thing,i never attack you from your outside for next races.(y)
thanks.

Last edited:

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
So my race report. :)

Qualify:
I really suck at this new format (Stupid idea, Noz!) so I was 1 sec slower than in practice and was 1.7 sec slower than P1, which meant I started P20/P21 or something, I am not happy with. :/

Race 1:

Not much to say. Got a decent start and avoided some crashing cars. After the first couple op laps i was up to P16/P17 when @Mattia Silva made a divebomb/brake mistake into the left hander right before the back straight. That turned my car around and was facing the wrong direction and couldn't move for 10 sec. After that I was P32, but managed to salvage the race and finished P21 after other people ran into some problems. @Mattia Silva I know it wasn't on purpose or anything, but remember if you are involved in a accident where its clearly your fault, you need to wait for the affected driver. :)

Race 2:
Epic race and can only go downhill from here! Started P10 or close, but somehow managed to avoid the crashes in the start of the race and after lap 1 I was P3 right after @TheIceberg and @Flavus Periculum. @Keith Camilleri hunted me down and passed me and we had some great battles in the next couple of laps. Then future half of famer @Hampus Soderberg also caught and didn't put up much of a fight, because I didn't wanted to loose to much time down to @santsuke99 and @Tom Bridle who where also closing fast. I saved 4x P2P for the last two laps and managed to take P3 after @Flavus Periculum ran out of fuel, with only 0.200 down to @santsuke99 and @Tom Bridle.

So only took me four seasons to get my first podium, which I am really happy about. :) But again if @Meekstaaa can win a race, why shouldn't I be able to. :p

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'm sorry mate, but I think you are wrong. On any other game I have around 80-90ms (which is high, but still playable, without any lag spikes). On other servers on AC I have around 120ms tops, nothing more.

Just on this server, the ping goes above 200ms for some reason. Another way I know it's more on the server side than the drivers side. When I first joined the server for practice, when there were fewer drivers, my ping was around 80ms, standard for me. As the server was filled with more drivers it became more and more laggy. I think whoever is managing the server needs to have a look into this. IMO this server in particular cannot handle more than 25 cars online at the same time, but that's just me.
True, but still, we have run this server from Season 1 and if some drivers had some problems, it was always on the side of the driver and not the server.
This server can run 38 cars no problem. If it can't, then everybody will have problems.
If everybody is experiencing problems with ping, that is the server. If it is 1 or 2 drivers, it is the drivers problem.

Last season I spent quite a time with Martin Voss and trying to solve his problems with reverse gird. He was always disconnected just before lights went out in Race 2. We have tried everything, but it was some unknown problem on his side of things, that we couldn't understand or find. He had to quit the league sadly. Before, that testing, we heard that "it is the server problem" aswell.

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
no no, you were ok good drive mate.(y)you are really one of the fairest drivers.i can say easily
you can get gain if you use early brake.as i saw you many times you went near to outside of track.and i was thinking about your reactions when you attemp to apex or turns exits.so important for me for my attack against your car lines.and one more thing,i never attack you from your outside for next races.(y)
thanks.
yeah sometimes i was a little late on braking, thanks mate i´ll keep that in mind (y)

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
True, but still, we have run this server from Season 1 and if some drivers had some problems, it was always on the side of the driver and not the server.
This server can run 38 cars no problem. If it can't, then everybody will have problems.
If everybody is experiencing problems with ping, that is the server. If it is 1 or 2 drivers, it is the drivers problem.

Last season I spent quite a time with Martin Voss and trying to solve his problems with reverse gird. He was always disconnected just before lights went out in Race 2. We have tried everything, but it was some unknown problem on his side of things, that we couldn't understand or find. He had to quit the league sadly. Before, that testing, we heard that "it is the server problem" aswell.
IMO, these 2-3 people who had bad connection yesterday (and also in earlier races) could start with doing a ping test to a german server and see where that's at, if that is very bad, then it's obvious that it's their connection that is bad, something they'd need to fix to be able to continue. I don't hope for people to be forced to leave but not really a good option to race with bad connection either.

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
Here is my speedtest to a German server. The ping is around 80ms, just like when I first join the server. But, as I stated, the more players join in, the worse it gets. Yesterday was abnormally high, with numbers around 200ms. To add, even @Noztra said, the number of people having issues is way higher than usual, so it might be a good idea to check the server. Just because it's been ran since Season 1, it does not mean it cannot get buggy or weak at times.
It's easier to put the blame on an individual who is facing problems, rather than taking measures to help and find a solution. If more of the population racing this season wants players with bad connection out, no argument, I will say it for me, I'm out. Don't want to cause problems to others.

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6812624126

Reactions: Hampus Soderberg

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Here is my speedtest to a German server. The ping is around 80ms, just like when I first join the server. But, as I stated, the more players join in, the worse it gets. Yesterday was abnormally high, with numbers around 200ms. To add, even @Noztra said, the number of people having issues is way higher than usual, so it might be a good idea to check the server. Just because it's been ran since Season 1, it does not mean it cannot get buggy or weak at times.
It's easier to put the blame on an individual who is facing problems, rather than taking measures to help and find a solution. If more of the population racing this season wants players with bad connection out, no argument, I will say it for me, I'm out. Don't want to cause problems to others.

I already wrote to the company hosting the server. :)

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

Certainly shows that it's not as simple as you having bad connection.

Issue is still that for most people, connection isn't really an issue, around 100 ping is not ideal but didn't really find it a problem when racing, just seems like that for you and a few others, it just gets too bad unfortunately. Hopefully a fix can be found so we can all keep on racing.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
As @Hampus Soderberg says, if oyu have ping lets say around 50ms and it jupms (oscilates) between 30 and 80ms (just an example) it is unstable and it is much much worse than having 150ms+-5ms but stable

We will see, as @Noztra wrote to guys running the server, if there is something we can do.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Seems like they found an error on the server.

“Hello Morten,

I see the following value in your configuration:
CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ=30

As you may know, we're the official hosting provider of Assetto Corsa, and as such, we did multiplayer testings with them to improve the code of the Assetto Corsa servers. During those tests (with 40 players in total) we found out that (with the hardware specifications that our servers have) the CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL has to be somewhere within 15 to 20 if you want a playable experience. That's also how we deliver the servers when you buy them.

Please change that value to 20 and test again. If it doesnt work, try 18 or 15 aswell to see if it makes a difference.

Regards
Kevin M”