PC - AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Round 5 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Round 5

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Quali: Just super annoying, could do consistently fast laps in practise but FPS went mad in quali and just caught me out so was general bad driving and 2 offs... so just a lot of time lost, good that I was still towards the front, but super annoying in general, worst track to have it as well.

Race 1: As I expected, almost impossible to pass, atleast when running against people with similar pace. Got @Keith Camilleri when he moved in the braking zone in last corner, so we had contact, but my view was that it was his fault (I'm open to discussing if Keith feels like it) so I took the position.

@Terence Grech Was then the target, ended up looking at his inside in last corner and I made sure to be able to stop in case he decided to turn in as normal. So might have seemed aggressive from grech's pov but I felt like it was still a safe move by me. So we ended up battling a bit which really was great, hard but fair.

Then on the last few laps against @santsuke99 he braked early after the backstraight into the hairpin and I went for the move here, was a split second desition but knew I would end up infront of him by the time we had reached the corner so once again it was a safe move (watching replay he had to straighten steering a bit but wouldn't do this kind of move if I didn't trust the guy in front :)), but ended up just asking a bit too much from the brakes and ran a bit wide where there was just no grip whatsoever. In the end race 1 was quite good, felt like I did what I could and didn't do anything stupid. So good recovery from the horrible quali.

Race 2: Got away really nicely and took multiple position, only to end up with no where to go into t1 with the mayhem, so ended up in the gravel and lost positions to I think all the fast guys I had started infront of and had passed on main straight.....great. From then on I kept my head down, made a lot of moves by simple having a look and leaving margin to back out and worked out great. P2 is really more than I thought was possible when I was in the gravel in t1.

Overall had some bad luck but still happy because I think I made the best of it and most importantly kept it clean.

Great job by @exited with 1st and 3rd and @Flavus Periculum for getting the win he already should've gotten at Okayama. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Noztra and D. Goelz

NonRunner

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2016
Finally had some pace again, first time since Tor Poznan. Solid P2 and P9, I'm quite happy with the latter since I'm extremely poor at overtaking.

Sorry @Mr AlcoN about the second race incident, looking at it now I can see that you were alongside-enough, so I should have left you space. Take it to stewards, if you wish.

Reactions: Noztra

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Finally had some pace again, first time since Tor Poznan. Solid P2 and P9, I'm quite happy with the latter since I'm extremely poor at overtaking.

Sorry @Mr AlcoN about the second race incident, looking at it now I can see that you were alongside-enough, so I should have left you space. Take it to stewards, if you wish.
Nah its cool m8! In the heat of the moments these things happen.
I mocked my race up anyway so no worries m8, you also was going to wait so it's good!
Nytt vietetään joulua! :)

• Happy
Reactions: NonRunner

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Quali: Just super annoying, could do consistently fast laps in practise but FPS went mad in quali and just caught me out so was general bad driving and 2 offs... so just a lot of time lost, good that I was still towards the front, but super annoying in general, worst track to have it as well.

Race 1: As I expected, almost impossible to pass, atleast when running against people with similar pace. Got @Keith Camilleri when he moved in the braking zone in last corner, so we had contact, but my view was that it was his fault (I'm open to discussing if Keith feels like it) so I took the position.

@Terence Grech Was then the target, ended up looking at his inside in last corner and I made sure to be able to stop in case he decided to turn in as normal. So might have seemed aggressive from grech's pov but I felt like it was still a safe move by me. So we ended up battling a bit which really was great, hard but fair.

Then on the last few laps against @santsuke99 he braked early after the backstraight into the hairpin and I went for the move here, was a split second desition but knew I would end up infront of him by the time we had reached the corner so once again it was a safe move (watching replay he had to straighten steering a bit but wouldn't do this kind of move if I didn't trust the guy in front :)), but ended up just asking a bit too much from the brakes and ran a bit wide where there was just no grip whatsoever. In the end race 1 was quite good, felt like I did what I could and didn't do anything stupid. So good recovery from the horrible quali.

Race 2: Got away really nicely and took multiple position, only to end up with no where to go into t1 with the mayhem, so ended up in the gravel and lost positions to I think all the fast guys I had started infront of and had passed on main straight.....great. From then on I kept my head down, made a lot of moves by simple having a look and leaving margin to back out and worked out great. P2 is really more than I thought was possible when I was in the gravel in t1.

Overall had some bad luck but still happy because I think I made the best of it and most importantly kept it clean.

Great job by @exited with 1st and 3rd and @Flavus Periculum for getting the win he already should've gotten at Okayama. :)
I think you overtook some people before the finish line. (Race 2 start)

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I think you overtook some people before the finish line. (Race 2 start)
I know I did, but I am fairly sure they told us we could just race whenever they say go. I was confident of this and wouldn't do it otherwise. So definitely illegal by me if it wasn't allowed but as I said, I was sure they had told us this. @Noztra?

Whatever it is, I hope it can be clarified, and if it was illegal, I think I technically gave all the positions I had gained back in t1, obviously not intentional, but I did do so atleast.

• Agree
Reactions: santsuke99

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
Yeah I heard quite clearly that when "go go go" is called then the race starts for everybody and no need to wait for the start finish to overtake.

First race had a technical problem with my throttle and lost power on the last turn in the second lap. Thought I had run out of fuel again :p
Anyway I managed to get out of the way without causing a big pile up so that is one positive. I was really looking forward to the race after qualifying and pretty p*ssed that I had to pull over.

Second race at the start I took the middle of the road into turn 1 to protect my inside and for sure would loose a bit of speed mid turn but as I was the lead car then the following car should avoid contact but unfortunately that didn't happen. I managed to keep the car pointed in the right direction and drove consistently till the end with about 10 litres of fuel to spare, totally paranoid about fuel nowadays. Happy with the victory but to be honest I shouldn't have been at the front so have mixed feelings but the points certainly helped the team PCDC pull a bit of a gap to 4th place.

Well done to exited for Race 1

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Super happy about my pace yesterday
Qualy lap was close to perfect, maybe a tenth or two would have been possible, but thats the nature of the superpole qualy. Will post a video of the lap later on :)
Race 1 was probably my best league race performance so far. Ran deep only one time into the chicane which gifted @NonRunner about 2 secs and made the race more intense than I liked it :D
Race 2, really dont know how I survived that T1 carnage. Was following @santsuke99 who I think got turned around. Could not brake in time, so prepared to hit him but somehow he got teleported away and I went through. In T2 I was already in P13, so I was really lucky this time :eek: Had some good battles with @Keith Camilleri @Mattia Silva @Microlander and others and a lot of butt cleching because people suddenly slowed down midcorner and I needed everything to avoid them... Really sorry about these incidents with @berserkmir and @Microlander :( Looked at the replay Berserkmir and I'm not 100% sure who is to blame. Seemed really unlucky as I turned slightly to the right and you slightly to the left and then we touched. Did not wait, because I think it wasn't completely my fault :confused:

Now I'm off for christmas and I'm really hoping that I can preserve that pace from the last two rounds to pressure @Hampus Soderberg at least a little bit in the last three rounds!
Cheers,
Exited

• Winner
Reactions: Noztra

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Well happy with how I raced, after the incidents. Race 1 I touched someone in the middle sector which sent me on the grass. Dropped from p5 ish to p14, and also got a corner cut warning for going onto the grass which resulted in a 10 second penalty come the end of the Race (I will be requesting for it to be removed given the circumstances and will post an enquiry later). Battled up to p8 so was an ok recovery drive.

Race 2 I somehow survived the turn 1 carnage as I got caught up in the middle of it but everyone seemed to go through or over me which meant I was up to p12 or something. The nature of lap 1 meant I got bottlenecks behind people and dropped to p14 but fought up to p5 despite accidently forcing someone wide and backing off to let them through.

• Friendly
Reactions: D. Goelz

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Sorry about this angry post now when we are this close to Christmas. :/

So I just spent an hour going trough the accident T1 in R2 and tbh I am kinda shocked. I can't count how many time the coordinators how told people to slow down when there is a yellow flow or an accident in front of you.

What I can see in the replay is the guys actually trying to slow down, are getting rammed by people not slowing down and that is not okay! The T1 is a small accident where @Rasmus Augustsson hits @Flavus Periculum and that's it. All the mess behind is because (sorry my language) people are idiots tbh. I went trough all the cars pedal input and its shocking to see how many who doesn't brake or lift of, when they see a accident in front of them and are trying to gain positions instead.

So going forward if I see any cars who doesn't brake/lift when there is an accident in front of them, its an automatic DQ from the race!

*If there is no danger, then you don't need to brake/lift, but if there is any doubt, use your brake!

I hope that's pretty clear and I am sorry that it has come to this.

Beside this angry post, I wishes everyone merry christmas and happy new year and I am looking forward to race against all of you again in the new year. :)

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
I know I did, but I am fairly sure they told us we could just race whenever they say go. I was confident of this and wouldn't do it otherwise. So definitely illegal by me if it wasn't allowed but as I said, I was sure they had told us this. @Noztra?

Whatever it is, I hope it can be clarified, and if it was illegal, I think I technically gave all the positions I had gained back in t1, obviously not intentional, but I did do so atleast.
Like @Flavus Periculum wrote, then as soon that @McPhilen said "go go go" then everyone is free to race.

Rasmus Augustsson

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2017
Sorry about this angry post now when we are this close to Christmas. :/

So I just spent an hour going trough the accident T1 in R2 and tbh I am kinda shocked. I can't count how many time the coordinators how told people to slow down when there is a yellow flow or an accident in front of you.

What I can see in the replay is the guys actually trying to slow down, are getting rammed by people not slowing down and that is not okay! The T1 is a small accident where @Rasmus Augustsson hits @Flavus Periculum and that's it. All the mess behind is because (sorry my language) people are idiots tbh. I went trough all the cars pedal input and its shocking to see how many who doesn't brake or lift of, when they see a accident in front of them and are trying to gain positions instead.

So going forward if I see any cars who doesn't brake/lift when there is an accident in front of them, its an automatic DQ from the race!

*If there is no danger, then you don't need to brake/lift, but if there is any doubt, use your brake!

I hope that's pretty clear and I am sorry that it has come to this.

Beside this angry post, I wishes everyone merry christmas and happy new year and I am looking forward to race against all of you again in the new year. :)
sorry for the mess but if you look at the replay i don't Think there was anytime for me to stop with the speed i carried in the corner. sorry again. and i wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year

Astrit Arsllani

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2016
Well i can say that i finished my winter brake happy. Brands Hatch i got good results, and here was even better.

Qualy: Managed to qualify in 11th, i got a little bit surprised by that. I really liked this track, so when i finished 11th i really was very happy.

Race 1: Managed my race really well, just like last race i was having a battle with @hinesy32 all the way till the end, really enjoyed that battle till the end, we were really having a battle for 9th place with @hinesy32 @Dazzy Oz @Mr AlcoN, at the end managed to finish 10th, witch is awsome.

Race 2: Second race was also very well, had a god start, i think i gained 2 positions untill corner 1 (y), then corner 1 accident managed my best to avoid it but at the end to many cars i was sucked in and got some damage to my car, and that really affected the car under heavy braking, witch wasn't pleasend, made a few mistaked my self, at one point i droped into 16th place from 8th, but i kept on going, at the end some cars most their cool and crashed and i got 3 places from that and finished 10th also in the second race.

So yeah all in all Jerez i enjoyed a lot battles right untill the last corner, that was awsome!:cool: (y) :finger:

Congrats to the winners also @exited and @Flavus Periculum

SilverArrow3

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Trying to keep up with the midfield , it's a small improvement where in the beginning of the season I was near the back.
Race 1 was pretty clean from what I could see , but in race 2 it went wrong again. Was caught up in some paint exchanges , causing me to crash ... Also you will see a couple of divebombs , seems to be regular these days ...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year guys , see you in 2018.

Here are my videos , btw @berserkmir , you have to explain yourself in the stewards