PC - AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Round 8 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Round 8

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
was the fvcking power brick that was disconnected:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Little advice check your power bricks before freaking out:)

• Clever
Reactions: Noztra

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Not what I wanted but what can I do but retire my lap if I extend the track. I think we could have had nice battle for the victory in the first race. Well done everyone. See you next season and hopefully with a real race car. ;)

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Probably the best race of the season for me. Got pole, somehow, but was pushing too much on the first lap and ended up losing places to @santsuke99 santsukeand @Tom Bridle . Made a couple more mistakes and let @Microlander and someone else (sorry can't remember who) through, but sat back from them and eventually got past. Tom made some mistakes on the last couple of laps and with my last p2p I tried to take him on the line but he just had me by about 0.05 secs. P3 it was and to be honest am pretty happy with that, despite the fact I Could have realistically won.

Race 2 got off to a great start, was up to about p12 ish by lap 2, but Terence turned into me at turn 4 and I lost a lot of ground. But good racing and a few incidents in front of me allowed me to work up to p5/p6 by the finish. Overtook Terence on the last lap just to consolidate my performance ;)

Overall not a great season for me, I didn't get on with the cars as much as I thought I Would, and my terrible luck and inconsistency shon through once more. But glad it ended with some good races

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2015
So annoyed at myself. Holding 9th into the last lap of the last race of the season. Used a P2P on @Keith Camilleri up the back straight and touched him at the apex. Then lost 6 places, running wide as my tyres were gone. I suck.

If I hadn't have missed the last race I'd hopefully be in the top 10 overall. Aw well. Next season I'll be back to the back as it will be a faster car and I'm crap in fast cars.

I've enjoyed most of this season though, had some great battles and surprised myself with some of my performances.

See you all in S5

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Good racing lads, only 10 mins practice but a knew the track this week lol. Eventful first lap in second race and eventful last lap as you'll see from the vid and picture :love:

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
I came into this season with an open mind with the thought i was going to struggle a bit more with FWD, but straight away learn't that these cars suited me more than what the Porsche did due to it being much less slippy and being able to lean on the tyres more. going into the season i used a normal monitor and the week before the first race i purchased an Oculus rift and from there it was a steep learning curve at first to get used to the many factors of it, first race i was really debating whether to move back to normal monitor after having dismal racecraft which shocked me heavily at the time but as ive got used to VR as the season has gone on, im happy to say its been one of my favorite investments, im still lacking a bit of racecraft and im a bit more prone to stupid accidents but my consistency with the rift and just the enjoyment factor has made it worth it. :)

Always sad to see the season end but those were a great last 2 rounds to end on, had some enjoyable battles, especially with @matt785shimmy , @Tom Bridle & @N1kmido. And on top i had the best result of the season of 4th which isn't too bad but would like to be able to fight for them more often. But the hype train is now just beginning for season 5 and hope these potential big changes will be for the better :)
Big thanks also to the co-coordinators for hosting this once again and being reactive to the various challenges we as a league have faced this season.

And finally congrats @Hampus Soderberg !!!!! You're pace & race craft has been phenomenal this season, huge respect for you buddy :)

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Fantastic ending to my season! Really happy about my 2nd place in the championship and the season overall. Felt like I made a huge step in consistency and got really used to my "new" pedals now.

Made my first real mistake this season in race 1 and went wide when I overtook @Microlander (cant remember) on the backstraight and lost like 10 places. Was still able to finish in P8, right behind my rival for P2 in the championship @Keith Camilleri :)
Did not really know before race 2 if P2 in the championship is safe for me or not, but did not really care for it and went all in after my good start into race 2 and overtook 6 people on the start finish straight. Did not expect @Noztra to brake at the 500 feet board so nearly everything was gone again even before T1, but luckily everything went smooth. Kept pushing really hard, made some good overtakes, some people made mistakes which gifted me their places. At L8 I was in P1 and could see that @Sisuvoima10 was already in P4 and only 6 secs behind me. Paniced a little bit but then focused again and banged in 8 qualy laps and could finish in P1 with a 5 sec gap.
Probably my best single race performance of my whole sim racing "career". Fastest lap only 2 tenths behind Sisu and consistency of 99,06%, very proud of that second race! Looks like I'm quite comfortable with understeery cars and to drive around that understeer!

A huge 'Thank you' to all coordinators, who once again setted up a really nice season, with lots of good racing and some really nice features (e.g. superpole format) (y)(y)(y)
@Noztra @hinesy32 @Niclas Domino @Mazy CZ
Enjoyed it a lot and already cant wait for S5 :p

Cheers,
Exited

Last edited:

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Did not really know before race 2 if P2 in the championship is safe for me or not, but did not really care for it and went all in after my good start into race 2 and overtook 6 people on the start finish straight. Did not expect @Noztra to brake at the 500 feet board so nearly everything was gone again even before T1, but luckily everything went smooth. Kept pushing really hard, made some good overtakes, some people made mistakes which gifted me their places. At L8 I was in P1 and could see that @Sisuvoima10 was already in P4 and only 6 secs behind me. Paniced a little bit but then focused again and banged in 8 qualy laps and could finish in P1 with a 5 sec gap.
Probably my best single race performance of my whole sim racing "career". Fastest lap only 2 tenths behind Sisu and consistency of 99,06%, very proud of that second race! Looks like I'm quite comfortable with understeery cars and to drive around that understeer!

Cheers,
Exited
I was relly trying to catch you but in the end I wasn't consistent enough. Well done.

• Friendly
Reactions: Noztra and D. Goelz

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
First of all thanks to everyone who signed up and raced this season! Its really great to see so many people participating in this league and this league wouldn't exist without you guys! Its great to see new drivers signing up every season and "old-timers" return. :)

There been some restructuring this season with @Mazy CZ and @AndrexUK leaving the coordinator team and @hinesy32 and @Niclas Domino joining. We aren't fully up to speed and we still need to find our roles, but we are getting there and should be ready for season 5 and really appreciate the work they have put into this already. :)

Also a big thanks to @Flavus Periculum for his new standing spreadsheet which really reduce the amount of time it takes before the standings are updated. :)

I like say that we are improving every season and in some areas more than other. No matter how we do it accidents will always happen and they are part of racing. We have to remember that being 36 drivers on the grid is not always easy, but overall I am really happy about the season. :) We are getting better each season and each season it runs more and more smooth.

Stream wise the a HUGE thanks to @Ycoms and @McPhilen for always doing a top awesome job and really bringing the races to live. The commentary is always top notch and both of you really brings something unique to the table and I hope that you both wanna continue for season 5. :) Only criticism is that we need to get better which the overlay for the stream, which is something that will get improved for the new season.

Last and not least, thanks to everyone in Hoonigan Racing #1 and Hoonigan Racing #2. @Dazzy Oz, @berserkmir, @Emin Babaoglu, @Microlander and @R.Macieira. We might not be the fastest team around, but we are the most colourful and you all bring something to the team. :) P7 and P10 is not bad in team championship considering how many strong teams there is. I couldn't wish for better teammates and I hope you guys still will be part of Hoonigan in season 5. :)

On a personal level this season has been up and down. Season started really great before taking a dive and then recovering.
Before the season my goal was to improve on last year P13, but in the end I finished P13. That is probably around my pace, maybe a bit lower since @Sisuvoima10 joined late and @N1kmido didn't attend all races. But overall I am happy with P13 considering how many fast drivers there is and how close the mid pack is, where a good or bad race can really impact the standings. :)

A final note on the voting for season 5. I really hope everyone votes on what they want for the new season. Most of the stuff we are gonna use and some of we might change even if the vote says otherwise, to make sure the league is fun and competitive for everyone.

Voting for season 5. https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/aor-pc-assetto-corsa-league-season-5.952/

Thank you all for this season and see you in a bit. :)

/Noztra

Mattia Silva

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 9, 2017
I came into this season with an open mind with the thought i was going to struggle a bit more with FWD, but straight away learn't that these cars suited me more than what the Porsche did due to it being much less slippy and being able to lean on the tyres more. going into the season i used a normal monitor and the week before the first race i purchased an Oculus rift and from there it was a steep learning curve at first to get used to the many factors of it, first race i was really debating whether to move back to normal monitor after having dismal racecraft which shocked me heavily at the time but as ive got used to VR as the season has gone on, im happy to say its been one of my favorite investments, im still lacking a bit of racecraft and im a bit more prone to stupid accidents but my consistency with the rift and just the enjoyment factor has made it worth it. :)

Always sad to see the season end but those were a great last 2 rounds to end on, had some enjoyable battles, especially with @matt785shimmy , @Tom Bridle & @N1kmido. And on top i had the best result of the season of 4th which isn't too bad but would like to be able to fight for them more often. But the hype train is now just beginning for season 5 and hope these potential big changes will be for the better :)
Big thanks also to the co-coordinators for hosting this once again and being reactive to the various challenges we as a league have faced this season.

And finally congrats @Hampus Soderberg !!!!! You're pace & race craft has been phenomenal this season, huge respect for you buddy :)
wich vr did you buy?

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Still angry about myself because I was in the position and had the pace to score that desired podium in race 1 but bottled it twice (!) into the same corner on the brakes. :banghead: :blackeye:

Nevertheless the battles were great fun, thanks to @matt785shimmy and @Microlander that was some nice and fair stuff.

Also thanks to the coordinators for organising and dealing with all the important things. I can only imagine how difficult this job must be sometimes but at the end the only thing that matters is that everyone can enjoy the racing and have fun - and that was definitely the case!

Finally thanks to @Niclas Domino and @hinesy32 who picked me up to race with them for Team Audi Sport although I was almost non-existent before Christmas. I think we did quite well despite the fact that for most of the rounds we couldn´t race in full 3-man-strength. And of course thanks to everyone else who was racing this season. :)

• Winner

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Still angry about myself because I was in the position and had the pace to score that desired podium in race 1 but bottled it twice (!) into the same corner on the brakes. :banghead::blackeye:
Was it the corner after the back straight? :)