PC - AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Tips & Tricks | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Tips & Tricks

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Tips & Tricks

A thread for sharing tips & tricks to your fellow drivers. Could be anything from driving tips to what apps you use in game or how to get most fps.

Share away. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: R.Macieira

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Ill start with my apps.

The only apps im using is this:

ProTires - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres.14030/
FFBClip - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/
RaceEssentials - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/raceessentials-v1-4-5.41103/ (You need to log in)

In Assetto Corsa your game performance is heavily dependent on how many "external" apps you have activated (i.e apps you downloaded and installed) and ingame app you are running. The more apps activated the lower fps you will get.

So problem with low fps, start with trying to disable from apps. :)

Last edited:

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
Ill start with my apps.

The only apps im using is this:

ProTires - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres.14030/
FFBClip - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/
RaceEssentials - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/raceessentials-v1-4-5.41103/ (You need to log in)

In Assetto Corsa your game performance is heavily dependent on how many "external" apps you have activated (i.e apps you downloaded and installed) and ingame app you are running. The more apps activated the lower fps you will get.

So problem with low fps, start with trying to disable from apps. :)
Great choices, but I would replace RaceEssentials with SideKick and would add Helicorsa as a must have, especially if you are running without triple screen or VR.

• Useful
Reactions: Rasmus Augustsson

David Siska

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 12, 2017
I've figured it out, that the Sidekick app doesn't have coloured temperature and pressure values with the AOR modded Audi TT.

If you're using Sidekick, too, this will help you:
Download this file, unzip it to the Steam Assetto Corsa folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa). At the next launch it will work.

https://mega.nz/#!ek4QVQTK!BjsFQk12G6cuCey4cHGeKDmguxChTyKcWgEH7LssbTw

Cheers

Rasmus Augustsson

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2017
It would be kind if you could take a look at my video and see what I can improve and tell me what I do wrong since I've never driven a FWD car before I signed up to this league thanks, and this might help others aswell so we can get closer racing :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Noztra

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
It would be kind if you could take a look at my video and see what I can improve and tell me what I do wrong since I've never driven a FWD car before I signed up to this league thanks, and this might help others aswell so we can get closer racing :)
Ok I will try to give some tips.
First of all, little bit hard to judge without seeing the steering wheel and your pedal inputs. I would advice to record another video from cockpit perspective and with the ingame pedals app enabled (hover to the right with your mouse, AC app section opens, scroll down to "Pedals" app, in case you dont know ;))

Steering
From what I saw I would advice to be a little more sensible with steering. It looks like you sometimes steer to much, running to much to the apex, open up the steering to run wider and than steering more again. Try to be more precise with your inputs, follow the curves more. Turn in, increase the steering angle to maximum lateral grip of your front tires, hitting the apex and then decrease the steering angle again slowly while applying some throttle gently.

Braking
Most obvious imo. Your driving seems to me a little bit spreaded. Atm you drive like this: Braking -> Turning -> Appyling throttle. It looks like you are not really combining these three things to be faster around the corners.
Try it like this. Approach the corner -> brake really hard at first (around 100%, ABS does the job for you) -> continuely release the brake and already start to turn in -> hitting the apex with 0% brake pedal -> decrase steering wheel angle and start to push the throttle
What I'm trying to say is, that this car benefits a lot from trailbraking imo. You just need to be careful with turning and braking at the same time, because the front axle is already heavily loaded from the engine and gearbox. You need to find the sweet spot with braking and turning in, as this gives you a lot of time.

Accelerating
Sounded like you are using TC. For me its always faster to go without TC. Be gentle with your right foot and try to sense the front axle grip in your wheel.

Lines
Nothing much to say here. Most of the time you had the right racing line. Just be a little bit smarter sometimes, e.g. VIR end of the first twisty part (around 17.00 min in your video). Go slower around the left hander, lift a little bit for the first right hander, go to the left side of the track and then hit the curb of the second right hander. If you do this properly you can do the second right hander with full throttle and gain a lot of time on the following straight.

Cheers,
Exited

Rasmus Augustsson

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2017
First of all, little bit hard to judge without seeing the steering wheel and your pedal inputs. I would advice to record another video from cockpit perspective and with the ingame pedals app enabled (hover to the right with your mouse, AC app section opens, scroll down to "Pedals" app, in case you dont know ;))

Steering
From what I saw I would advice to be a little more sensible with steering. It looks like you sometimes steer to much, running to much to the apex, open up the steering to run wider and than steering more again. Try to be more precise with your inputs, follow the curves more. Turn in, increase the steering angle to maximum lateral grip of your front tires, hitting the apex and then decrease the steering angle again slowly while applying some throttle gently.

Braking
Most obvious imo. Your driving seems to me a little bit spreaded. Atm you drive like this: Braking -> Turning -> Appyling throttle. It looks like you are not really combining these three things to be faster around the corners.
Try it like this. Approach the corner -> brake really hard at first (around 100%, ABS does the job for you) -> continuely release the brake and already start to turn in -> hitting the apex with 0% brake pedal -> decrase steering wheel angle and start to push the throttle
What I'm trying to say is, that this car benefits a lot from trailbraking imo. You just need to be careful with turning and braking at the same time, because the front axle is already heavily loaded from the engine and gearbox. You need to find the sweet spot with braking and turning in, as this gives you a lot of time.

Accelerating
Sounded like you are using TC. For me its always faster to go without TC. Be gentle with your right foot and try to sense the front axle grip in your wheel.

Lines
Nothing much to say here. Most of the time you had the right racing line. Just be a little bit smarter sometimes, e.g. VIR end of the first twisty part (around 17.00 min in your video). Go slower around the left hander, lift a little bit for the first right hander, go to the left side of the track and then hit the curb of the second right hander. If you do this properly you can do the second right hander with full throttle and gain a lot of time on the following straight.

Cheers,
Exited
[DOUBLEPOST=1511869194][/DOUBLEPOST]

Steering

Braking

Accelerating

Lines

Cheers,
Exited
i tried without TC but i don't like how it feels and im like 2 tenths faster with traction, but yeah as you said braking is my biggest problem :)

• Friendly
Reactions: D. Goelz

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
@exited summed up all the things to be said really nicely. I will add that from what I saw (only Donnington), try to find the track limits, i.e. you are not using the track to it's fullest on some turns. Explore more lines, use the Delta Timer to see what works best.
Also, while trailbraking, try not to unbalance the car too much, even though it's a FWD one. Disbalance cost a lot of time.
Hope this will help.

Mattia Silva

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 9, 2017
i think i lose a bit of time because my wheel (logitech g290) moves too fast. i like it to have more ffb but i wasnt able so far to calibrate in the right way

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
i think i lose a bit of time because my wheel (logitech g290) moves too fast. i like it to have more ffb but i wasnt able so far to calibrate in the right way
What wheel rotation are you using on the wheel?

How many degrees?