AOR America F1 2019 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 3 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR America F1 2019 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 3

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Hi All!

MrRymer here, on Xbox. I'm looking forward to this season, first time here! Should be an interesting season! I read the racing line will be on for Xbox. Is this true?
The assists for each tier have been updated in the sign-up thread. After additional discussions last night when finalizing all platforms, we have decided that Xbox tier will have no assists this season.

Reactions: MrRymer

Jason Wilcox

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 17, 2017
Hi All!

MrRymer here, on Xbox. I'm looking forward to this season, first time here! Should be an interesting season! I read the racing line will be on for Xbox. Is this true?
For this season, the Xbox league will be using no assists. (y)

Reactions: MrRymer

Illicit

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 1, 2019
The assists for each tier have been updated in the sign-up thread. After additional discussions last night when finalizing all platforms, we have decided that Xbox tier will have no assists this season.
Racing line in both top tiers on PC though? Looks like over half of the PC sign ups said they use no assists. Not trying to argue or anything, just curious why we're allowing the line.

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Racing line in both top tiers on PC though? Looks like over half of the PC sign ups said they use no assists. Not trying to argue or anything, just curious why we're allowing the line.
If I wanted to upset a lot of people then sure I could ban it. But I'm not.

We allowed it in the first 2 seasons, quite a few of the people in splits 1 and 2 are using it, and frankly it's too late in the process to tell a lot of people that they can't use the racing line.

I'm in this to try to grow the Americas community and alienating a sizable percentage of sign-ups over a racing line is not the best way to go about it. Hopefully this clears things up.

Illicit

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 1, 2019

We allowed it in the first 2 seasons, quite a few of the people in splits 1 and 2 are using it, and frankly it's too late in the process to tell a lot of people that they can't use the racing line.

I'm in this to try to grow the Americas community and alienating a sizable percentage of sign-ups over a racing line is not the best way to go about it. Hopefully this clears things up.
For sure, thanks for the explanation Raven (y)

Bobino12

Pro Karter
Aug 5, 2016
That makes sense to me. I got rid of the Racing Line when playing the F1 2016 game and i soon realized I was quicker without it. The Line is not necessarily on the apex into corners and the braking points always depends of racing styles. That's not a real driving assist for me and I don't care racing with drivers using it.

flsingerman

Pro Karter
Feb 3, 2019

14 out of the 21 people in the XB1 league signed up with the RL. Why wasn't this same logic applied to that league?

I could try to learn to race without the line (I only use it for corners) but with less than a week till the first race that might be too difficult.

Jason Wilcox

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 17, 2017
14 out of the 21 people in the XB1 league signed up with the RL. Why wasn't this same logic applied to that league?

I could try to learn to race without the line (I only use it for corners) but with less than a week till the first race that might be too difficult.
It was made clear at the start of last season, that RL would be allowed, but it was also highly encouraged to drop it as the season progressed. It's about getting the league up to the best standards of racing and making it consistent for everyone. It won't take you very long to learn to race without the line and IMO the RL isn't even very helpful. It literally is a distraction more than an assist. Believe me, you'll get quicker if you turn it off.

Reactions: british_bulldog

flsingerman

Pro Karter
Feb 3, 2019
It was made clear at the start of last season, that RL would be allowed, but it was also highly encouraged to drop it as the season progressed. It's about getting the league up to the best standards of racing and making it consistent for everyone. It won't take you very long to learn to race without the line and IMO the RL isn't even very helpful. It literally is a distraction more than an assist. Believe me, you'll get quicker if you turn it off.
Fair enough. I'll get on it then!

Reactions: Raven

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
I don't know if I'm just too dependant on it, or if it's because I'm on controller... But I have tried turning the line off and I find myself completely and utterly lost without it.... I can't find where the braking point is and I just end up either braking 100 meters too early or flying off the track... I could probably learn without it, but I feel it'd take me forever and that I best wait until the day in the long and distant future where I get a wheel to learn without it... But that's just me I guess... I dunno....

Bobino12

Pro Karter
Aug 5, 2016
It's pretty easy to get rid of it with some practice.

For the braking point, you need to find the 100 meter or 50 meter board, a tree, a shadow on the track, a publicity panel, a truck...

NinjaRider

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2018
I assume the placements for Americas will be posted tonight?

british_bulldog

Formula Karter
Jul 17, 2019
Anyone know if there is an Android app that you can use for the AOR website? My phone displays the forum weird... Or is it just web browser based?

Jason Wilcox

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 17, 2017
FYI. I have received some input from the majority of the drivers signed up for the Xbox League and so the Racing Line WILL be permitted. I have updated the signup thread to state that fact.