PC - AOR America PC F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR America PC F1 League - Main Thread

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
AOR America PC F1 League - Season 3
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR America PC F1 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (EST time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

League Coordinator: @Raven
Lobby Host: @Simsbad (steam profile)
Backup host(s): @fluffydave (steam profile) and @Raven (steam profile)

● Voice Chat: AOR Discord Server

Assists Structure:

TC = Traction Control
ABS = Anti-Lock Brakes
RL = Racing Line
AG = Automatic Gearbox
PA = Pit Assist
PR = Pit Release Assist
ERS = Automatic ERS Mode

PC F1 Tier
: RL only

Drivers and Teams (11/20 filled):

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team

• @jalidone - Jalidone - American - #66
  • VACANT

Scuderia Ferrari

Aston Martin RedBull Racing
  • VACANT
  • VACANT

Racing Point BWT Mercedes

ROKiT Williams Racing
  • VACANT
  • VACANT

Renault F1 Team
  • @QuitZ5 - Corsac_Ns - Chinese - #49
  • VACANT

Scuderia ToroRosso

Haas F1 Team
  • VACANT
  • VACANT

McLaren

Alfa Romeo Racing
Reserves
  1. @ItzTriton - 2SRL Triton - Australian
  2. @capitahood - capitahood - American
Commentators
  1. VACANT
  2. VACANT

Last edited:

SSR Matheus

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
Raven, my user name here in the forum is PRF1 MATHEUS, but my Steam ID is SSR Matheus. Can you change it?

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
Raven, my user name here in the forum is PRF1 MATHEUS, but my Steam ID is SSR Matheus. Can you change it?
Hey, I don't have unlimited power here yet so sadly no. lol

But post the request over here and someone will change it.

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
@Vainrub has been blacklisted for infringing League Rules Section 6.5, leaving the league without a valid reason per the coordinators.

@kub has been moved to a reserve spot due to inactivity on the forum and after an uninformed no-show in the first round.

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
PSA: Per the initial placement thread, the coordinators for the America splits will be reassessing the placements of all drivers after the China round of the championship. Every driver will be up for potential tier shifting based on the first 3 rounds. Your points position will be a consideration but not the only reason for a promotion or demotion. We want to make the announcement sometime in the middle of next week in order to give you enough time to adjust to your new split.

In all likelihood, the total number of people moving around will only be 6 to 10 at the maximum across all 3 splits.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks a lot for being a part of the 3rd season of the AOR America F1 League. :)

@jalidone @Tere_71 @ItzTriton @SSR Matheus @FOR myCon @Some_Idiot @fluffydave @Hardy_ @Ramone36 @QuitZ5 @capitahood @Rogue Theft @Simsbad @kreamyjohns @Aaron Shum @SloppyMcFloppy @Hammertime44

• Wow
Reactions: Z3mikey and QuitZ5

capitahood

Junior Karter
Nov 2, 2018
Hi guys, due to unforeseen time commitment issues, I won't be able to make most of the races on Sundays this season. I'd rather have that seat open for a fully committed driver. Apologies, but I'll be dropping out of this league.
Thanks

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
League Announcement:

After a few hours of deliberation last night, the coordinators have determined our initial driver movements for the America PC splits. Keep in mind that this is not the only time drivers may be moved this season. However, at this time, we will only do so if there is a clear outlier.

Welcome to the F1 split @Tezu and @Muddyh20!

Please head over to the car and number selection thread and choose from the available cars and numbers. The initial deadline to complete this is by Friday (8/30) at 8pm Eastern. @Tezu has first picks due to his championship position at the time.

Congratulations on being promoted to the F1 tier! Your results, pace, and/or past history in AOR contributed towards this decision.

Existing Driver Update:

@ItzTriton and @capitahood have both been moved to reserves due to unexpected time commitments.

Reactions: Tezu

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
League Rule Update:

I should have posted this a week or two ago, so I apologize for the delay.

Please see the rule below that was added to the official league rules regarding the use of the reset to track feature in the pause menu. So, if you see anyone resetting themselves, and you have video evidence, you can report that as an incident to the stewards going forward.

It is not permitted to use the 'Reset to Track' function of the pause menu in order to recover quickly. Failure to adhere to this could lead to a penalty being applied retrospectively by the stewards.

@jalidone @Tere_71 @ItzTriton @SSR Matheus @FOR myCon @Some_Idiot @fluffydave @Hardy_ @Ramone36 @QuitZ5 @capitahood @Rogue Theft @Simsbad @kreamyjohns @Aaron Shum @SloppyMcFloppy @Hammertime44 @Muddyh20 @Tezu

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
Message to all drivers:

Hey again everyone. Sorry for the double tag this afternoon but I wanted to make a point going forward and especially wanted to say something about this before Baku and with Monaco coming up very soon.

We are a league that is incredibly diverse with people living all over this entire side of the globe. Some drivers are extremely far away from you and their pings are borderline being acceptable just to a Speedtest to New York City. But, this is obviously not where majority of the drivers in this league are located at. Some drivers will be having a ping way higher than our 150ms sign-up cap to you specifically simply due to sheer distance. Just as an extreme example, see the picture below for one of the gaps between two drivers in this split.

The point of this message really is just to say that our intention will never be to kick anyone out at the first sign of lag, or desync, with other drivers. However, it is in the rules that it is up to the discretion of the coordinators to remove people from the league if their connection quality is overwhelmingly, and repeatedly, the cause of incidents with other drivers.

My advice to everyone is to look at helping out all of our fellow league compatriots the best we can before each race. Whether that's restarting your PC, restarting your modem and/or router, or disabling all other devices and/or programs that are using internet data, etc. it would all be of a net benefit. I know that last one is not possible for people sharing internet with others, but I'd appreciate it a lot if you could just please consider those steps before each race.

We've got a long way to go in the season and I feel that if everyone could just tone it back a touch by being a bit less aggressive when battling wheel to wheel against people so far away, that could help out so much for all of us. No game, whether it's on dedicated servers or not, is going to be able to allow people to race others 8000 miles apart without any desync for every second of every race. It's just not going to happen. All we can do is try to stabilize the connections we have then allow more margin for everyone around us so we can enjoy the game as much as we possibly can while still racing hard every time the lights go out.

Now, with all that in mind, let's go out there and try our best to somehow enjoy Baku this Sunday!

If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to ask me.

Thank you.

@jalidone @Tere_71 @ItzTriton @SSR Matheus @FOR myCon @Some_Idiot @fluffydave @Hardy_ @Ramone36 @QuitZ5 @capitahood @Rogue Theft @Simsbad @kreamyjohns @Aaron Shum @SloppyMcFloppy @Hammertime44 @Muddyh20 @Tezu

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
League Update:

@SSR Matheus has been removed from the league and blacklisted for inactivity and 3x uninformed no shows.

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
League Announcement

Hey everyone, so I just wanted to take some time to announce this morning that I will be taking a step back from AOR, and the duties involved, for the next several weeks. I'll be returning in November to give another update.

In my absence, @fluffydave will be the temporary coordinator for the America PC F1 split. He will be the one you will need to tag in stewards panel posts going forward and for any questions/concerns related to this split. To give a bit of background about him, he is experienced in coordinating leagues but is new to AOR rules and format. So, please be patient with him as he gets acclimated to the role.

I wish you all the best for the races ahead and I'll be back later this season.

@jalidone @Tere_71 @FOR myCon @Some_Idiot @Hardy_ @Ramone36 @QuitZ5 @Rogue Theft @kreamyjohns @Aaron Shum @SloppyMcFloppy @Hammertime44 @Muddyh20 @Tezu @Sgarky @capitahood @ItzTriton @Simsbad @Rytier

Tezu

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 27, 2018
For problems on my internet I will not be able to continue competing in this league, at least this tournament, I will see if in the future I can have a solution

Raven

Jan 15, 2014
Due to exceptional circumstances, we will be taking action next week to address attendance of this split. Several scenarios are on the table. Sorry for the declining attendance rates, but this is an issue that is not lost on the community as the European splits just had to do a major reshuffling a few weeks ago in order to combat the same issue.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience during this time. We'll announce the solution when we are ready to present it.

@jalidone @Tere_71 @Some_Idiot @QuitZ5 @Rogue Theft @kreamyjohns @Aaron Shum @SloppyMcFloppy @Hammertime44 @Muddyh20 @capitahood @ItzTriton