League Information
League Rules
League Calendar

Event Information
Date: Thursday 12th April 2018
● Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 20 minutes
- Race: 2 hours (+5 mins for 2 formation laps)

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 progression):
- Date: 7th October 2018
- Qualifying time: 11:00
- Race time: 18:00

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Medium Cloud
- Race: Medium Cloud > Heavy Cloud > Thunderstorm > Thunderstorm

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Formation info
Since Daytona only gives a Rolling start option, and there is a chance of picking up damage before you even start, we will run 2 formation laps
If you pick up damage, you can use the first lap to repair, and then rejoin into your Qually position.

Formation point will be on the exit of the bus stop (Sector 3)
Odds on the left, Evens on the right (of your class positions)

Acceleration point will be at the beginning of the pit wall on the left hand side.

Notices
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Drivers who are not on Discord by 7:30pm (UK time) risk losing their spot to reserver drivers. Drivers who repeatedly dont attend races without a notice will be moved to reserves or even blacklisted.

● Confirmed No-Shows:

Last edited by a moderator:

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
5 days to prepare a 2H race with these weather conditions......

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I can already sense the atmosphere of a lot of drivers not showing up for this because they can't handle the weather. Guess I won't have any problems finding a spot for the race ;)

BTW, we did a thunderstorm race at Spa in S2 and that went flawlessly. I know that was PC1 with the old weather system, but c'mon, it can't really be that bad

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Yes we did at spa......just not enough time to to prepare and we have also a gt3 race....

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Yes we did at spa......just not enough time to to prepare and we have also a gt3 race....
Then you gotta prioritize, my friend ;)
I mean things like these happen in real life aswell. You might be thinking the weather will be a beatiful clear sky but suddenly 5 days before the race, the forecast predicts a thunderstorm. I like to think about it that way for this as well. And it is the same for everybody, so it shouldn't be that bad

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
with all respect,we arent engineers, we have a job and other commitments, to prepare a 2H race still needs time, what is the use of 2 weeks of time between a race and another to prepare if we still have to prepare the race in 5 days? if you do 2 different championships it should not be a problem for everyone if you cant prepare for both, you dont have to force others to prepare in 5 days so that we are all in the same condition.I see the update, but it isnt the first time there is this delay.

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
sorry guys but this is stupid look at the state of leman and that was only rain, even in real life they dont race in those conditions on a track example oulton park on monday 2nd races were cancelled because of the rain and track conditions and putting conditions like this the saturday befor the race is stupid how about next season all the conditions are done oh the calendar at the start of the season

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
I have no problem with the weather, it's the same for everyone. Of course, the weather is quite bad, the oval will be horrible. But it's going to make things even more exciting

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Good luck to everyone!Enjoy!It's going to be a great race to watch.
@Raigore why are you obsessed with Thunderstorms at this track.If I remember rightly,it was the initial plan for the 2.4 hour race wasn't it.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Guys please... I understand that people want to practice and prepare for a race but seriously...

If I may quote myself from a feedback thread that was brought up a few months ago:

Weather
The F1 leagues are running with dynamic weather so why shouldn´t we do the same? Or at least make it more unpredictable than it is now. This is probably the point that annoys me most of the current GT3/Endurance racing. Everything is optimized to death because everyone knows at the beginning of the season that we will run a 21°C Medium Cloud race @ Monza as the season finisher... That´s not what racing is about in my opinion, it should be about who can make the best out of the moment, even if the setup and tyres aren´t matching the situation for 100%.
It´s probably the best thing that could happen for the season´s final race and the only thing I see in here is "mimimi" and "extended mimimi". If you think you won´t be up to the task, don´t sign up for a league like this. This is endurance racing and not time trial under a dome.

I´m fully with @TicklishPicklewickle here: It´s the same for everyone and compared to real life racing 5 days to prepare for a predetermined weather scenario is actually still a lot. So deal with it and try to make the best out of what you´ve got or - like a certain WEC driver loves to say - go home!

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
@N1kmido I repeat, we arent engineers, we have a job and we have commitments, not everyone has the time necessary(in this 5days and I do not talk about myself, since I still have Saturday and Sunday available for this weekend ), explain to me the sense of having two weeks between one race and another if the info is published 5 days before the race? it isnt about being up to it, it's about fairness. The info has been published randomly throughout the season, just because it isnt the TT it takes time to prepare. we arent pilots of the wec and we dont have engineers who do the work for us. We are in a videogame not in real life.

Reactions: King Judah