PC - AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Just did a small practise race (offline) and found a new 'aqua-planning' spot which I did not see during my training sessions!

Just before the right turn exiting the chicane on the mid-oval section. Can anybody confirm or deny the existence during online practise?
Cause I couldn't get a safe line through it, was a massive puddle

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
Just did a small practise race (offline) and found a new 'aqua-planning' spot which I did not see during my training sessions!

Just before the right turn exiting the chicane on the mid-oval section. Can anybody confirm or deny the existence during online practise?
Cause I couldn't get a safe line through it, was a massive puddle
I can confirm. I'm afraid for this race xD

What lap times are you guys doing during thunderstorm?

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Sorry fellas, I won't be able to race tonight. Just had one of my Wisdom teeth explode on me :dead:... going to the Dentist to get the rest removed now and won't be back in time to race. Not that I'll be in any shape to race. GLA tonight.

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

Chris Starsmore

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 28, 2015
Just letting you know I’m not racing tonight, work has killed me this week and I will fall asleep at the wheel. So I am not racing Daytona. Good luck for tonight GTE drivers, FORZA FERRARI!!

Doc

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
Won't be racing tonight extremely ill and don't want to have a coughing fit whilst in traffic and take out a gte :p

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@Col.McCoy you're talking about the huge puddle in the Busstop?
Yeah it will come and grow!!!! :rofl:

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
So yeah, just did my last practise run... and if that puddle in the busstop keeps growing... and especially the puddle before entering the oval... I'm afraid I would consider that 'red flag' scenario..... but what the hell.. it's the last race, lets have some fun!
Just not hoping anybody enforcing tracklimits during the thunderstorm haha :D

Albe97ful

Formula Karter
Feb 2, 2018
@Albe97ful man????? where did you disappear????
My internet went down for just enough time to get disconnected.
Such a shame, I didn't know if I was gonna race until 1 hour to the race. I was driving with a friend's wheel wich I'm not used to it and I was surprised to be that fast.
Unfortunate to end the race like that.

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
Really happy with the result, didn't spin really at any point, few times I out braked myself. First ever podium, a bit bad luck on others side, but 3rd place is third place :happy:

Reactions: D.Brezancic

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
Quali 3rd with a time i didnt expected...
and only needed to finish top 5 to end up 3rd behind my teammate @AndrexUK for the championship...

Unlucky for me @LeoNTheSickOne was a bit too safe on braking and i touched him twiche...
My bad and sorry...
5 Damage and 5-8 kph lost...

And as the rain started my pit crew didnt gave me wet tires... so i pit again and again no tires... after that i called it a day...
So i'll drop in the championship instead of making it a DuRex 2/3 end....
With no dmg and my pit giving me Wet tires... a top 3 finish maybe a 2nd place again after leon was part of a huge crash was in it...
My setup was made to be good in the wet and i was able to keep up in the dry...
Hours of work screwed again...

I'm so sick of this game... :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

But anyway
Nice fighting @WarnTyre and @LeoNTheSickOne
Atleast i had fun batteling you

Some LMPs were driving like mad again what left me with a bad taste but overall a fun track and weather combo with nice battles and a BMW what is actuall able to keep up now.

Tudesertpac

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Some people need to stop complaining so much in discord :D other than that the race was fun as hell. Thank you to everyone!

Ps: poor @AndrexUK i saw you getting straight through the corner without getting your car turned for just 1 cm haha

• Agree
Reactions: DerChris

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
And as the rain started my pit crew didnt gave me wet tires... so i pit again and again no tires... after that i called it a day...
In pit strategy, did you set change tires to All or to Recommended? I think you might've set it to Recommended and the pit crew won't change tires then until they've reached a certain decline. I could be wrong though, think i've read it somewhere on the official forums.

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
I am at the moment reviewing the track limits in bus stop specifically, first dry stint only.... I took at the first lap racing and I'm NOT noting down the cases where 'maybe' 2 wheels are 'still' touching the white lines..

I'll do the top 5, including myself, and I'm afraid of the result (not for myself btw ;-) )

EDIT: so this is gonna have a massive impact I'm afraid... on forehand, I would like to make clear that in my oppinion there has been a lack of information how to drive Daytona Road Course (if the white lines are the limit)... BUT on the other hand, as we have always used the white lines as the limit, it's also the responsibility of the driver to get clearity over corners where the white lines and curbs are 'further from each other, or bigger'

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Hetharion

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Tier 2 Champion
Oct 12, 2016
Wow... As I haven't been too active on the forum lately, I missed out on the weather discussion. Good arguments left and right, but in the end, I think AOR endurance racing is more about having fun than racing professionaly imo. As long as we all race cleanly, everybody can race as professionaly as he or she wishes. I might be a very good example of someone who doesn't take it too seriously but still enjoy fair and clean racing:

As I wasn't able to find the time or energy to practice a lot, I thought it would suffice to practice just before the race. Having raced on this track before, it would be all about setting up the car according to the weather and time of day. Then work reared it's ugly head and I got home 40 minutes before the planned start of the race. It was at this time I found out about the weather, so I used what little time I had to set the car up for wet conditions. When qualy started, I did a few laps on softs and tweaked accordingly. The car felt very good in wet and I was confident this was going to be a good race. In the second lap, though, windows decided I should take a look at the desktop instead, while PC2 ignored my futile attempt to stop the car. While enjoying the sound of the car crashing into the wall at full speed, I was able to switch back to the game and admire the damage done. Fortunately, I was able to limp back to the pit lane (thank god/cod for performance impact (y)). While the car was being lifted up I realized my default stop was configured to change to wet tyres :banghead:. So after one lap on wet tyres, I went in again to change to softs as I heard the other GT3's lap me. At this point I knew I had no chance at a podium and was hoping for the rain to start late, so I could maybe skip the otherwise inevitable last refueling stop. Unfortunately the rain fell as expected and the softs were useless with around 15-20 liters of fuel left. Once on wet tyres it took me quite some laps to redetermine the brake points and the handling of the car at turn-in ''what's with all these GTE's hurling themselves off the track?" :rofl:. When I had settled into a steady rhythm, it was all about 'un-lapping' myself and taking advantage of other drivers' mistakes. In the final minutes I even managed to overtake my teammate @S4Howie, who was desperately trying to save fuel as he performed a one-stop race, crossing the line with 0.2 liters left :woot:.

In conclusion: This was a very demanding race with a (for me, at least) terrible start but I still enjoyed adapting to the changing circumstances on-the-fly and I think part of the fun of endurance racing lies in dealing with unforeseen situations. Thanks for racing and see you in Le Mans! :D

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
@S4Howie, who was desperately trying to save fuel as he performed a one-stop race, crossing the line with 0.2 liters left :woot:.
So that's why he was so slow. I decided that I can't save over ten litres, so I pitted for a splash.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I would like to make clear that in my oppinion there has been a lack of information how to drive Daytona Road Course (if the white lines are the limit)... BUT on the other hand, as we have always used the white lines as the limit, it's also the responsibility of the driver to get clearity over corners where the white lines and curbs are 'further from each other, or bigger'
There was a 10 min driver briefing from @AndrexUK in Discord just as we were about to go into qually. He said and I quote "White lines at all times" and I'm pretty sure he clarified that the busstop wasn't an exeption. That should be clarity enough, really.

But I agree, it did seem that people didn't get the memo anyhow. During the LMP2 qually I spectated the polesitter on his pole lap. He extended T4 and pretty cut the whole bus stop chicane aswell. His pole lap was 1 second faster than P2. I would take it to the stewards but I didn't get to take any screenshots or record it, and of course I don't have the replay of the qually

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
I guess it does not matter... I'm posting a stewards inquiry now.
P1 and P2 both had about 15 busstop cuts and 5 at turn 4.
At least @Popsu was easy to review as he drove very cleanly

Those reviews take a lot of time, only when there is a lot to see ;-)

Last edited: