PC - AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I still don´t know exactly what happened yesterday. Without any damage I lost 1 second on the banking alone compared to everyone else although running 0/2 wings, in the wet it was even worse. Probably messed up the gearing then but it seemed fine to me when I did some practice laps before. :confused:

Also screwed up my strategy, didn´t take wets during the first pitstop as I thought the rain would arrive much later, around the 1 hour mark. But right when the fuel was going into the car, first drops appeared on the windscreen. :facepalm:

Big thanks to @AndrexUK and @Raigore setting up another season of this league. (Strongly hoping for a sequel!)
It´s a shame that we lost quite a bit of attendance again in both fields throughout the season. But nevertheless it was a lot of fun once more and I for myself learned a lot driving in the LMP field for the first time. It is a really tough challenge to get through all these races without any troubles and therefore big congrats to @Jamoobaldy and @DiHeidi for taking the championships in a very impressive manner.

And of course thanks to @King-kodiak for the awesome commentaries all along. As Andrex was saying, it hieves the whole league to another level which is simply great!

Thanks to everyone who attended regularly and see you (hopefully) next season.

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
W
So that's why he was so slow. I decided that I can't save over ten litres, so I pitted for a splash.
Was this in the GTE class? I decided for a 1 pit stop strategy aswell after i was involved with the crash of Storm. I think i saved somewhat near 15 litres of fuel in the end. I stayed out on the wets with slicks for 5-7 laps when the first raindrop fell i think. Was absolutely absurd saving that much fuel haha. 0.0 litres at the finnish line :O However i had to do an extra pitstop for repairs tho

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
In pit strategy, did you set change tires to All or to Recommended? I think you might've set it to Recommended and the pit crew won't change tires then until they've reached a certain decline. I could be wrong though, think i've read it somewhere on the official forums.
I set it to Wet tires not recommanded : ALL-> Wett....:cautious:

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
@LeoNTheSickOne Yes was in GTE with the M6. I pitted in second lap when it started to rain,it was about 1h10min left then.Then i drove with lean mix.At 20 mins left i had 20 liters left.I was fighting myself wheter to slow down or take a few more liters fast. I made the wrong decesion then and stayed out and slow down even more. I lost 3 position in the end because i was just roling the last laps :banghead:. And i needed to have the leader pass me to end the race before the line cause i was not able to do another lap. I was happy it didnt lead to a crash beeing so slow in the end for the others.All in all not a prober strategie.Way to risky.

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@S4Howie does the "lean" nix now work?
What i remeber it was only shortening your RPM maximum and you're never at the end of it in the BMW anyway...

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
@DaWu i really felt like it worked but my telemetrie didnt record really so i cant give a proof.
But from what i felt,it was a differnce of 5 km/h from rich to normal to lean in top speed without any draft.So in rain i was at 265 topspeed in rich,260 in normal and 255 in lean. i also felt the tc did sound different in lean than in rich when it cuts the engine. I really had the impression it needs to cut less power. Stupidly i realize now i didnt take a look at the poweroutput while driving.I was just about my fuel all the time, counting down the minutes and fearing the point where there will be less liters than minutes left :blackeye:

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
@DaWu i really felt like it worked but my telemetrie didnt record really so i cant give a proof.
But from what i felt,it was a differnce of 5 km/h from rich to normal to lean in top speed without any draft.So in rain i was at 265 topspeed in rich,260 in normal and 255 in lean. i also felt the tc did sound different in lean than in rich when it cuts the engine. I really had the impression it needs to cut less power. Stupidly i realize now i didnt take a look at the poweroutput while driving.I was just about my fuel all the time, counting down the minutes and fearing the point where there will be less liters than minutes left :blackeye:
What i noticed from testing is that you are faster with rich fuel and by manually saving fuel. So i gained the same top speed as if i would not have fuel saved. But i still saved more fuel than on lean. So a combination of early shifting and coasting before braking gives you the best laptimes. I could do 1.56 times with this strategy and 2.35 litres of fuel each lap. Essentially saving 0.4-0.5 litres of fuel per lap and not sacrificing more than 0.5 second-1 second a lap

• Winner
Reactions: S4Howie and DaWu

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
My fuel usage in Ferrari was, 2.5-2.6 litres per lap. As the rain started a bit too soo, 10 or so minutes, I had to pit for fuel. But it wasn't too bad.

Hetharion

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Tier 2 Champion
Oct 12, 2016
As far as I know setting the mixture to lean only impacts full throttle. The green bar indicating throttle position won't fill up completely when set to lean.

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
As far as I know setting the mixture to lean only impacts full throttle. The green bar indicating throttle position won't fill up completely when set to lean.
Mate you telling me my feelings worth nothing then :notworthy: Haha see you on Sunday 26th ;)

Sadly my Tom Shanes profiler didnt record the data right from the race.It would been interesting to see now the fuel consumption data.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Good evening everybody ! I hope you're doing well !

First of all sorry for all the contacts and the dangerous driving at some points of the race, very unusual from me, even though every single one was not intentional of course. I say sorry to @N1kmido and Domino for the contact.

Then obviously congrats to @F4H Jaaames28 for the win in the LMP2 cars. Such a shame I had a black cat in the car. 3 problems in 5 races, 2 of them led me to retirement, and I was still able to challenge him until the end, but no way I could have made it.

Still, I'm not making this post for nothing. I remember that many people couldn't find the lobby. They needed to get invited.
And I also remember that many people had their cars totally different to what they had had while practising for this race. I would say I'm the first to be really surprised by the lack of pace I had during the race, I had a rain setup and still I was like 2 seconds slower per lap to the target. x)

So I would like to start searching about the subject, as it's not the first time I've heard about the issue, that happened to me at round 3 and all the race was much harder than expected. Anyway so is there someone here that couldn't find the lobby yesterday and didn't have any problem both in the race or in qualifying ?

If there's nobody, then my theory is valid. I think that there's something about the server and so on... and there's definitely something happening when you don't find the lobby. Maybe a host incompatibility, Idk I'm still searching for this.

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
And I also remember that many people had their cars totally different to what they had had while practising for this race. I would say I'm the first to be really surprised by the lack of pace I had during the race, I had a rain setup and still I was like 2 seconds slower per lap to the target. x)
In Tier2 we had 1 driver with no puddles in busstop.So there is still a lack of synchronization of weather and livetrack for few drivers per lobby looks like.There was a photo postet in Discord pCars chat after the race.

• Informative
Reactions: DerChris

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
After reviewing the incident with James, what I thought to have happened is the good version. James moved a bit to the right, you can see it as he's stepping away from the yellow line. I didn't move to the left as I'm maintaining my line which is the same as the discontinued line on the outside part. He definitely had enough space to not hit me in my opinion.

Still, I'm not gonna ask for an investigation as it wouldn't have changed the result. :/

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
@S4Howie Are you serious ???

That's embarassing... Really. I'm quite concerned to hear this knowing SMS-R is likely to start in one and a half month.

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
Guys, it would be great if you could post your findings in this thread on the project cars forums:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62349-Car-behaving-COMPLETELY-different-in-race-vs-private-testing

There's numerous people commenting on the exact same thing, me included, that there's a difference in setup between practice sessions and race sessions. I can never get within 1 second of my laptimes between practice and race either.
I have speculated that it might have something to do with LiveTrack 3.0, now I am both happy and sad at the same time that this might indeed be the case, seeing that there's still a desync problem with it.
Please, post this information to the forums to make SMS aware of this problem. There's something going wrong in this game, and Ian Bell commented the change in difference was just caused by marbles and draft/dirty air, which I don't agree with at all and a lot of other people don't agree with either.

I could post it for you if you prefer so, but it would be great if we could have more experienced drivers posting their findings and helping in the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
What's even better is I have the proof of this issue happening in live...

I had the exact same setup between my test and the race itself. The exact same one. Nothing that has changed.

Reactions: Oblit0r

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
It would be amazing if you could post your findings to the forums.

As of now, people are still speculating it might be caused due to other things, i.e. marbles/draft/dirty air/rubber/performance related issues.
I'm quite sure none of those issues are what's causing this different behavior and difference in laptimes, now seeing that there indeed still are desync issues with LiveTrack 3.0 I think the issues are caused by a fault in LT3.0.

More and more people have joined the thread and commented about their findings and issues and it would be great to see more drivers bringing attention to these issues by joining the thread. Especially the person who experienced the desync himself, maybe he could post more screenshots/videos of the desync and help in making SMS aware of this problem so they can fix it and make the game even better.

Cheers :)

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@Oblit0r When I saw your post in projectcars forum, I did my post also (brezza nick name). I definitively have a same problem, with feels of the car in my practicing (private lobby) then in online race. More or less it is present always, Long Beach, for example, was HUGE HUGE disaster-I was sliding everywhere.
In endurance it is a lot better, but P2 car has a much more grip, so I suppose that's a reason.
I feel like my car has no good contact with asphalt, so everythings is kind of loose, sluggish, inefficient braking, lost traction, sliding (oversteer/understeer), steering provokes oversteer in corners and in most races it was fighting with car not driving (somehow Dubai and Silverstone were kind of not bad, but still different).

Reactions: Oblit0r