PC - AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
@Oblit0r When I saw your post in projectcars forum, I did my post also (brezza nick name). I definitively have a same problem, with feels of the car in my practicing (private lobby) then in online race. More or less it is present always, Long Beach, for example, was HUGE HUGE disaster-I was sliding everywhere.
In endurance it is a lot better, but P2 car has a much more grip, so I suppose that's a reason.
I feel like my car has no good contact with asphalt, so everythings is kind of loose, sluggish, inefficient braking, lost traction, sliding (oversteer/understeer), steering provokes oversteer in corners and in most races it was fighting with car not driving (somehow Dubai and Silverstone were kind of not bad, but still different).
Yep, that's how it feels for me aswell. Sometimes the car doesn't feel too bad, a lot of times it does. It's like you have to re-learn how to drive the car during the race, lol.
It causes dangerous situations, especially during the first laps when driving close to other people. Unexpected behavior during cornering, increased brake distance, difficulties to put throttle down, car just wants to skid over the track surface etc.
There's definitely an issue which some people notice more than others seem to do. Now seeing the photo of a person who had no puddle at the busstop-chicane it's quite obvious there's still issues with LiveTrack 3.0 and I strongly believe the issues regarding difference in handling are also related to it.

Thanks for posting your findings!

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@Oblit0r Agree with you totally. I was kind of happy thats not the only my issue, finally. I was googling around but not luck until after zuhai race a few days ago.
Weird thing is that is happening to some people and not for others, that's the worst.
I had the same feeling in pcars1, both gt3 and endurance season, and hoped it will be ok in pcars2. sadly :(

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
I have always had this problem, and in a post-race of one of the pre-season races I had also mentioned this problem, a problem that I have always had during the championship but not in all the races, I do not remember, maybe lemans I had notproblems (a daytona the car was untraceable in the wet, while in my tests was glued to the asphalt). Now I thought it was a problem only mine so I accepted my problem without continuing to point out the problem.

passing to the compliments I would like to say thank you to @Raigore and @AndrexUK for this fantastic championship. It was a lot of fun and exciting. Explanations to @AndrexUK who deserved to play the title to the final race. His ability to save fuel is unique, incredible work especially at road america where I think he pulled the rabbit out of the hat, I was convinced after my mistake to still be able to return to the race, but he saved more than 20litri (from my tests with the bmw) making even a single pistop and winning a deserved victory. also to the usual guys in lmp2 @N1kmido @Col.McCoy @Doc @Niclas Domino but also to some drivers of tx3, especially @Endless who have managed the lapping phase in a perfect way. I apologize to the boy who had broken headlights (I do not remember who he was) I saw you coming to the last and with the difficulties I had in keeping the car straight I could not give you a 100% safe space ... forgive me ... while others do not have patience and some have paid the consequences, maybe with a 360 ° because he preferred to go to a pool of water instead of waiting a few more seconds behind me, but so he lost a lot more.

Thanks you at all!

• Friendly
Reactions: N1kmido and Oblit0r

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well i couldnt even do a quali lap in tier 2 lobby my backend was so lose it was overtaking me yet in a private online lobby same settings same fuel load and all that jazz i had no issues
as for the race i was 2 seconds slower than what i was when doing a run in the private lobby but when you say anything on the forum it falls on deaf ears it was the same with pcars 1
and dont get me started on pitstops when it still puts wrong tires or no tires on

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
well i couldnt even do a quali lap in tier 2 lobby my backend was so lose it was overtaking me yet in a private online lobby same settings same fuel load and all that jazz i had no issues
as for the race i was 2 seconds slower than what i was when doing a run in the private lobby but when you say anything on the forum it falls on deaf ears it was the same with pcars 1
and dont get me started on pitstops when it still puts wrong tires or no tires on
I agree. Some people seem to "protect" Project Cars instead of dealing with issues objectively. That's why it would be helpful if more people would join the discussion and make SMS aware there's an actual issue.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
For me it's down to the servers. James had the same issue and he couldn't find the lobby basically. I did too. I had to join one of my friends to be in the lobby. Strangely it had also happened in round 3, and I had issues.

So I really think the issue comes from the server, and maybe the amount of people in the lobby. I'm still guessing at the moment tbh.

However the pCars forums still consider my account as too new so they don't allow me to post links or email adresses. f*** x)

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
It may also have to do with the problem indeed.
I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but seeing that someone drove on a track where there was no puddle at the busstop chicane while for others there was, it sort of confirms people are still driving on different tracks.
I've created a thread a while back about desync, in Patch 3.0 era, where you can clearly see there were was a massive bug. Especially the 2nd video, read the timestamps below it.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58036-Multiplayer-weather-sync-issues

I think they did not fix this bug entirely and it's still in the game, but that it's not limited to a desync in weather only but a desync in LiveTrack 3.0 as a whole. I assume that's why some people do notice a difference in handling/laptimes and some don't. But I have no clear evidence to prove it xD
The fact that so many people experience the same thing is quite telling there's still something not entirely right in the game.

Also, I've taken the liberty to post the link for you, if you don't mind ofcourse.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, I had a strange one!
I was doing some laps at a light rain at Hock.
Decided to sit in the pits for a while to let the track pick up some water (rather than getting a false feelings due to the track starting dry.
Sat for quite a while (got distracted), cam back, did some laps, and there were some fairly large puddles around the track.
Cam into garage, changed a couple of things, went straight back out.... no puddles... anywhere....

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Tier 1 points updated!

Grats to both @F4H Jaaames28 + @DiHeidi

James taking 2 wins, 2 2nd's, and 1 3rd! Mighty performance to take the LMP crown! can't be bad to have a 3rd as your worst finish!!!
And DiHeidi winning all but 1 race in the GTE's - Pure dominance!

@FisiFan91 would you be kind enough to give these guys a 'Endurance LMP / GTE Champion' badge please?

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Tier 1 points updated!

James taking 2 wins, 2 2nd's, and 1 3rd! Mighty performance to take the LMP crown! can't be bad to have a 3rd as your worst finish!!!

@FisiFan91 would you be kind enough to give these guys a 'Endurance LMP / GTE Champion' badge please?
In a season(or at least this thread)with the whole external team thing-may I suggest,at least for future seasons,that @N1kmido and @AndrexUK get special recommendation as top "privateer" as such.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Btw I recently watched the stream and I have to disagree with @Doc regarding the Ligier P2s. I drove the Judd this season and I´m pretty convinced that it is on equal performance compared to the Nissan -> same power output + same weight.

The Honda is heavier and therefore a tiny bit more sluggish through corners. IIRC it is turbocharged so it also manages acceleration out of slow corners a little bit worse than the other two but should have a good advantage on high altitude.

Doc

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
At the end of the day for me personally and my driving style, the same for @Niclas Domino from our original testing the Judd just wasn't comparable to the other two cars. It was a personal answer and not said or meant to be fact. I apologize if that wasn't clear :p

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Tier 1 points updated!

Gave them a title. Congrats guys! @F4H Jaaames28 @DiHeidi

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
so when we doing the next season? :p