PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 1 - Daytona International Speedway - 06/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 1 - Daytona International Speedway - 06/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014

ROUND 1 - 2.4 Hours of Daytona Road

Event Information:
Date: Saturday 06 October 2018
Lobby opens: 6.30 UK-time
● Event starts: 6:45 UK-time
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 20 minutes (10 minutes for each class)
- Race: 2 hours 25 minutes (formation lap included)

● Weather Conditions (Progression: Real Time):
- See Weather Centre

● In-game time-of-day information (Progression: x10):
- Qualifying time: 27/02/18 13:00**
- Race start time: 27/02/18 14:00**

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
- @F4H_Green
- @Noxvi
Uninformed no show:
-

Last edited:

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
these weather conditions, along with the long straights mean my tyres begin to freeze after about two laps lol. Gonna be a very interesting race

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Race calendar said 27 Jan 2018 and this OP says 27 Feb 2018 - which one is it?

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Race calendar said 27 Jan 2018 and this OP says 27 Feb 2018 - which one is it?
it is February 27th for the time being. The temperatures are wrong in game for Florida which we discovered about 3 weeks after the graphic was made. We're still finalizing the exact date, but its a fairly safe bet for the 27th of February as that gives realistic conditions for Florida in late January

• Useful
Reactions: jam_my21

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014

Alright guys, few things we should discuss about Daytona as a track in regards to multi-class racing. First and foremost the banking. I cannot stress this enough, GTEs please STAY LOW when a LMP1 approaches. It makes everyone's life easier for the prototypes to take the high line. Prototypes, please be careful when lapping into the bus stop and T1. We will be carrying speeds in excess of 300kph into these corners, when some GTE's might be 30-40 kph slower on entry along, not even considering the apex speeds. It is always better to be cautious, especially when the race is 2 and a half hours nearly. The infield section can be a little dangerous for lapping, so for P1's feel free to use your lights to communicate with the cars around you. Try to avoid being side by side through the fast left with our GTE friends, as for them its an actual corner (albeit flat) rather than a slight annoyance for us. Pit exit is tough, watch the grass and the wall, I would recommend practicing it on cold tyres and in the wet just to get a good feel for it. Pit entry: just don't get yourself DQ'd. Coming off that banking we'll all be flying and that line sneaks up on you. If you have significant damage (i.e. suspension) and are returning to the pits, try to stay on the apron of the banking sections. This will allow the GTE's to take their low line still, and it just makes sure you're out of the way.

Finally, just be mindful the frame rate gets dodgy around dusk. There's a lot going on visually with this track and the setting sun will cause some issues so be prepared for that. I would highly recommend everyone check out this THREAD by @Yorkie065, who is our resident SMS employee and is racing in the PC league. He gives a very good run through on behaviours on track for endurance racing, and while our field is much smaller than the PC guys, the points remain the same. For anyone wondering about lap times, here is the PC stream from earlier this month.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
I did some practice yesterday night and today and the car feels pretty crap in these conditions in the dry it's pretty good but in the rain at night it will get down to 10°C track temp and my tyres are struggling for temperatures a lot of understeer everywhere and lock ups, really not fun to drive in these conditions. My tyres get down to 28°C which is crazy and they can't heat up because of a lot of straights. I wish we could adjust brake ducts and downforce in the pits it would make it much easier.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
I did some practice yesterday night and today and the car feels pretty crap in these conditions in the dry it's pretty good but in the rain at night it will get down to 10°C track temp and my tyres are struggling for temperatures a lot of understeer everywhere and lock ups, really not fun to drive in these conditions. My tyres get down to 28°C which is crazy and they can't heat up because of a lot of straights. I wish we could adjust brake ducts and downforce in the pits it would make it much easier.
Agreed......but that;s what make's it interesting.

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Having the same problems, my tires are stone cold after a few laps even in the dry. Think it’s mostly cos the race is in January/February in game for some reason :/

Reactions: Noxvi

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
did some practice earlier tonight with Jake and had some AI out there. All we did was our first stint. For the LMP1 guys wondering about lap times Jake got stuck behind the Audi Le Mans AI which hits 343 on the straights so his run got a little compromised. Track temps were 17 with air temps at 11 before the rain started to fall as we approached the pit window. With the weather set the way it is, the Audis could get screwed and have to make 2 stops if its a quick transition
dayona practice.jpg

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Will be practicing tonight and I’ll get an idea of times. But I just need time running in the conditions. It’s hard but it’s the same for everyone so it will make it very interesting....very excited for this weekend!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
1st practice tonight around 19:00 bst - any takers?