PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 1 - Daytona International Speedway - 06/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 1 - Daytona International Speedway - 06/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Bad luck mate and it sounds like your lobby had a bad night, I got DSQ from the lead by my dodgy wheel :cry:w

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
You Have been Disconnected From The Playstation Network. Thts what it said noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I need to check my replay as if I was over the limit it was only for a spilt sec and not by more than 5mph but got stung by a 50sec pen, I would have taken it to the stewards after the race to try and have it reduced like s few guys did last season, pitted again later on and clipped the wrong button half way down the pit lane and just creeped over the limit but because I had a 50sec pen it instantly DSQ me :cry: shame as I did a 42.1 in quail and was driving safe in the race

Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
But it's only a game and I'm glad I signed up late and only did a few hours practice other wise I would have been a little p****d if I'd put the work in

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Race rundown.
P2 made a pit error and the team didn't change tyres on my first stop which cost the chance to battle @bax and another pit stop where I had to make the stop because of my fuel which was low and the track was to wet for dry tyres. So 2 unnecessary pitstops today cost me a chance at the win.

But I'll take P2

Reactions: Slicker and bax

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
great racing with @FSR_FrankForest & @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL early on and then later again with @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL - very close for many laps - @Jarryd Vermeulen you were lucky i stuffed my pit strategy as well - only put 30 l in at 2nd stop, needed 50, so had to do a 'splash and dash' with 10 mins to go - other than that and a few silly spins had a great race - really enjoyed it.

big shame with all the dcs - hope it goes better next time

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Run out of fuel at the end of lap 92. Couldn't make to pitstop any more (as my spot was too far on pit straight). So I just let it car to roll as long it rolls and it stop on first corner (on lap 93).
I had only one incident at the race which was most likely by the lagging when Bcolt was lapping me and he sent me to air spin and to the wall.
Few close calls when lapping GTEs but all went just fine - well done!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
my stream from tonight:-

Reactions: bax

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
Was a good race.
1.41 high in qualy, not my best but was enough to be the first GTE.... first surprise for me
In race immediately I started gaining maybe half a second every lap on Jarryd... second surprise :)
With the rain I was OK but Jarryd was closing the gap between us, slowly but costantly
When the rain finished, but the track was not dry, I had to pit because out of fuel. Some slow lap, then a big mistake at the bus chicane... crash into the wall, 15 damage on front left suspension and other damages. :eek: another 360° one lap later.
20 min to the end of the race... I was throwing away the victory for a single serious mistake. I was not able to estimate the gap between me and Jarryd: the game said I had 10 seconds advantage but his white dot did not appear on the map... so I decided not to pit to repair.
The car was not bad on dry conditions, top speed was lower but I was still lapping "only" 2-3s slower than before (the rain).
I was certainly lucky because Jarryd and other drivers did their mistakes, saving me... and I won.

Happy :love:

Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
That was a lot of fun! Qualified P7 and the first few laps, I struggled trying to keep the car on the track. Had a great battle with @FSR_FrankForest and my teammate @Slicker in the first 15 min. Slowly got left behind but because others made mistakes I caught up again.

I went with high wings today and that cost me a lot of top speed. Lesson learned. When the rain came, I was more comfortable with the car before changing to wets. For some reason the car seemed to work better as the temp dropped and as the sun went down. Started catching some people then pit for wets. Those were a struggle for about 5-7 laps and @Slicker was catching me a few seconds a lap. It was bad. As he passed me, I found grip and time and was able to keep up. That triggered an amazing gap battle between us. We were so close for a good 45 min at least.

As the sun started to come up, I caught up to @Slicker aftwr he made a mistake and I was right on his tail inches away from him at points into braking zones. That was real fun especially with the sun and reflections on track, etc. With 35 minutes to go, I had to pit for fuel and didn’t know whether to stay on wets or go to slicks. Noticed the track wasn’t drying that fast so took a gamble and stayed on wets. Wrong call.

After a few laps car felt great and thought everything was fine. Up to second place and thought it was in the bag. Roughly 25 minutes to go and felt the track drying too quickly then I knew I screwed up. Going into 5/6 the right right hander I locked up couldn’t get the car stopped and hit the wall hard getting 17 damage to suspension front left and some aero damage. Pit for repairs and made it home in 4th.

Real shame I did that since I had no penalties all race and had no spins or crashes until that point. That being said, I was super proud of myself for the first 2 hours for driving very cleanly and had tons of fun. I think this championship will be one of my favorites I’ve competed in and can’t wait for Monza!

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Really happy to take the overall win. LMP1 was mega competitive before the disconnects as I knew I was going to have to make an extra stop. GTEs were good for the most part, had a couple hairy moments but managed to not take any damage and only 1 penalty in 2.4 hours was quite good for me. Can't wait Monza in a couple weeks

• Winner
Reactions: Slicker and bax

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Got disconnected in qualifying, managed to rejoin but set a lap over a second slower than my lap pre dsc. then forgot to change to my race setup so had 6L of fuel at the start, and 0% radiator so engine wear was bad. Had to pit on lap 2 for fuel, then the gap went anywhere from 56-48 secs between the leader and slowly caught those ahead of me. Sorry to any gte’s I over-aggressively lapped I was just trying to make up as much ground as possible, think there were a few misreadings on the bankings. Then got disconnected. Very disappointed with myself

• Surprised
Reactions: bax