PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 1 - Daytona International Speedway - 06/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 1 - Daytona International Speedway - 06/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
just one small point from last night at the start - my understanding was we were to go to aor rules on formation lap, therefore odds to the left, as first corner was a left. there was a lot of confusion amongst the gtes with people on wrong side. hope this will be sorted for next race

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
just one small point from last night at the start - my understanding was we were to go to aor rules on formation lap, therefore odds to the left, as first corner was a left. there was a lot of confusion amongst the gtes with people on wrong side. hope this will be sorted for next race
I think confusion was because of me

I was the GTE poleman with 5 LMPs in front of me
AOR rules say: poleman (and odds) to le left
What about me? I was the 6th driver... so to the right... but I was also the 1st of GTE... so to the left
Why should I leave the better left position on the 2nd GTE?
I had to choose (and I think it was a shareable choice) but maybe my decision created some confusion

Hope this will be fixed for next race

Reactions: F4H_Jake

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017

What about me? I was the 6th driver... so to the right... but I was also the 1st of GTE... so to the left
I had to choose (and I think it was a shareable choice) but maybe my decision created some confusion

Those are the AOR rules and for some tracks they suit the pole man and others than don't.. next time it is best to keep to it...as we all are use to it and it caused issues at the back.

I was unsure of what was happening myself but lucky I went to the left of you. But 3rd was confused and 4th as well I could see behind me and guys looked out of place all over the grid.

But no harm no faul congrats on the win.

• Clever
Reactions: bax

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Right time for my race report.

Qualifying: Pole (1:26.220)
Pretty much a perfect lap given the conditions and only have 10 minutes to do it. Don't think others in the class had their cars set up correctly for this session as I was running 0 on the brake ducts and radiator for quali which certainly contributed to a 2 second gap to the others.

Race: 1st (93 laps)
Was an incredibly fun race despite what may have seemed like a lonely race. First stint was critical for me, as I knew the Audi couldn't go as far as the Porsche and Toyota and I would need 2 stops to get to the wets. As the stint was unfolding it looked like we were on for a 4-way fight for the win in LMP1 once the stops took place. Fortunately I built a healthy lead early and was able to maintain a gap, having about 30 seconds to Jake once everyone put the wets on. Middle of the race was tough on the stress levels. I knew Jake was quicker in the Porsche and I was struggling making my way through the GTEs, just constantly catching people in the wrong places. Had a minor heart attack when I caught @bax recovering to the track at turn 1 and came to a complete stop in the middle of the road to avoid damage. A few other small moments with some other guys saw my gap drop to about 10 seconds before Jake's 2nd stop and my 3rd. Fortunately, the luck with GTEs returned my way and the gap started to extend back out to 20 seconds before Jake had an incident with a GTE crashing in front of him. Had an unfortunate lag incident with @jam_my21 late in the race. Not sure what happened but as I was lapping him it looked like he bounced off the back of my rear right. Other than that I didn't notice much lag but I'll touch more on that later. Final half hour was a grind, was tough to stay focused with a lead of about a minute and knowing both cars behind likely had damage. In the wet the 3 of us were very equal, but in the dry the Audi just had a little too much for the other guys this time.

For me my drivers of the day were jam_my in LMP1 and @Jarryd Vermeulen in GTE. Both guys took massively under-powered cars that should've struggled on a track like Daytona and put together a fantastic race.

Now for the lobby. I can only apologize to everyone who had issues yesterday, whether it was lag or a disconnection. Jake's connection is decent but no where near what Harry's is, who will be our host when he is here. We have quite a diverse grid with some people in Italy, a few in the UK, and having others from Finland, Netherlands and 2 guys from different continents. Its never going to be perfect in terms of lag with a spread like that, however we won't have anywhere near the issues we had yesterday with Harry as our host,

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

i think you should have taken 6th position on the right as the rules are pretty clear - i understand your thinking but you should have clarified that pre-race if you were planning to change side. could have caused major issues, but due to respectful driving we all got through ok

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Yes I was super confused which is why I was on the right then left at the last second, I had no idea what was going on. So I’m sorry if I added to it but I believe the problem was further up the grid

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
In the future, GTEs line up separately from the P1s. Pole in GTE gets to treat the race start like the LMP1 pole sitter. Odds in P1 and GTE should always be lined up, likewise with even places. So no matter what in Monza, LMP1 and GTE odd positions will be on the right hand side

Reactions: bax

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
i think you should have taken 6th position on the right as the rules are pretty clear - i understand your thinking but you should have clarified that pre-race if you were planning to change side. could have caused major issues, but due to respectful driving we all got through ok
thing is.. I was not planning to have the fastest laptime :D so had only 2-3 minutes to choose wich side or to clarify with host/admin
I chose the most reasonable thing, although apparently selfishly, but I understand this could have caused major issues and I apologize for this

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
In the future, GTEs line up separately from the P1s. Pole in GTE gets to treat the race start like the LMP1 pole sitter. Odds in P1 and GTE should always be lined up, likewise with even places. So no matter what in Monza, LMP1 and GTE odd positions will be on the right hand side
so we go by position in class, then, rather than overall position? ( just to be clear)

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
This Race, maybe should of been re-run ! :unsure:reading the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: FN-LEW187