PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 2 - 2 Hours of Monza - 20/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 2 - 2 Hours of Monza - 20/10/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
...i was very lucky at the end, 1.4 litres of fuel left as i crossed the line just before @Bcolt93 finished - fortunately, bax just behind bcolt so couldn't overtake me - phewwww!!! would have been gutted to lose that after leading the whole race
mmmhhhhhh..... your live stream shows you were out of fuel in the final lap.... so you did not finished the race because of fuel (as I expected) and not because of too short time to end (sometimes PJC2 do not calculate in the right way the time to complete the race)
I had 1 liter too (lol) waiting in the pit entry for @Bcolt93 to pass and finish the race...

So... I finished the race with 1 liter fuel... you did not :devilish: (because out of fuel)

Was really a challenge, 2 hours behind you, few seconds... not able to catch you... always there in front of me like the carrot for the donkey, who never takes it :ROFLMAO:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I guess I'll write a race report.

Quali: Pole (1:27.590)
Surprising lap time tbh, lap didn't feel that great but Audi OP in quali. Forgot to change the tyres on the right side of the car so I did qualifying with softs on the left and hards on the right of the car.

Race: 1st (78 Laps)
Not much to really say. @jam_my21 kept me honest in the first stint, he really impressed me again with his pace in the Toyota. Had about a 20 second gap but I was under the impression I would have to do an extra stop so I was a little on edge. Not sure what happened in the stops, but I came out a lap up and Lew was gone, so at that point I knew the race was over so long as I kept my nose clean. Had a couple dicey moments into T1 with the Porsche GTEs, misjudged the braking on both occasions which resulted in some frightening spins. Fortunately no damage either time. Rest of the race was just trying to keep myself entertained and not check instagram/snapchat. Kept a close eye on the GTE battles as I was going because there wasn't much else to do, and was just trying not to ruin anyone's race even though there were a few close calls. Managed to actually slow down enough this time for the chequered flag, couldn't be asked to do another lap.

Driver of the Day for me was @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL, incredible drive back to P3 from where I saw you on L2/3. Not sure what happened on L1 with the GTEs but hopefully people are a little more cautious next time out in Spa. I think today was a reminder that a race can be lost on L1, as the field was extremely close.

Reactions: jam_my21

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
I guess I'll write a race report.
Driver of the Day for me was @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL, incredible drive back to P3 from where I saw you on L2/3. Not sure what happened on L1 with the GTEs but hopefully people are a little more cautious next time out in Spa. I think today was a reminder that a race can be lost on L1, as the field was extremely close.
ah ah, you really don't like to give the DotD title to the race winner :LOL:

For me DotD was Slicker, able to start from the pole in a track where starting from there is really important, and able to stay focused for 2 hours, not making any mistakes... knowing that as soon as you make one your "shadow" opponent (3-4s behind you) can 'overcome you and compromise your race, your final result.

Reactions: Slicker

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Pretty crap and boring race tbh :/
Qualified 3rd and was happy, a collision at the lesmos spun me around and gave me damage, then at Ascari the other guys had a crash (thankfully I wasn't the only one going in the pits) i had my fix damage turned off in the pit strategy so when I turned it on i forgot to switch it so it wouldn't change tyres so I wasted 15 seconds more in the pits. The it was just driving till the next stop very uneventful until @jam_my21 decided to go up my inside at ascari he made me run on the gravel thankfully no damage (LMP 1s need to know that they need to leave the space and not dive from 20m back it's very unenjoyable otherwise) later at the second chicane he tries to go up the inside of @FSR_FrankForest and hits him from the back I couldn't avoid it and I clipped the Toyota suspension damage (which I had to drive with for the rest of the race). Went to the pits to fix the aero damage after a few laps because I was losing 2 seconds per lap with it. After the pitstops @bax was Infront of me for the rest of that stint was faster than him but he didn't want to let me unlap myself. For the last stint I only fueled up with 30 liters (just enough to finish the race with 1.5 liters to spare) and if this all wasn't enough for some stupid reason I get held in the pits for 50 seconds extra my stop was over and I was trying to go but the car didn't react I don't know why a factor could be that @Dennis_Meisner behind me was doing his stop and he finished but didn't go out? Idk man but it was fucking annoying. Pretty much my race summed up hoping for better at Spa my favourite track can't wait. Finished 5th was robbed of 4th by this stupid game. Lmp1 guys need to be more chill and patient except for @Bcolt93 . Everyone is losing time so just be patient.

Last edited:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
mmmhhhhhh..... your live stream shows you were out of fuel in the final lap.... so you did not finished the race because of fuel (as I expected) and not because of too short time to end (sometimes PJC2 do not calculate in the right way the time to complete the race)
I had 1 liter too (lol) waiting in the pit entry for @Bcolt93 to pass and finish the race...

So... I finished the race with 1 liter fuel... you did not :devilish: (because out of fuel)

Was really a challenge, 2 hours behind you, few seconds... not able to catch you... always there in front of me like the carrot for the donkey, who never takes it :ROFLMAO:
ah ah, you really don't like to give the DotD title to the race winner :LOL:

For me DotD was Slicker, able to start from the pole in a track where starting from there is really important, and able to stay focused for 2 hours, not making any mistakes... knowing that as soon as you make one your "shadow" opponent (3-4s behind you) can 'overcome you and compromise your race, your final result.
thanks for that, @bax, but i tend to agree with @Bcolt93 - great recovery from @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL :) (and you didn't do too bad yourself - pressure from start to finish ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: bax

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Quali didn't go as good I hope but it didn't really matter. Race went ok until 1st pitstop. When I started 2nd stint I missed little my brakepoint on 2nd chicane and hit @FSR_FrankForest rear (very sorry for that). Same time soneone gave me bad hit to car's rear and I have make other pitstop for damage repair.
Rest of the race was kind of boring as Bcold was lap a head of me.
Edit: And as for laping GTEs it always hard to judge when it's ok to make pass and when to hold. LMP's lose time as well...

Last edited:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Quali didn't go as good I hope but it didn't really matter. Race went ok until 1st pitstop. When I started 2nd stint I missed little my brakepoint on 2nd chicane and hit @FSR_FrankForest rear (very sorry for that). Same time soneone gave me bad hit to car's rear and I have make other pitstop for damage repair.
Rest of the race was kind of boring as Bcold was lap a head of me.
Edit: And as for laping GTEs it always hard to judge when it's ok to make pass and when to hold. LMP's lose time as well...
No worries @jam_my21. Water under the bridge.

• Friendly
Reactions: jam_my21

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Just discovered the problem, my brake spring completely snapped during the race yesterday. Explains why I had to break at least 100 yards before I normally would. Think this caused me to make some horrendous dives on some gte’s into the first two chicanes but didn’t realise what the problem was otherwise i’d have completely backed out. Sorry to anyone I hadn’t incidents with but I was clueless to my problems

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
If any of the GTE drivers have any video from the first lap skirmish I would like to see it please.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
You clearly see me in your mirrors here but still decide to try and make the chicane even tho it's more dangerous, should have just cut it I lost a heap of positions bc of this and made me get involved in another incident.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
You clearly see me in your mirrors here but still decide to try and make the chicane even tho it's more dangerous, should have just cut it I lost a heap of positions bc of this and made me get involved in another incident.
Sorry I wanted to stay within track limits? Tbh it looked like you were coming in the corner pretty fast anyway. It’s just a racing incident in my view and I’m not going to get a penalty by cutting the corner for your benefit.

Reactions: Noxvi

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
Sorry I wanted to stay within track limits? Tbh it looked like you were coming in the corner pretty fast anyway. It’s just a racing incident in my view and I’m not going to get a penalty by cutting the corner for your benefit.
I was coming in the corner at the right speed but you just squeeze me on the gravel pretty unfair... It's not all about reporting and getting penalties, just be respective and aware of other cars around you.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
sorry, guys but i've had enough of this - @Noxvi, you were behind, @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL was a bit late on the brakes, but didn't leave the track and therefore had the right to make the turn, he didn't push you off track, you were responsible for avoiding him.

just my opinion (based on many years of sim-racing experience) now ffs can we just get on with the racing

Reactions: FN-LEW187 and Noxvi