PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3 Tier 1 - Car Selection | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3 Tier 1 - Car Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014

AOR PS4 Project CARS 2 Endurance League Season 3
Car / Team Registration

Teams will be made up of a maximum of 2 drivers, both driving the same car and similar livery.
Joining a team is mandatory, you must be in the same car to be a team.
If you wish to be in a team with a certain driver, the first driver must forfeit his selection until his preferred teammate's selection.
Even if driving solo, please select a car and register a team.

To register your team, please sign up using the following template. (No offensive team names please!)

Drivers will be selecting in reverse order of the Time Trial results. This is done to ensure that stronger drivers are able to make up the difference in a car that they may not neccessarily prefer, rather than punishing a driver who may not be as quick with a car they do not prefer.

As placements are still in flux with a few late sign-ups expected to come. We ask that drivers list all cars in order of most-preferred to least in the following format:
Car Preference: Manufacturer - Livery

Car Preference # 1: [Enter which car you will be using] - [livery number]
Car Preference # 2: [Enter which car you will be using] - [livery number]
Car Preference # 3: [Enter which car you will be using] - [livery number]
Car Preference # 4 (GTE): [Enter which car you will be using] - [livery number]
Car Preference # 5 (GTE): [Enter which car you will be using] - [livery number]
Car Preference # 6 (GTE): [Enter which car you will be using] - [livery number]

Selection Order:
LMP1-HY

@jam_my21
@F4H_Jake
@F4H_Green
@Bcolt93
@FN-LEW187
@VP_SirRacealot
GTE
@Slicker
@ALE2293
@Dennis_Meisner
@scld1808
@Mildenman27
@Noxvi
@FSR_FrankForest
@bax
@Jarryd Vermeulen
@friday_gtrp

Registered Teams
[TIER #]

LMP1-HY

Audi Sport Team Joest (DLC)

#8 @FN-LEW187

Porsche Team (DLC)

#1 @Dennis_Meisner

#2 @FSR_FrankForest

Toyota Gazoo Racing(DLC)

#5 @jam_my21

GTE

Aston Martin Racing GTE

#97 Aston Martin Racing

#99 Aston Martin Racing

BMW M6 GT LM

#25 BMW Team RLL @Jarryd Vermeulen

#100 BMW Sport Team RLL

Chevrolet Corvette C7.6

#63 Corvette Racing

#64 Corvette Racing @bax

Ferrari 488 GTE

#51 AF Corse Team

#71 AF Corse Team @Noxvi

Ford GT LM GTE

#66 Ford Ganassi Racing @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

#67 Ford Ganassi Racing @Slicker

Porsche 911 RSR GTE

#91 Porsche Racing

#92 Porsche Racing @ALE2293

Last edited by a moderator:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Car Preference # 1: Audi - 7
Car Preference # 2: Toyota - 5
Car Preference # 3: Porsche - 2

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016
Car Preference 1: Porsche #1
Car Preference 2: Toyota #5
Car Preference 3: Audi #7

Mildenman27

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Aug 6, 2018
Car Preference # 1: Porsche 911 RSR #91
Car Preference # 2: Ferrari 488 #51
Car Preference # 3: Ford GT #66
Car Preference # 4 (GTE): Aston Martin #99
Car Preference # 5 (GTE): Corvette #64
Car Preference # 6 (GTE): Bmw M6 #any

Last edited:

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Car Preference # 1: Toyota - 6
Car Preference # 2: Audi - 8
Car Preference # 3: Porsche - 2

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Car Preference # 1: [Ferrari 488 GTE] - [AF Corse Team #71]
Car Preference # 2: [BMW M6 GT LM] - [BMW Team RLL #25]

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Car preference # 1: Ford GT GTE livery #66
Car Preference # 2 : [Ferrari 488 GTE] #71

Last edited:

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
How’s the car selection going to work? Is it free for all or some kind of order?

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Car Preference 1: Corvette #61 (I think)
Car Preference 2: Ford GT #?
Car Preference 3: Ferrari 488 #?

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
How’s the car selection going to work? Is it free for all or some kind of order?
it is slowest to fastest. we talked about this a while back while S2 was still going and decided we wanted better racing. In season 2 there were a small handful of guys who would disappear out in front in equal machinery. The thinking this time round was while the field is relatively balanced, there are some cars that are better than others. Our preference as a team was to see a diverse field with equitable racing and we felt the best way to achieve this was let the slower drivers choose first. Its a lot more fair to have them in their preferred cars and the rapid guys in slightly slower cars than vice versa, or heaven forbid a LMP1 field consisting of 6 Audis and a GTE field of Fords and Corvettes. It may seem a little unfair to the guys who have done well thus far, but our intention is to create a great spectacle which is fun to race in.

If we encounter significant issues we may revisit the topic, but for the time this is our plan of action and we hope all can respect and accept the decision we took as a staff.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
it is slowest to fastest. we talked about this a while back while S2 was still going and decided we wanted better racing. In season 2 there were a small handful of guys who would disappear out in front in equal machinery. The thinking this time round was while the field is relatively balanced, there are some cars that are better than others. Our preference as a team was to see a diverse field with equitable racing and we felt the best way to achieve this was let the slower drivers choose first. Its a lot more fair to have them in their preferred cars and the rapid guys in slightly slower cars than vice versa, or heaven forbid a LMP1 field consisting of 6 Audis and a GTE field of Fords and Corvettes. It may seem a little unfair to the guys who have done well thus far, but our intention is to create a great spectacle which is fun to race in.

If we encounter significant issues we may revisit the topic, but for the time this is our plan of action and we hope all can respect and accept the decision we took as a staff.
Trying to manufacture close racing will result in the complete opposite happening.

Never force anything. Just let it be. If it's meant to be, it will be.

• Agree
Reactions: Slicker

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018

Yeah this is what i hoped would happen, otherwise it’ll be the fastest drivers in fastest cars which would get boring for everyone I think, but the field looks very close so it’ll be interesting to see what happens. Now means I’ll have to test all three cars though xD

Reactions: Mildenman27

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Probably my question is better asked here: If I am to jump in as reserve do I take the car of the guy I am filling in for or is the car choice free?

Ok, already answered in the other thread. :)

Reactions: Noxvi

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Probably my question is better asked here: If I am to jump in as reserve do I take the car of the guy I am filling in for or is the car choice free?
The cod team will discuss it. We're still trying to sort you out completely as we have a couple of ideas for you that we need to finalize among ourselves. I tend to lean away from the idea that you'd be filling in someone's seat initially, just because it may mean you have 24 hours to get a setup sorted and some practice unless you have a very generous teammate that week.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Trying to manufacture close racing will result in the complete opposite happening.

Never force anything. Just let it be. If it's meant to be, it will be.
As I said, we'll see how it works out. We saw an issue last season with races not being competitive, and with reduced fields this was the way we've decided to address it. We originally weren't going to allow the Aston Martin because it was inferior to the others but its leading the PC championship after 3 rounds, which tells me a good driver can be successful in the "weaker" cars. I'd like for everyone to be open minded and try some different cars as the GTE field is well balanced to begin with.

Reactions: Mildenman27
Status
Not open for further replies.