PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3 Tier 1 - Car Selection | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3 Tier 1 - Car Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I feel all you doing is rewarding guys who are mediocre and punishing the guys who put alot of effort in to being quick and setting a decent time.

What is the point of trying if you guys will punish those that do??? And reward those who are mediocre??

You say this Gte class is balanced if so why make us drive **** cars if everyone is so close. I'm a bit annoyed that I'm being punished for putting in hard work.

People do sandbag in TT and evaul races.. So before you know it you going to have 1 or 2 quick guys in there favourite cars that kill the field and by the time you guys want to change it.. it's to late those guys have won the championship.

Still can't believe you guys are rewarding peolple who are mediocre over the guys who put in hard work, dedication to be quick in their chosen car.
We're not rewarding mediocrity, we're trying to balance the drivers. I have said the GTE class is balanced, and when I say that I'm referring to the cars. The gap in the field at Hockenheim was roughly 1.5 seconds around a short lap. Around COTA is was upwards of 2 seconds. With Spa and Le Mans we could see a natural gap of 4-6 seconds if everyone was in the same machinery. The cars on balance are within a second of each other at most tracks in my opinion, however there are certainly some that are better than others over most tracks. In your specific case, I am confident in saying you would have lapped the field in Eval 2 based on your pace in Eval 1 which I know you were driving around and not pushing for a large part of it because of the gap you had. People do sandbag TTs generally, however our order very much remains the same from what we've seen through both the evals and TT.

Had people known about this system, the sandbagging would've been stupid and astronomical. There was a reason I redid my TT about 4 or 5 times and its because I knew this was in place and didn't want to be accused of doing so. Nobody knew ahead of time what the selection process was going to be apart from 3 or 4 staff members, except for the fact that we were limiting it to 2 of each manufacturer. There would be no logic in rewarding the top guys with Fords and Corvettes while we put someone who is naturally 1.5 seconds slower in a car that is about half a second slower per lap. It just compounds the problem we're looking to fix.

Please don't try to look at it as a punishment. We're trying to give you competition and better racing, rather than walking away out front. We found the latter literally caused people to skip out on races last season at times because the races were boring.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
We're not rewarding mediocrity, we're trying to balance the drivers. I have said the GTE class is balanced, and when I say that I'm referring to the cars. The gap in the field at Hockenheim was roughly 1.5 seconds around a short lap. Around COTA is was upwards of 2 seconds. With Spa and Le Mans we could see a natural gap of 4-6 seconds if everyone was in the same machinery. The cars on balance are within a second of each other at most tracks in my opinion, however there are certainly some that are better than others over most tracks. In your specific case, I am confident in saying you would have lapped the field in Eval 2 based on your pace in Eval 1 which I know you were driving around and not pushing for a large part of it because of the gap you had. People do sandbag TTs generally, however our order very much remains the same from what we've seen through both the evals and TT.

Had people known about this system, the sandbagging would've been stupid and astronomical. There was a reason I redid my TT about 4 or 5 times and its because I knew this was in place and didn't want to be accused of doing so. Nobody knew ahead of time what the selection process was going to be apart from 3 or 4 staff members, except for the fact that we were limiting it to 2 of each manufacturer. There would be no logic in rewarding the top guys with Fords and Corvettes while we put someone who is naturally 1.5 seconds slower in a car that is about half a second slower per lap. It just compounds the problem we're looking to fix.

Please don't try to look at it as a punishment. We're trying to give you competition and better racing, rather than walking away out front. We found the latter literally caused people to skip out on races last season at times because the races were boring.
Regardless of the cars the gap between drivers won't be solved in my eyes because 80% of the guys are in cars they don't like driving, not enjoying them, have limited time to practise and get to know the car. And then all we left is guys struggling even more than they would have and a select few who don't.. which then leads to them running away into the distance.

I'm fighting for everyone not myself here. I believe the racing will be closer if we all drove what we like and know we can be quickest in. Yes i may be the extreme case.. after all i did default setup for my TT cause i thought that was the rule so we could judge all drivers on a equal base. But later found out we could have used a setup and i could have gone alot quicker. but for me the rest of the field is pretty close and about 1 second between them all. I know this is the rule and it won't change.. I respect it.. I'm just voicing my opinions on it and concerns.

80% of us will be cars we don't know and aren't consistent in.. meaning that besides lap time there are many big mistakes that will happen. This will not happen if we all drove the cars we know.

I'm just concerned that while yes in theory this can promote closer racing but equally can have the opposite effect as well. Drivers must be happy and enjoying this league 1st. but taking away their choice in having there favourite car will only lead to more people not showing up, or worse leaving the endurance league based on a number of factors such as frustration, anger at the car they driving and making to many mistakes, no enjoying it and this all should be taken into account.

Not just close racing.

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
We're going to put things on pause for a day. scratch scld who has been withdrawn from the league, the next selection will belong to the person filling his seat should he not complete a TT in the top 3. In the event that it happens, @bax would have the next selection. We're getting a couple new sign-ups tonight. Apologies for this, but there's been a communication break down in the last little while as the staff team has been incredibly busy.

@Noxvi and @Mildenman27 are in the Ferrari
@FSR_FrankForest is in the Corvette

cars available are Corvette (1), Ford (1), Aston Martin (2) and BMW (2)
So late sign ups will get a better pick than the guys who have done everything on time?? Put effort in TT and done evual races And now we must wait a day for those who are late sign ups?? Then they can come in and pick a car if they not top 3 pace on TT.. of course they wont be in the top 3 so they sign up late and have a pick before the guys who have done everything on time etc. Come on guys

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Regardless of the cars the gap between drivers won't be solved in my eyes because 80% of the guys are in cars they don't like driving, not enjoying them, have limited time to practise and get to know the car. And then all we left is guys struggling even more than they would have and a select few who don't.. which then leads to them running away into the distance.

I'm fighting for everyone not myself here. I believe the racing will be closer if we all drove what we like and know we can be quickest in. Yes i may be the extreme case.. after all i did default setup for my TT cause i thought that was the rule so we could judge all drivers on a equal base. But later found out we could have used a setup and i could have gone alot quicker. but for me the rest of the field is pretty close and about 1 second between them all. I know this is the rule and it won't change.. I respect it.. I'm just voicing my opinions on it and concerns.

80% of us will be cars we don't know and aren't consistent in.. meaning that besides lap time there are many big mistakes that will happen. This will not happen if we all drove the cars we know.

I'm just concerned that while yes in theory this can promote closer racing but equally can have the opposite effect as well. Drivers must be happy and enjoying this league 1st. but taking away their choice in having there favourite car will only lead to more people not showing up, or worse leaving the endurance league based on a number of factors such as frustration, anger at the car they driving and making to many mistakes, no enjoying it and this all should be taken into account.

Not just close racing.
Trust me, I hear and understand what you're saying. Things thus far have gone relatively smoothly. All 6 guys who have a car got one of their top 2 picks. Obviously its just not possible for the guys at the end to get the cars they wanted. But I'm fairly confident 70% of the field will have a car they wanted (top 2 choices), and the 30% that got left out are the guys that can compensate for that lack of choice. We've had the Porsche and Ferrari go before the Ford and Corvette which tells me the drivers so far have gotten the cars they want. I would've been a lot more concerned if the first 4 picks were Fords and Corvettes.
So late sign ups will get a better pick than the guys who have done everything on time?? Put effor in TT and done evual races And now we must wait a day for them?? Come on guys
If its a late sign up they'll be last. However the other driver in contention for the seat did complete his sign up on time which is why we've put a small pause. As I said its a communication error. I'm balancing about 50 hours of class, school work and travel a week on top of running things while dealing with the flu at the moment, and I know my counterparts are either working full-time or have similar school commitments. We have a team of 3 guys, not the dozen or so GT3 has or 50 F1 gets so sometimes a pulled sign-up isn't communicated to everyone when its not posted publicly because we're busy.

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Trust me, I hear and understand what you're saying. Things thus far have gone relatively smoothly. All 6 guys who have a car got one of their top 2 picks. Obviously its just not possible for the guys at the end to get the cars they wanted. But I'm fairly confident 70% of the field will have a car they wanted (top 2 choices), and the 30% that got left out are the guys that can compensate for that lack of choice. We've had the Porsche and Ferrari go before the Ford and Corvette which tells me the drivers so far have gotten the cars they want. I would've been a lot more concerned if the first 4 picks were Fords and Corvettes.

If its a late sign up they'll be last. However the other driver in contention for the seat did complete his sign up on time which is why we've put a small pause. As I said its a communication error. I'm balancing about 50 hours of class, school work and travel a week on top of running things while dealing with the flu at the moment, and I know my counterparts are either working full-time or have similar school commitments. We have a team of 3 guys, not the dozen or so GT3 has or 50 F1 gets so sometimes a pulled sign-up isn't communicated to everyone when its not posted publicly because we're busy.
Okay fair enough. I understand and I'm not saying you guys are **** just voicing my opinions

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Okay fair enough. I understand and I'm not saying you guys are **** just voicing my opinions
That's fine, but just note as a staff we had a similar discussion back in early August which lasted nearly 6 weeks when it came to this. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision, but rather something we've carefully weighed the pros and cons on and come to this choice. Your opinions are certainly valid, and as a staff if we feel we have an issue we'll certainly discuss what our options are, but so far I'm okay with what we've had. When it comes to choosing teammates that was something we didn't have at all last season, they we're assigned. This year we allowed it to be possible but obviously there was a catch to it. In an ideal world we could BoP the cars as a staff and open things up a little more but we just can't on this game. A wish for the future, but we're doing the best we can with the tools at our disposal. I certainly didn't want to go the route of banning cars (as we see in GT3) and I'm glad we've found a scenario where we'll get 5 manufacturers on the grid. Hopefully pCARS3 (if its a thing in the future) can allow us to go a slightly different route.

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
That's fine, but just note as a staff we had a similar discussion back in early August which lasted nearly 6 weeks when it came to this. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision, but rather something we've carefully weighed the pros and cons on and come to this choice. Your opinions are certainly valid, and as a staff if we feel we have an issue we'll certainly discuss what our options are, but so far I'm okay with what we've had. When it comes to choosing teammates that was something we didn't have at all last season, they we're assigned. This year we allowed it to be possible but obviously there was a catch to it. In an ideal world we could BoP the cars as a staff and open things up a little more but we just can't on this game. A wish for the future, but we're doing the best we can with the tools at our disposal. I certainly didn't want to go the route of banning cars (as we see in GT3) and I'm glad we've found a scenario where we'll get 5 manufacturers on the grid. Hopefully pCARS3 (if its a thing in the future) can allow us to go a slightly different route.
Understandable mate and appreciate all you guys for setting this up and running it

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Alright then I’ll take the other audi then, think it’s the 8 but don’t mind which number tbh

Reactions: Bcolt93

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
@Bcolt93 do we both have to be in the Le Mans spec or can we use it whenever?
Edit: didn’t word it right, meant if one of us is do we both have to?

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@Bcolt93 do we both have to be in the Le Mans spec or can we use it whenever?
Edit: didn’t word it right, meant if one of us is do we both have to?
For the Audi we have free choice of either variant, as the difference is the downforce options available. However we have to post in the race thread 48 hours in advance which variant we intend to use for that race.

Status
Not open for further replies.