PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 4: Round - 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - 10/11/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 4: Round - 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - 10/11/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Checked old AOR endurance videos for 24h Le Mans and I noticed that the poleman is defending the left side (first real turn of the chicane), not the right side (first semi-turn)... is this the way we will do it?
from memory i think pole was on the right for the triple crown event, perhaps @FSR_FrankForest could confirm/deny?

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Engine wear’s a big problem in my Audi - like 4 after one stint, I’ll have to repair this at each stop it looks like. Anyone know how to stop this? I always seem to get this problem xD

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Engine wear’s a big problem in my Audi - like 4 after one stint, I’ll have to repair this at each stop it looks like. Anyone know how to stop this? I always seem to get this problem xD
open radiator if necessary (engine should run around 100C) avoid rapid downshifts and late upshifts - just be nice to it ;)

edit: lmp engines may be ok slightly hotter, not sure

Reactions: FN-LEW187

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Disregard this post. I make my own luck. Not giving up. See you all at Nürburgring

Last edited:

TwisterA1

Pro Karter
May 13, 2018
Q:3
R:2
Set down an ok lap but definitely not as fast as the top 2 but 1-2 ahead of the Porsches. Had a pretty good consistent race for the most part and was fine with 3rd but after @FN-LEW187 had some unfortunate events happen to him somehow found myself in second. Last 8 mins or so I completely got distracted and tryed to go flat into the curves completely destroying my suspension so I raced the last 3 laps limping to the line. Congrats to everyone who managed to finish definitely was a tough race

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Not getting any notifications for this for some reason. Sorry about not responding.

Reactions: Slicker

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
In friday practice I was able to lap consistently in .55 and pole in .52.... so I was pretty confident to have a good race

Q (lucky):
not risky first lap (few tenth behind Slicker), track cut and slowdown at the beginning of the second lap... but I decided to go on and was a good idea: I recovered those 3 tenth placing me in front of him (fortunately he made a mistake and aborted his 2nd lap)

R (nervous):
Too nervous during the formation lap... I hope I did all things in the right way. When I accelerated I immediately gained 1 second on the opponents and this was unexpected... maybe a jump start, anticipated... there were bad thoughts in my head and I lost that second within 3 turns
After 2 laps only Jarryd was able to follow me with my pace (I was surprised , but not so much surprised indeed ;) ) but his car was not fast enough on straights. I turned on the "no risky mode" lapping in 56-57, sure to be able to improve my performances as needed, since Jarryd was not able to really catch me... but always 3-4s behind me.
My only problem was the LMPH cars lapping me... not because of their drivers (correct behaviors) but because of my fear to loose the car doing unusual trajectories.
1h passed away, time for my pit stop. No problems.

Decided was time to force and lap faster but I realized that I was no more able to lap faster:eek:, I was too afraid of making mistakes!

Jarryd was approaching, little by little but with constancy, and I lost my concentration missing the breaking point and ending up in the sand in the final sector of the circuit... wow... lost 1st position. With 8s behind Jarryd I decided to pit without changing tires (I knew it was possible, my tyres were still good, 50% or more). We pitted together, I moved first, when out I had again my 10s advantage (y)

Last 40 minutes were hell, with Jarryd approaching and my mind blowing... but at the end I was able to win for 2s on him :p

I was good, Jarryd was MONUMENTAL (y)

Last edited:

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
In friday practice I was able to lap consistently in .55 and pole in .52.... so I was pretty confident to have a good race

Q (lucky):
not risky first lap (few tenth behind Slicker), track cut and slowdown at the beginning of the second lap... but I decided to go on and was a good idea: I recovered those 3 tenth placing me in front of him (fortunately he made a mistake and aborted his 2nd lap)

R (nervous):
Too nervous during the formation lap... I hope I did all things in the right way. When I accelerated I immediately gained 1 second on the opponents and this was unexpected... maybe a jump start, anticipated... there were bad thoughts in my head and I lost that second within 3 turns
After 2 laps only Jarrid was able to follow me with my pace (I was surprised , but not so much surprised indeed ;) ) but his car was not fast enough on straights. I turned on the "no risky mode" lapping in 56-57, sure to be able to improve my performances as neede, since Jarrid was not able to really catch me... but always 3-4s behind me.
My only problem was the LMPH cars lapping me... not because of their drivers (correct behaviors) but because of my fear to loose the car doing unusual trajectories.

Decided was time to force and lap faster but I realized that I was no more able to lap faster:eek:, I was too afraid of making mistakes!

Jarrid was approaching, little by little but with constancy, and I lost my concentration missing the breaking point and ending up in the sand in the final sector of the circuit... wow... lost 1st position. With 8s behind Jarrid I decided to pit without changing tires (I knew it was possible, my tyres were still good, 50% or more). We pitted together, I moved first, when out I had again my 10s advantage (y)

Last 40 minutes were hell, with Jarrid approaching and my mind blowing... but at the end I was able to win for 2s on him :p

I was good, Jarrid was MONUMENTAL (y)
your start was ok, i think - you were very slow out of the last corner and i lost sight of you, so missed your acceleration and fell back - hence the big gap - also resulted in a 3-wide situation with @Jarryd Vermeulen and @JeroCalleja_SPA which ended with me in the gravel and down to last - would like to see what happened there. i did think you left far too big a gap to the lmps, we should have been only a second or so behind them at the start.

anyway, well done on the win - i was quite lucky to be able to get back up to 4th - also well done @Noxvi on your podium and @Jarryd Vermeulen on 2nd

Reactions: bax

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
... i did think you left far too big a gap to the lmps, we should have been only a second or so behind them at the start.
I thought it was a good idea to stay a good distance from LMPs to avoid their possible accidents at the first corner... next time (if will be) will be better ;)

...3-wide situation with @Jarryd Vermeulen and @JeroCalleja_SPA which ended with me in the gravel and down to last - would like to see what happened there...
Jero was a little bit wide (not so much), Jarryd could do nothing going himself wide to avoid contac with Jero, you were the unlucky victim

Last edited:

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
I'll try to sum up my race from yesterday.
Well qualifying didn't go as expected I queued up with ten mins to go but the exit of the pit lane is a bit uphill and I wasn't on the brakes for a split second, my car rolled a bit backwards and the game thought I was driving reverse and just disqualified me. I didn't feel this was fair and left the session to rejoin back. Had only one lap (with a mistake at the chicane that cost me a lot) but was good enough for P6.
The race start was pretty interesting and tense luckily I didn't get involved in any incidents and managed to make up 2 places at the start was running P4. My teammate @JeroCalleja_SPA and @Jarryd Vermeulen were running side by side through the Porsche curves (which is never a good idea) @JeroCalleja_SPA was the one that lost as he slammed into the wall. I gained a position so was running P3. It was only about being consistent at this point (I was very satisfied with my driving) was lapping very consistently with little mistakes. I pitted and only refueled ran the softs from the start until the second stop which was with about 40 mins to the end. I had a battle with @Jarryd Vermeulen Idk what time that was. He admitted he got his elbows out, he was weaving a lot on the straight which he apologized for so I'm okay, this battle was triggered by a impatient LMP1 @FN-LEW187 who not only pushed me off the track but almost spun me around lagging all over the place. Apart from that battle it was a pretty stale race until the end when @Slicker was matching my pace I started making mistakes which almost cost me 3rd place. I was losing focus but managed to stay ahead (with a lot of corner cutting penalties, the system is very inconsistent). Congrats to @bax and @Jarryd Vermeulen and everyone who finished. Looking forward to next one as I want to make up some ground in the championship :)

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
I'll try to sum up my race from yesterday.
Well qualifying didn't go as expected I queued up with ten mins to go but the exit of the pit lane is a bit uphill and I wasn't on the brakes for a split second, my car rolled a bit backwards and the game thought I was driving reverse and just disqualified me. I didn't feel this was fair and left the session to rejoin back. Had only one lap (with a mistake at the chicane that cost me a lot) but was good enough for P6.
The race start was pretty interesting and tense luckily I didn't get involved in any incidents and managed to make up 2 places at the start was running P4. My teammate @JeroCalleja_SPA and @Jarryd Vermeulen were running side by side through the Porsche curves (which is never a good idea) @JeroCalleja_SPA was the one that lost as he slammed into the wall. I gained a position so was running P3. It was only about being consistent at this point (I was very satisfied with my driving) was lapping very consistently with little mistakes. I pitted and only refueled ran the softs from the start until the second stop which was with about 40 mins to the end. I had a battle with @Jarryd Vermeulen Idk what time that was. He admitted he got his elbows out, he was weaving a lot on the straight which he apologized for so I'm okay, this battle was triggered by a impatient LMP1 @FN-LEW187 who not only pushed me off the track but almost spun me around lagging all over the place. Apart from that battle it was a pretty stale race until the end when @Slicker was matching my pace I started making mistakes which almost cost me 3rd place. I was losing focus but managed to stay ahead (with a lot of corner cutting penalties, the system is very inconsistent). Congrats to @bax and @Jarryd Vermeulen and everyone who finished. Looking forward to next one as I want to make up some ground in the championship :)
I'm sorry Bout the weaving again meant no harm :giggle:

Reactions: Noxvi

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I thought it was a good idea to stay a good distance from LMPs to avoid their possible accidents at the first corner... next time (if will be) will be better ;)

Jero was a little bit wide (not so much), Jarryd could do nothing going himself wide to avoid contac with Jero, you were the unlucky victim
I am sorry to disagree with your interpretation of what happened, my point of view is very different.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017

Q (lucky):

R (nervous):
After 2 laps only Jarryd was able to follow me with my pace (I was surprised , but not so much surprised indeed ;) ) but his car was not fast enough on straights. I turned on the "no risky mode" lapping in 56-57, sure to be able to improve my performances as needed, since Jarryd was not able to really catch me... but always 3-4s behind me.

Jarryd was approaching, little by little but with constancy, and I lost my concentration missing the breaking point and ending up in the sand in the final sector of the circuit... wow... lost 1st position. With 8s behind Jarryd I decided to pit without changing tires (I knew it was possible, my tyres were still good, 50% or more). We pitted together, I moved first, when out I had again my 10s advantage (y)

Last 40 minutes were hell, with Jarryd approaching and my mind blowing... but at the end I was able to win for 2s on him :p

I was good, Jarryd was MONUMENTAL (y)
The race was crazy intense trying to match you. Was so consistent and sadly me changing tyres was a bad call but we have to do what we think is right. And you made the right call not changing. But was a real pleasure being in a battle for over 2 hours with you.

The start was 3 wide with @Slicker and @JeroCalleja_SPA and @JeroCalleja_SPA just turned left into me leaving no choice but to brake and turn away from him to try not hit slicker but there was nothing I could do.

After looking to my reply I think @JeroCalleja_SPA didn't realise maybe slicker was there on my inside. But still turning into me hitting still confuses me why he did that. I was on the outside next to him? So please let us know what happens from your side?

Again when you tired overtaking me around the outside I was squeezed to the inside on the curb which made my car jump left. Nothing I could do to avoid this.

Overall my race was about keeping up with bax and happy with a P2 when I was not confident of even a 5th place. So well done to everyone on finishing.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
my stream from last night:-