PC - AOR F1 2016 Leagues - PC Discussion Thread (Season 13) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR F1 2016 Leagues - PC Discussion Thread (Season 13)

dragonbone81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 14, 2015
Hey so not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I signed up for the league however I want to say that I will not be available for races 4, 5, 6, 7. Just wanted to let the organizers know :)

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Hey so not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I signed up for the league however I want to say that I will not be available for races 4, 5, 6, 7. Just wanted to let the organizers know :)
Hey man, I would wait until you get your league allocation and then that info is something you can tell your league coordinator :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1491842397][/DOUBLEPOST]Sup guys,

I would love to race in AOR this year but my internet once again will not allow me to join an F1 Lobby without major destruction occurring to all other cars.... :p

I would still like to help out in some way with the PC Leagues, and I was wondering if I could offer to make/partially make the Official Highlights package for the Split 1 PC AOR League, as I noticed there wasn't really one last year?

I would mostly use the Official Broadcast by @RyanL83 and @King-kodiak as a base, and then perhaps if individual drivers were willing to send across their POVs I could make a qualifying comparison (or someone else can if they have the relevant photoshop files to hand).

Just an idea of a way of helping out :)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this... :p I hope to return to racing/ start commentating if my internet ever upgrades from it's current potato status :L

EDIT: If people weren't aware, I'm pretty decent with editing, have had an F1 YT Channel for a year now, and upload Career Mode content, not online I know, but basically saying I know how to do more than just cut clips ;)

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey man, I would wait until you get your league allocation and then that info is something you can tell your league coordinator :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1491842397][/DOUBLEPOST]Sup guys,

I would love to race in AOR this year but my internet once again will not allow me to join an F1 Lobby without major destruction occurring to all other cars.... :p

I would still like to help out in some way with the PC Leagues, and I was wondering if I could offer to make/partially make the Official Highlights package for the Split 1 PC AOR League, as I noticed there wasn't really one last year?

I would mostly use the Official Broadcast by @RyanL83 and @King-kodiak as a base, and then perhaps if individual drivers were willing to send across their POVs I could make a qualifying comparison (or someone else can if they have the relevant photoshop files to hand).

Just an idea of a way of helping out :)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this... :p I hope to return to racing/ start commentating if my internet ever upgrades from it's current potato status :L

EDIT: If people weren't aware, I'm pretty decent with editing, have had an F1 YT Channel for a year now, and upload Career Mode content, not online I know, but basically saying I know how to do more than just cut clips ;)
That would be really awesome man! I've actually had the thought myself of doing edited down versions of the live broadcast in order to get more broad coverage of the PC league on my channel, rather than just my own races. Obviously the XB1/PS4 have the full edited highlights, and there's no way I'd personally have time to do something like that in addition to what I already do (and it'd also be kinda pointless to put THAT much effort into a race that has already been shown live), however using the broadcasts as a base to make highlight videos from makes sense. I'd be able to provide you with photoshop templates for the qualy comp and similar stuff to spice it up ofc. :)

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
If a highlights series for PC did take place, I'd like to offer my services for commentary if there's a space. I've done some commentary of games before (never F1, LoL and Rocket League). Of course, if there are other more experienced people for the job or whatever that's not a problem, just figured I'd offer it. I could probably find a video of some of my previous commentary if necessary.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
If a highlights series for PC did take place, I'd like to offer my services for commentary if there's a space. I've done some commentary of games before (never F1, LoL and Rocket League). Of course, if there are other more experienced people for the job or whatever that's not a problem, just figured I'd offer it. I could probably find a video of some of my previous commentary if necessary.
I assume if a video will be done with the live broadcast as a base, the commentary from that (which will be by @RyanL83 & @King-kodiak) would be used for the video as well. Not sure if @allflattious had some other ideas tho, but I don't feel like it would be necessary to have the same race commentated twice :p

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
@allflattious
Are you thinking doing something like @FisiFan91 did for the Bahrain and Chinese GP (example: ) last year or are you planning to do a huge highlights video similar to the Xbox and Playstation side (exampale: For the latter one in my opinion a commentator would defenitely be necessary, for the former not really.

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
@allflattious
Are you thinking doing something like @FisiFan91 did for the Bahrain and Chinese GP (example: ) last year or are you planning to do a huge highlights video similar to the Xbox and Playstation side (exampale: For the latter one in my opinion a commentator would defenitely be necessary, for the former not really.
I had assumed the second one, which is why I offered, but looking back it seems more likely the style of the first one was meant

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@allflattious
The latter one is obviously better (in terms of quality) as a non-live video format, however it requires a lot of time and it seems less rewarding to put 10+ hours of work a week in (which is what in my experience is what's required to create those vids) to cover a race that was already covered live, compared to on XB1 & PS4 where there isn't a live broadcast in the first place. Of course, if @allflattious or someone wanted to do it then great, but just being realistic :)

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Well I'd look to basically edit down the footage of the live broadcast, so the highlights would be as long as the action was basically. I wouldn't be looking to make a full on huge highlights package (90 mins of live race down to 60 mins of highlights is a lot lol!).

If I have some POV's sent I can try and work them in, but that will take a lot of editing work :p

Bascially I see the video as starting with Ryan and King Kodiak's intro (or I could make my own if it doesn't edit well, or even leave that to yourself Fisi?), and then I would cut to a qualifying comparison (assuming I had the footage), and if not then it would literally just be a shortened version of the live broadcast (with added AOR graphics and stuff to make it look official). Like the first video posted.

So if we were to bring in an additional commentator it would really only be for the qualifying comparison (though I would be happy to do it myself obviously).

So I wouldn't be looking at the videos being much more than 25-30 minutes long.

Bascially just a shorterned version of the live stream for people who don't want to watch/haven't got time to watch the whole thing :)

Because whilst the 1hour highlights package is great, if the video is that long, you might as well just watch the live stream video no?

I assume the finished product would go on your channel Fisi?
[DOUBLEPOST=1491859033][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also be conscious of getting the highlights out as quickly as possible, so that also puts me off doing something huge :)

Reactions: FisiFan91

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
That would be really awesome man! I've actually had the thought myself of doing edited down versions of the live broadcast in order to get more broad coverage of the PC league on my channel, rather than just my own races. Obviously the XB1/PS4 have the full edited highlights, and there's no way I'd personally have time to do something like that in addition to what I already do (and it'd also be kinda pointless to put THAT much effort into a race that has already been shown live), however using the broadcasts as a base to make highlight videos from makes sense. I'd be able to provide you with photoshop templates for the qualy comp and similar stuff to spice it up ofc. :)
Yep that's exactly the kind of stuff I will need! Thanks man! Ryan has already given me the AOR results tables so I would just need the quali comparison really, as the AOR Intro I can get off the broadcast :)

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Just a short information: King Kodiak also uploads his stream so if ryan fir some reason misses for examlle a fight or the start u can still take kodiaks pov as the commentary should be the same.

GameGecki

Junior Karter
Apr 6, 2017
Would it be possible to race the races and to stream them in the language (In my case, german) of their viewers?

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
If people are in the same split as season 12, will they have priority to keep the car they drove in S12?
So in my case: if I would be placed in split 1 again, would I get the choice to keep Toro Rosso, before anyone else can choose it?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Would it be possible to race the races and to stream them in the language (In my case, german) of their viewers?
Sure, as long as your connection can handle that without causing lag problems :)

If people are in the same split as season 12, will they have priority to keep the car they drove in S12?
So in my case: if I would be placed in split 1 again, would I get the choice to keep Toro Rosso, before anyone else can choose it?
Nope, like in every season car selection will be done again from scratch. Your place in the picking order is based on your championship position from S12 (with new drivers below in order of TT times).

• Informative
Reactions: Chicane

TheAPlegends

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Nope, like in every season car selection will be done again from scratch. Your place in the picking order is based on your championship position from S12 (with new drivers below in order of TT times).
So, in order of splits? What I mean is in example I was p7 in split 2, so I would have advantage over split 3 champion and behind split 1 last place?

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
So, in order of splits? What I mean is in example I was p7 in split 2, so I would have advantage over split 3 champion and behind split 1 last place?
Nah each split has it's own car selection, and it ignores last year's results. So P7 in Split 2 would have 7th pick of car, the same as if you were P7 in Split 4.

TheAPlegends

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Nah each split has it's own car selection, and it ignores last year's results. So P7 in Split 2 would have 7th pick of car, the same as if you were P7 in Split 4.
But not everyone in front applied and I'm sure some people will be promoted to split 1, that's why I asked If I have a pick before guys promoted from split 3.