PC - AOR F1 2017: PC Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR F1 2017: PC Discussion Thread (Season 14)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
AOR F1 Leagues - Season 14
PC - Main Discussion Thread

This thread can be used for general league discussion by all drivers who have signed up - or want to sign up - to the AOR PC F1 2017 Leagues for Season 14.

If you have read the information/rules threads, but still have some questions or concerns, then feel free to raise them here and we will try to answer. This is to keep the sign-up threads clean.

If you haven't yet read the important threads, please do so:

League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar
Main League Sign-Ups
Assist League Sign-Ups

Callum Teasdale

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
I am getting my pc by the 22nd. Unfortunately I cannot set tt until then I have xbox but I am moving to pc for league racing is it OK if I do my tt times on xbox and they can be converted? @FisiFan91

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I am getting my pc by the 22nd. Unfortunately I cannot set tt until then I have xbox but I am moving to pc for league racing is it OK if I do my tt times on xbox and they can be converted? @FisiFan91
Unfortunately won't work as there are slight differences in feel/pace between the different platforms, so if you're signing up for PC they'll have to be done on PC. I'm sure it won't be a problem to update us with your times on the 22nd or even a day or two after - as long as it's in due time before the league announcement on the 25th.

Reactions: Callum Teasdale

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
Say if we post one tt time and then a few days or a week later we do a faster time, can we change it before deadline?

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Say if we post one tt time and then a few days or a week later we do a faster time, can we change it before deadline?
Yes, as it says in the respective thread as well, simply edit your post with the new times, we definitely won't miss it that way. Don't create a new post. :)

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
Yes, as it says in the respective thread as well, simply edit your post with the new times, we definitely won't miss it that way. Don't create a new post. :)
sweet thanks ycoms :)

Daresco

Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2017
Will there be a visible TT Ranking list concidering the times that have been posted so far?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
● Gamertag: Saketh
● Nationality: American
Have you read and understood the AOR Rules? Yes
Assists used: RL
Did you complete Season 13? No
● Speedtest result:

Time Trial screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133424706

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133471316
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133486583
Evaluation race screenshots:

Evaluation race link:
Evaluation race notes:
Hey man - only the Malaysia lap needs to be in wet conditions. Please re-do your Spa & Hungary times in the dry. Cheers!

● Gamertag: R.A.J.
● Nationality: Canadian
● Have you read and understood the AOR Rules? yes
● Assists used: Racing Line Corner Only
● Did you complete Season 13? Yes
● Speedtest result:

● Time Trial screenshots:

● Evaluation race screenshots:
[Add your race director screenshots from your evaluation race here once completed]
● Evaluation race link: [Add thread URL of the evaluation race you took part in]
● Evaluation race notes:
Yo RAJ - I can't see your TT images due to Photobucket being stupid. This is all I'm getting:

So would be nice if you could upload them elsewhere, or directly to your post. Cheers!

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
So I just "completed" the Time Trial (gosh I HATE Time Trial :inpain:) and just wanted to drop a "Hi!" into here. I am very looking forward to the season and to racing with you guys

Reactions: FisiFan91

DETERMINISM

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2017
Can somebody with experience predict my league ?
I haven t posted my times yet because I hope I can improve by the time the sign ups end.
My TT lap times on PC put me in the top 4-7%. Is that any indication of my chances to get into the main league ?

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Can somebody with experience predict my league ?
I haven t posted my times yet because I hope I can improve by the time the sign ups end.
My TT lap times on PC put me in the top 4-7%. Is that any indication of my chances to get into the main league ?
My TT laps are almost all in that same bracket, and I came 6th in split 4 (which was the bottom split) last season.

Reactions: DETERMINISM

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
@DETERMINISM Theres no point predicting on this new game, seeing as the whole handling and feel of the cars is different. On top of that, AOR seems to have blown up this year with 200+ drivers expressing interest. This means that all the leagues will be much more competitive. Take someone that was running around towards the back of split 2 last season. They could be in split 4 this season just because of how competitive all the leagues will be this year.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 just checking for assist league are you allowed to use assist on your tt laps as some have used assists?
For the assist leagues you are meant to use the assists you intend to race with in the league yes

DETERMINISM

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2017
If I play with no assists besides RL in the corners and I don t get into the no assists league and apply for the assists league, will I have to play with assists for the season ? @FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
If I play with no assists besides RL in the corners and I don t get into the no assists league and apply for the assists league, will I have to play with assists for the season ? @FisiFan91
If you sign up to the main leagues, you will get into one of the main leagues

Not recommended to mix yourself with TC/ABS users if you don't use that yourself

Reactions: DETERMINISM

Pascheck

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2017
The evaluation races from September 22 onwards are also in Bahrain? Or are the on another track?

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
The evaluation races from September 22 onwards are also in Bahrain? Or are the on another track?
All evaluation races will be at Bahrain so that there's a constant in the fact that lap times / consistency / penalties will be constant between all players

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Is there a new tyre rule this year? I started the eval race on M and one stopped onto S and got DQ'd, because I didn't use the SS. I used the same strategy in S13 Bahrain race and all was well.