Aug 11, 2016
Round 10 - German Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed Absences:

Questions:
1. With Gamer and Michaelangelo now both being promoted to F1, who is your prediction to win the championship?
2. What results are you aiming for in the 3 remaining European races before Japan and the Americas races?
3. Podium Predictions:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
gg on the images
photobucket wants a ridiculous amount of money from Fisi to host on 3rd party sites. As a result everything is having to be moved over to another site and then edited back in. Will take some time to get them back to normal.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Normally I would really be looking forward to this race. After today I just want to finish the season, not win the title and see what happens for F1 2017

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
he can have it
If you feel that way, how about not qualifying for the rest of the season to have a good challenge? I'd be happy with the constructors and finishing in the points every race in the season. Never really was too bothered by the title, but now it definitely would feel a bit follow.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
If you feel that way, how about not qualifying for the rest of the season to have a good challenge? I'd be happy with the constructors and finishing in the points every race in the season. Never really was too bothered by the title, but now it definitely would feel a bit hollow.
It feels completely hollow, I still felt that despite being down 26 points, I had a great shot to win it with my 2 best tracks in the next 3 races. Now its far from a foregone conclusion I am going to win without Gamer, as there are still a lot of good drivers within range. But given the opportunity I'd rather decline winning this championship and let someone else have it, in my mind its fraudulent now.

Last edited:

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
This is one of my worst tracks and i had my worst AOR race finish here last season. It is damage limitation and then on to Spa which is a track i like.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
It feels completely hollow, I still felt that despite being down 26 points, I had a great shot to win it with my 2 best tracks in the next 3 races. Now its far from a foregone conclusion I am going to win without Gamer, as there are still a lot of good drivers within range. But given the opportunity I'd rather decline winning this championship and let someone else have it, in my mind its fraudulent now.
I seriously don't get you.

What is it you want? What tune would you be singing if you won the 3 or 4 other races that you "should have won" and you would be leading the championship? You have been doing nothing but moaning about how much you should be in F1 and you were gonna race your way back there, and now you just want to give up to spite yourself?

Just do what you've been doing and stop all the weekly dramatics on here because you're making it very hard to read your posts around here lately. We don't need your charity to "give others a chance" because that's crap and you know it.

Last edited:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
I seriously don't get you.

What is it you want? What tune would you be singing if you won the 3 or 4 other races that you "should have won" and you would be leading the championship? You have been doing nothing but moaning about how much you should be in F1 and you were gonna race your way back there, and now you just want to give up to spite yourself?

Just do what you've been doing and stop all the weekly dramatics on here because you're making it very hard to read your posts around here lately. We don't need your charity to "give others a chance" because that's crap and you know it.
All you need to know is we've had a discussion about the situation since that post.

• Agree
Reactions: zWoody

F1_Dan

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2015
Seems that this thread is a bit depressing :p. Completely understand Brandon's point (even if he is slightly irritating after every race), because what's the point of winning championship when you know that you haven't beat the person who should have won.

Anyway, not a great fan of the track but don't really want rain because then it will just be Pad OP. Should be some good battles though due to the long straight and how OP the slipstream is (y)

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
I really like this track! The OP slipstream is more annoying on this track than on other tracks but I still like it a lot. Still remember in season 6 when I started in last place and finished in 2nd a few seconds behind first:D Got plenty of time to practice this week so hoping for a good result.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
1. With Gamer and Michaelangelo now both being promoted to F1, who is your prediction to win the championship?
Ben
2. What results are you aiming for in the 3 remaining European races before Japan and the Americas races?
2 wins and a podium
3. Podium Predictions:
some combination of myself, Ben and Theo

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
@Bcolt93 You are going to change your mind :p
Top 3 for this one and top 5 for Spa. Wont be racing in Monza
3. Podium Predictions: Dont know which position but @Bcolt93 @bor44 and hopefully me

Reactions: bor44

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
1. With Gamer and Michaelangelo now both being promoted to F1, who is your prediction to win the championship? Probably Brandon, but I think Dan will continue to get some good consistent finishes so hopefully it goes down to the end.

2. What results are you aiming for in the 3 remaining European races before Japan and the Americas races? I was on point to win this race last season until an unfortunate collision with @HRacingGreen with 5 laps to go, so I know what it takes to be fast here. A 2nd win would be glorious.

3. Podium Predictions:

1. Ben who is checking out the 4 chicks while racing
2. Ben the Demon
3. Me

F1_Dan

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2015
Probably Brandon, I will be missing at least 1 and possibly 2 races out of the final 6 so I am definitely out of contention. If Ollie can maintain the consistency that he has shown so far this season then he definitely has a shot
Spa is my strongest so obviously I'm missing that one :p. Germany is just an utter slipstream fest so anything is possible, most likely front wing damage and P9 though. Not a fan of Monza at all, only managed to get points in F1 last season due to the luckiest SC in history so another struggle there.
3. Podium Predictions:
  1. @Bcolt93
  2. @TheogGR1
  3. @Ollie_D631

Reactions: Ollie_D631

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Now that I've practiced 3x as much as on any circuit this season with that 50% session we just did, I am satisfied with my pace. Looking forward to Sunday

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Pace seems alright so far, not exactly where I want it to be for qualifying but with some practice during the week hopefully it will get better. The promising sign for me is I've finally developed some consistency in my race pace. In Hungary I set 9 laps with 3 tenths of each other consecutively (23.7-24.0) which is an area I've really need to work on. Strategy seems really open, so I'm looking forward to what everyone comes up with this week. I know a lot of people here are quite quick as we've done about 3 socials (100% and 2 50%) as well as last year's league race. I'm just praying for the rain to stay away for both sessions.

99Pipmatt

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 2, 2017
If Brandon decides to not give up it should be his to lose and with Dan missing some races, there shouldn't be an issue for him. Could go to any of the top 5/6 though with how close it is, especially with Ollie's good run of form atm. The only thing I can confirm is that it wont be me :p
Not got too bad pace for Hockenheim, a 13:7 on time trial is in the ball park (although obviously tt is meaningless) so looking for a half decent race. Spa I'm missing because I'm on holiday and I'll have one day to practice for Monza as I get home on the Saturday. The maggots and becketts section of Austin seems lethal with no racing line and I've already done a small amount of no racing line practice for Brazil. So a mixed feeling really, I'm not going to change my aim which is to get in the points in every race and if I achieve this I consider it job done.
3. Podium Predictions:
1. @Bcolt93
2. @Ollie_D631
3. @DemoN F1

Reactions: Ollie_D631