Aug 11, 2016
Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 23rd July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Optional Driver Questions:

A) We've reached the pinnacle of the season with only four more races to go and no more break weeks. What are your targets for the rest of the season, and how do you feel you've matched up to your expectations this season?
B) If there was one race you could reattempt this season, which would it be and why?
C) Who is now your favorite for the drivers and constructors title?
D) Please give your predictions for the Italian Grand Prix:

Last edited:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Pole? I'm always fast round here for some reason :p
Just as long as it isn't due to corner cutting ;) Obviously a few places you can do that here so just remember Canada during the quali session :p

Anyway, not a sodding clue about pole. All I know is it won't be me unless it is heavy rain.

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Just as long as it isn't due to corner cutting ;) Obviously a few places you can do that here so just remember Canada during the quali session :p

Anyway, not a sodding clue about pole. All I know is it won't be me unless it is heavy rain.
If we go over the kerb at T3 is that a cut?

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
If you go over the white line with all four wheels at any corner it is a cut, kerbs have nothing to do with it...
No but at T3 there is the big kerb to stop cuts, but you can go over it if you judge it right and make it hit your undertray instead of your wheel, I'm not sure if it would take all 4 wheels off the track but I think it should still be a cut

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
No but at T3 there is the big kerb to stop cuts, but you can go over it if you judge it right and make it hit your undertray instead of your wheel, I'm not sure if it would take all 4 wheels off the track but I think it should still be a cut
As I said, anything other than the white line is irrelevant to track limits. Take whatever line you want, but as soon as you've gone across the white line you've breached the regulations.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
A) We've reached the pinnacle of the season with only four more races to go and no more break weeks. What are your targets for the rest of the season, and how do you feel you've matched up to your expectations this season?
Simply put I feel I have to win a race now. I will do everything in my power to try and cure my season, and get myself back into the title fight, but I'm beginning to think at this stage that I've had just one too many unlucky races to mount a serious challenge. I'll give it my all though!

B) If there was one race you could reattempt this season, which would it be and why?

Quite tough, but probably Spain. That or Bahrain for me, because I feel as though I cost myself the points there. In Spain I'd have put on the hards instead of mediums, and with how good my overtaking was that race I think I would've given myself the chance of a win.

Ollie and McLaren

@Rc SamBastos14
2. @Ollie_D631
3. @mazais5727

Jeyk

Formula Karter
Jun 24, 2017
As I've started just one race before, I obviously just try to get the best results as possible, to get at least in the points in every race and just have some fun. Maybe if everyone else crashes and I win every race there is a chance of winning the title though as I have 8 points and @Ollie_D631 has 105 points :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Well, not really reattempt, but if I could choose one track to be played again that would be Monaco as I love to race around there. Other tracks I also would have loved to race on are Canada, Austria and Hungary.

I don't know anyone of you that well, but I think McLaren is an obvious choice for the constructors. With drivers title everything can happen but @Ollie_D631 showed some strong race pace and good results.

1. @Ollie_D631
2. @Rc SamBastos14
3. @Klayyyyyy

Good Luck everyone!(y)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Klayyyyyy

99Pipmatt

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 2, 2017

Keep up the same momentum of points finishes, having 20 points would be a decent result from the last 4 races. I was unsure of what to expect at the beginning of the season with so many quick drivers in the field so its hard to base it off my targets as I didn't know what they were myself :p

Silverstone without a doubt, the pad hacks in the heavy wet conditions would've made for a promising race for me. Spain too if I pitted under that vsc I might've had a podium.

@Ollie_D631 for the title considering he's missed several races and is still doing great. I've not really looked at the constructors but I imagine @DemoN F1 and @F1_Dan are walking that and will continue to do so.

1) @Ollie_D631
2) @Rc SamBastos14
3) @DemoN F1

Reactions: Ollie_D631

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016

Keep up the same momentum of points finishes, having 20 points would be a decent result from the last 4 races. I was unsure of what to expect at the beginning of the season with so many quick drivers in the field so its hard to base it off my targets as I didn't know what they were myself :p

Silverstone without a doubt, the pad hacks in the heavy wet conditions would've made for a promising race for me. Spain too if I pitted under that vsc I might've had a podium.

@Ollie_D631 for the title considering he's missed several races and is still doing great. I've not really looked at the constructors but I imagine @DemoN F1 and @F1_Dan are walking that and will continue to do so.

1) @Ollie_D631
2) @Rc SamBastos14
3) @DemoN F1
Nope. RC Alonso's dominance for Force India at the start has it nip and tuck between us.

F1_Dan

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2015
Love how Ben put the word optional as though people were held at gun point earlier in the season:p

Still just to hopefully enjoy the racing and have some good battles. I hoped to claim a win at some point this season but unless I have good pace at Japan I can't see that happening anymore, also slightly disappointed with my lack of podiums in the second half of the season.
Either Australia because I literally did no race practice and if I did I honestly felt I could have challenged Brandon or Silverstone because I made so many errors during that race when I should have been able to challenge for a podium.
Definitely @Ollie_D631, has probably the best race pace in the league at this point and has an ability to avoid incidents. Hopefully me and Ben can bring hope the constructors but you never know
1. @Ollie_D631
2. @Rc SamBastos14
3. @DemoN F1

Reactions: Ollie_D631

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Personally, i have gone beyond my own expectations this season. I never thought i would be able to race the first half of the season due to my GCSEs let alone be challenging for the title. The aim from here is to score consistent podiums in order to take the title.
Silverstone. I never took part in the first place due to exams but it is my favorite track and it was wet as well so it would have been great.
Don't want to sound arrogant but i believe that i am favorite for the title (because i am leading) however i expect a tough fight with @F1_Dan and others. I also think McLaren will take the constructors because they have 2 strong drivers of @F1_Dan and @DemoN F1 . It would be nice if my teammate @Floriswijers33 would turn up so we can fight for the constructors with McLaren.
[email protected] F1
2.Me *(Not sure if i am aloud to predict myself)
[email protected] SamBastos14

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Personally, i have gone beyond my own expectations this season. I never thought i would be able to race the first half of the season due to my GCSEs let alone be challenging for the title. The aim from here is to score consistent podiums in order to take the title.
Silverstone. I never took part in the first place due to exams but it is my favorite track and it was wet as well so it would have been great.
Don't want to sound arrogant but i believe that i am favorite for the title (because i am leading) however i expect a tough fight with @F1_Dan and others. I also think McLaren will take the constructors because they have 2 strong drivers of @F1_Dan and @DemoN F1 . It would be nice if my teammate @Floriswijers33 would turn up so we can fight for the constructors with McLaren.
[email protected] F1
2.Me *(Not sure if i am aloud to predict myself)
[email protected] SamBastos14
How much do you want to bet me on that prediction?