PS4 - AOR F2 Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix [23/07/2017] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F2 Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix [23/07/2017]

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
A) We've reached the pinnacle of the season with only four more races to go and no more break weeks. What are your targets for the rest of the season, and how do you feel you've matched up to your expectations this season?
My aim is to win a race, I feel I've exceeded what I expected while in F3, I didn't think I'd be challenging for podiums here even after Spain.
B) If there was one race you could reattempt this season, which would it be and why?
Germany, had the pace to win but my wheel screwed me.
C) Who is now your favorite for the drivers and constructors title?
Ollie for the drivers and Mclaren for the constructors, but I wouldn't rule several drivers out yet :p
D) Please give your predictions for the Italian Grand Prix:
1. Ollie
2. Sam
3. Me

Floriswijers33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 10, 2016
Im there today my Friend :)! But I want to make a thing clear. Today I am gonna drive for the first time in AOR with a wheel. So I am gonna leave maybe more roome than normal or I am going to be very slow in Some corners. Have practiced a lot so I hope I can compete with you Guys and fight with my teammate @Ollie_D631 in the constructurs :).

So if I am making a collision somewhere, please dont get mad at me because its the first time for me with wheel for AOR.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Sorry @GuytheGuy17, complete lag bubble and didn't hit you on my screen. I did break too late and on my screen avoided you, but all the same, was still my fault.

Very, very triggered right now. The VSC and the SC screwed me, and worked bloody miracles for @Ollie_D631, just wish I did nothing like @Klayyyyyy but thought my tyres weren't making a one stop. NOT THAT THAT WOULD'VE MATTERED.

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
@DemoN F1 Can i apply to have my 5 second penalty removed that cost me second place? I made a late braking move up the inside of @Klayyyyyy and @F1_Dan and into turn 1. I out braked myself and went wide and cut the chicane. The game gave me a penalty of 5 seconds but i let them back through immediately after i cut the corner, so therefore the penalty isnt justified.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
@DemoN F1 Can i apply to have my 5 second penalty removed that cost me second place? I made a late braking move up the inside of @Klayyyyyy and @F1_Dan and into turn 1. I out braked myself and went wide and cut the chicane. The game gave me a penalty of 5 seconds but i let them back through immediately after i cut the corner, so therefore the penalty isnt justified.
Stewards mate.

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
So qualy went surprisingly well, I was planning a cheeky soft qualy-1 stop so the rain ruined my plan, but I got faster and faster for P3, no catching Jeyk and Demon so I was very happy with that.
For the race I knew people would 1 stop, I went for softs on the off chance there was a SC between lap 10-13, turns out there was, however me, Ollie and Demon had broken away and they were 2 stopping, so in the end the SC just screwed an easy 10 second win... I battled Ollie and Dan to the end, in the last 2 laps I pulled clear for the win, felt great to finally win in F2 and beating the 2 title contenders on track made it even better :D Congrats on another pole @Jeyk and also @Ollie_D631 and @F1_Dan for extending their championship advantage over the rest of us :)

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
In qualifying, i did a good 1st run setting a decent lap time putting me on provisional pole. I went on my second run and binned it at the parabolica on my out lap :-/ . I went for a 2 stop in the race. I didnt think the 1 stop was possible to be honest. I had a good first few laps getting into the lead from 4th. Had a good battle with @DemoN F1 . the pace was great and i enjoyed a great battle with @F1_Dan and @Klayyyyyy until the end. I will wait to see if it is P2 or P3 in the end. GG @Klayyyyyy

Reactions: Klayyyyyy

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Quite sickening how this season is going. Another race win down the toilet, and perilously close to my first pole position yet again.

Genuinely only continuing on at the end of these races for the constructors now because this is getting shambolic

Reactions: Jeyk and Ollie_D631

Jeyk

Formula Karter
Jun 24, 2017

Quali went well which got me starting from pole position again although I lost one or two tenths in the exit of Parabolica (Quali lap @ 15:50 min). I wanted to do the 1 stop from Medium to Soft. At start directly lost a few positions in the first laps.
I didn't have the pace on the Mediums but I could hold on to the other Medium guys. Yeah, what can I say.. the rest of the race was pretty much a bad joke. Here a few events from the race:

27:35 min: @99Pipmatt fighting with @F1_Dan braking early at Turn 3 and me running into the back damaging my wings
32:08 min: clipping the kerb at Turn 3 and damaging my front wing even more by running into the wall and attempting to get out:banghead:
I went into the pits and changed to Soft going for 2 stints on the soft tyres
37:30 min: battle with @Jonas-NHK until 39:45 min
39:45 min: I ran into the back of @Jonas-NHK under SC (Brake test??) -> red wing damage again and drive-through penalty
41:30 min: I went onto mediums (I thought I had another new medium tyre, they gave me my used ones) + new front wing again, I didn't recognize it immediately so I decided to run those medium tyres until they collapse
46:55 min: I ran into the back of @Guiggs (same as in 27:35 min) ->yellow damage front wing
47:38 min: On my screen it showed drive through penalty this or next lap -> I go into the pits for attending my drive trough penalty and yeah they do a random pitstop putting me on Super Softs on lap 16 :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
the lap after I finally could attend my drive through penalty
57:14 min: Obviously I had to pit again because the Super Softs wouldn't last until end going again on Supers.
58:53 min: Fastest race lap :D:D:vamp:
1:05:50 min: Finishing miles behind in P10 :depressed: Still a point though.

Thanks and congrats to @Klayyyyyy for the win.

Floriswijers33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 10, 2016
First race with a wheel didn't end as planned. Had a good qualifying and after that a very good start. From p6 to p4. But then in ascari, I made a complete mistake and Just lost the back end and went hard in to the barriers. Could have been a good result but it Just wasn't my Day. Congrats to my teammate @Ollie_D631 to make it to the podium and score Some good points for the team. Congrats to the others to make it to the podium. Hopefully Next week it Will be a good weekend

Reactions: Ollie_D631

F1_Dan

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2015
Quali, P7: Haven't done a decent quali lap since Canada which is getting quite irritating

Race, P3: One of the better races I have had on this game. First stint was so frustrating trying to pull away from @99Pipmatt and @GuytheGuy17, then the SC on L11 I thought had ruined my race. Managed to conserve the tyres enough while sticking with @Klayyyyyy and @Ollie_D631 and had some grat battling. Very happy to come away with a podium and see you guys in Japan

Reactions: Klayyyyyy