PS4 - AOR F3 Round 10 - British Grand Prix - 17/12/17 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F3 Round 10 - British Grand Prix - 17/12/17 @ 8PM UK

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Hasnain

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Questions for this week
1. After a dominant performance from @mazais5727 last time out in Austria, how likely is it that him or anyone else can repeat that at any of the remaining races?
2. With the added downforce of the new cars meaning that some of the previous difficult corners of the past are now easy flat, is the Silverstone circuit too easy? Does it need the addition of another slow section?
3. Who do you want to see in the Williams seat next season and why? Who do you think will actually get it?
4. Predict the following:
i. Pole/Time:
ii. 1st:
iii. 2nd:
iv. Number of finishers:
5. Ask @zWoody a question... about anything

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
1. After a dominant performance from @mazais5727 last time out in Austria, how likely is it that him or anyone else can repeat that at any of the remaining races?
The grid is usually close and we've only had 2 races which have been dominated if I remember correctly. I hope I dominate one LOL.
2. With the added downforce of the new cars meaning that some of the previous difficult corners of the past are now easy flat, is the Silverstone circuit too easy? Does it need the addition of another slow section?
I think it makes the track more fun and high speed section in sector 2 is still difficult.
3. Who do you want to see in the Williams seat next season and why? Who do you think will actually get it?
Kubica. The problem with Williams is that they need a driver old enough for their martini sponsor, Kubica falls into that fine. Drivers like Sergey Sirotkin are not old enough but bring a lot of money with them which Williams can use to good effect.

i. Pole/Time: @AshRichardson_F1 1:27.5
ii. 1st: @mazais5727
iii. 2nd: Me?!
iv. Number of finishers: 12

5. Ask @zWoody a question... about anything.

Edit: How many times did you get called a “Rasta” or a “bloodclart” on your holiday?

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
It is possible if someone gets hooked up to a track but as the field is close it is a bit unlikely
Some of the corners are easier but it is still difficult to be truly fast around this place. Another slow section would be an interesting addition but it isn't essential
It would be nice to see Wehrlein get it cos I feel he deserves a chance in a reasonable car and he got screwed over by Ocon going to Force India however he most likely isn't going to get it cos of monetary reasons. It looks like it might be Sirotkin who's getting the seat as I believe that Williams have found a way around their driver age limit.
i. Pole/Time:
@Jonas-NHK / 1:27.266
ii. 1st: @Jonas-NHK
iii. 2nd: @mazais5727
iv. Number of finishers: 14
Do you regret buying F1 2017?

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
I will be there - glad to return after my two week holiday. I believe there will only be one more race I'm missing this season unless work happens to get in the way which is always possible.

Questions for this week:

Mazais is by far the quickest driver in this tier, and I was surprised to see he was placed here early in this season. If he qualifies out front he will be hard to catch, but I think that's true for everyone based on the nature of this game.

This circuit is far from easy IMO. A lot of the fast corners is hard to find the right grip to get a proper launch which makes setting up for a pass under DRS very cumbersome.

Paul diResta, bc I think he is the best of di resta.
I think it will go to Sirotkin.

i. Pole/Time:
Mazais - 1:27.6
ii. 1st: Hybrid_Nuke
iii. 2nd: Mazais
iv. Number of finishers: however many we start with - no DNFs

@xXVik-StarRxX : no bloodclarts, but I also tried to be an outstanding citizen enough to not be called one :D

@Hasnain : yes and no. If I didn't buy the game I wouldn't have met all you fine gentlemen, but also I do not enjoy driving on this game at all. I was close to breaking in to tier 1 2 seasons ago, rightfully placed in tier 2 last season, and then bumped down to tier 3 for this season (much like @Jonas-NHK ). The game has not been to my liking and with all the bugs and such in it, it's made it very hard to stay motivated.

Reactions: Hasnain

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
I will be there - glad to return after my two week holiday. I believe there will only be one more race I'm missing this season unless work happens to get in the way which is always possible.

Questions for this week:

Mazais is by far the quickest driver in this tier, and I was surprised to see he was placed here early in this season. If he qualifies out front he will be hard to catch, but I think that's true for everyone based on the nature of this game.

This circuit is far from easy IMO. A lot of the fast corners is hard to find the right grip to get a proper launch which makes setting up for a pass under DRS very cumbersome.

Paul diResta, bc I think he is the best of di resta.
I think it will go to Sirotkin.

i. Pole/Time:
Mazais - 1:27.6
ii. 1st: Hybrid_Nuke
iii. 2nd: Mazais
iv. Number of finishers: however many we start with - no DNFs

@xXVik-StarRxX : no bloodclarts, but I also tried to be an outstanding citizen enough to not be called one :D
Don’t know weather I should be happy or disappointed hahaha

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
I will be making it back home probably as you guys are joining the lobby. If I don’t make it, send an invite and I’ll join during qualy.

Callum Phillips

Formula Karter
May 13, 2017
I've been having de sync issues all today and yesterday and I know allot of others are suffering with this issue too

CRAZY--LEGS

Pro Karter
Mar 15, 2017
Alright lads! Just wondering when the Christmas and new year break is? Are we missing two weeks for Christmas and new year?

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
I've been having de sync issues all today and yesterday and I know allot of others are suffering with this issue too
Me and @McGrady-I were doing some practice yesterday and it was voiding our qualy laps even if we didn’t cut a corner. Also showed him using US tyres for a while before it changed to SS.

Honestly I think qualy could be a mess if people accidentally cut a corner on their out lap or their in lap on ANY of their attempts throughout the session.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
And please for everything F1 and AOR, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE SESSION IF YOU RETIRE. If the slipstream glitch happens cause of that, the rest of the race will literally be a train and nobody will be able to pass pretty much.

Don’t be that guy....even if you’re pissy about something that wasn’t your fault.

End rant.