PS4 - AOR F3 Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix - 04/03/18 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F3 Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix - 04/03/18 @ 8PM UK

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Sorry guys but I won't be racing tonight. I've had a bad stomach all night and this morning and still feel a bit weird tbh. I'd rather just recuperate than drive with a possible lack of energy. Feel gutted as Mexico would have been a good track for me.

See you all for the final 2 rounds.

Jonas-NHK

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 3, 2016
Wont make it home to the race. I have a handball game away to day. Sorry guys

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
The driving standards for this race were disgusting.
There's a difference between "hard racing" and using others as a wall or acting like you're in a go kart. Get real.

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report
Qualifying - P12
Race - P5
I had 2 laps invalidated in the same which would've put me in the top 5 probably but that meant I was stuck with my banker lap in P12. Luckily that meant the 1 stop was much easier going from supers to softs. I was probably too cautious on the first lap and had dropped down to 14th and was last by halfway of the second lap after a poor run through the last corner. I had a good run on DemoN going into lap 4 but messed up T1 and he managed to stay ahead. A few laps later, I managed to get past Caxaxic after he made a mistake into the stadium section, it seemed to me that he let me through. For the rest of the stint I was trying to chase down DemoN who had pulled a bit of a gap. On lap 13 I had a good run on him but he defended well and so I had to stick behind. On lap 15, i came to pit just as the leader closed upto me. I was last after the pitstop and it took me a few laps to get close enough to overtake Woody, I managed to get a good run out of the last corner and get around the outside of T1. A couple of laps later I managed a similar move on SMD_Mali. A few laps after that Vik basically let me through (to my surprise, but I'll take it I guess). After that, I let my teammate through as he was on fresher tyres and tried to stick to him as much as possible. For the last few laps I probably pushed more than I would've liked as DemoN was closing in on his supers but managed to keep it out of trouble with the rain coming down and in the end it was (somehow) P5 after penalties. I don't think I really deserved to finish that high but I'll take it.
Congrats to @JammyJames on the win and to @mazais5727 and @Nexus1011 on the podium. Also commiserations to @AshRichardson_F1 hopefully you'll have better luck in Brazil.