PS4 - AOR F3 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix - 26/11/17 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F3 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix - 26/11/17 @ 8PM UK

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

1) The much anticipated Monaco GP has now come and gone. Did you manage to stay out of trouble? How much would you have enjoyed a safety car period?

2) McLaren completely shocked the entire paddock with a 1-2 finish at Monaco after some rather poor showings earlier this season. Did you predict that either of these drivers had a shot at the win today? Is this a fluke or will we see these 2 American studs on the podium together again in a future race?

3) Up next we have Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve which needs a setup that allows for low downforce to be able to overtake on the 2 straightaways but also have enough bite to get through the back part of the track. Will we see a new polesitter and/or winner this coming Sunday? How close will the field be from top to bottom?

4) Do you use a wheel or a controller?

5) Ask @oo7_professional a question . . . about anything.

Last edited:

Jonas-NHK

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 3, 2016
1) The much anticipated Monaco GP has now come and gone. Did you manage to stay out of trouble? How much would you have enjoyed a safety car period?
I’m shocked that didn’t end up in the wall and it was my first time complete Monaco’s Grand Prix without any damage, so I’m really happy about it. I was P2 the hole race so I didn’t wanna see the safety car at all.
2) McLaren completely shocked the entire paddock with a 1-2 finish at Monaco after some rather poor showings earlier this season. Did you predict that either of these drivers had a shot at the win today? Is this a fluke or will we see these 2 American studs on the podium together again in a future race?
Probably
3) Up next we have Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve which needs a setup that allows for low downforce to be able to overtake on the 2 straightaways but also have enough bite to get through the back part of the track. Will we see a new polesitter and/or winner this coming Sunday? How close will the field be from top to bottom?
1.5 sec from top to bottom. And yes a new pole sitter I think we are going to see
Wheel
How much time do you put in every week to practice for the race?

Hasnain

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017

I managed to stay out of trouble for the first half of the race and then after that it all went wrong. A safety car might have been useful to keep up with the front pack cos my pace wasn't great but on the other hand it would've probably messed my rhythm of the track at that point

I knew that they both had a good chance of getting a good result going into the race and they made the most of the pace they had so fair play. I don't think it was a fluke and there is a possibility they could be in the top 3 again if they manage to have clean races.
The field is very close meaning everyone's pace is generally track dependent, so yeah I do think we'll see a new polesitter. The field will be separated by 1.2s
Controller #PadHacks

What sort of music do you teach and what's your favourite type of music?

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Not at all.. Actually I did till I wanted to check my tire wear and hit the wall.. From then on everything just got worse and worse. A Safety car would have helped me surely on my "3 wing" strategy
They were fast at monaco, so they can be fast everywhere ;)
Wheel

Did you get annoyed being stuck behind me the first stint in Monaco? :D

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014

Stayed completely out of trouble, surprisingly! Easily the best league race I've driven and managed. A safety car would have been the worst case scenario for me.

I actually was feeling confident of a podium, but I'll take the win. I was predicting I was going to be starting around 4th - 7th and would just wait for a couple of guys to falter in front of me but the outcome was much better. I wouldn't say this was necessarily a fluke but it is going to be difficult to keep high finishes up due to the closeness of this field.

I say there's a high likelihood of a new polesitter and possibly new winner this week. I also think we should bring our galoshes. I'm gonna say from 1st to last will be separated by 1.2 seconds.

Logitech G29

How long have you watched Formula 1 and who originally got you interested in it?

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
How much time do you put in every week to practice for the race?
Depends on the week, but usually I do around 3-5 hours. Sometimes a little more sometimes less. Don’t practice everyday. Most weeks, Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday a little and Sunday before the race. This week i was only able to practice Sunday after Monaco, Monday and Tuesday. Been out of town and won’t get back home until Sunday morning so I’ll try and do what I can this race.
What sort of music do you teach and what's your favourite type of music?
I teach 11-14 year old. Called Middle School here in America. I start them on instruments(flute, Clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, etc) and teach them how to play and then work with a band of all instruments when they get into their 2nd and 3rd year playing those instruments. My favorite type is Music is light jazz/hipster kinda Music. Like “Igcognito”, “Snarky Puppy”, etc.
Did you get annoyed being stuck behind me the first stint in Monaco? :D
Absolutely!!! Tried to get a good start and get ahead of you since it was your first league race with us, I predicted you might hold me up a little, so I tried and get past you in Turn 1 but that didn’t work out too well. I wasn’t overly aggressive in trying to pass you, was definitely coasting into corners riding the brakes a little trying to get the best possible run into the tunnel and out of La Rascasse but never got close enough. Looking forward to more on track battles with you. You seem like a very fair and hard racer :)
How long have you watched Formula 1 and who originally got you interested in it?
My dad is all about cars and F1 also. Since the day I was born as a baby I was in his arms watching F1. From what i can remember, me being 4-5-6 years old coming back from Church on Sundays and watching Michael Schumacher battle Mika Hakkinen sitting on my dads lap while my mom made lunch. It was always cheering for Ferrari and Michael. So I was raised with Ferrari being in my blood and to this day there is something about Ferrari that connects me to it. That’s down to my dad “brainwashing” me hahaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasnain

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
So....been pretty quiet on here. Surprised there’s hasn’t been more posts. Hoping we get at least half a grid tomorrow lol

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
@Bankai_Bullett I can race today but not 100% sure if I can be ready at 8. Can you guys wait 5 min for me?

I'm karting this morning and hoping that everything will be done in time for me to get home but if I don't make it, I don't make it ... if I'm not on by 8:05 then just send me some invites and I'll miss Q

• Informative
Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015

Nope, binned it too many times. My front row start gone to waste and got so furious that after 3 crashes I retired it in the pits. Would have loved to have seen the SC for obvious reasons.

Most races aren't won by having a fluky race, so they'll be around the top in the coming races for sure.

Hopefully me :p but I doubt that will happen with my luck this season.

A wheel that once famously broke it's clamp at Monaco of all tracks.

A year on, would you rather stick with Trump or have gone with Clinton instead?

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Seems I forgot to do the questions this week... better late than never I guess.

I enjoyed the race, but I am slightly annoyed that I couldn’t put the lap together in qualifying so I could’ve challenged for the win but that been the story for me the whole season, I haven’t put a lap together in quali yet.

It was a surprise considering the performances beforehand but that was unlucky, they do have pace.

I think the field will be close considering it’s a short lap. Setup is tricky here not gonna lie.

I use a T300 RS with T3PA pedals.