PS4 - AOR F3 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix - 26/11/17 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F3 Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix - 26/11/17 @ 8PM UK

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
5) Ask @oo7_professional a question . . . about anything.

A year on, would you rather stick with Trump or have gone with Clinton instead?
Hahaha I️ can’t fuc**** stand him. He’s by far the worst president we have or ever will have. People thoight George Bush was bad, but Bush looks like a genius compared to this clown.

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Weekly connection/fail to join issue, restarting PS4 as I type this.

Strange that this doesn't happen in other leagues I'm in...

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Q: 13th. Haven't touched the game since Tuesday so I rocked up and naturally was a bit slower than I wanted to be.

R: 10th. Avoided complete carnage on lap 1 to get up in to the middle of the top 10 but it took me about 5-6 laps to really shake the rust off before I really started reeling people in. I started overthinking strategy towards the end of my US stint and started making mistakes so I just pitted when I saw everyone else doing it even though I probably still had some tire life left.

When the pit sequence was done and dusted, I was right next to my teammate and starting to eek away from him until I hit the wall that is @Callum Phillips running some Houdini straightline speed setup and couldn't get by him very swiftly. I tried one time at the S turn at the start of sector 2 and almost had the pass completed but got a little loose on exit and could not capitalize. Soon it became both McLaren drivers battling and when my teammate started to get close to me, Callum's car began to lag a bit and his car came to an almost stop at the end of sector 1 and I got wing damage.
This didn't help my straightline speed at all which compounded the problem and then I just tried to drive hoping Callum had a penalty and because I had difficulty with turn in and the cars not being where they should, I earned 12 seconds of penalties in the second half of the race!

Bad race for me overall - could've had an easy 6th place but instead wind up down in 10th. See you guys in a few weeks when I'm back from my cruise.

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Q: Pole (yaaay ;))

R: 4th.. In round 2 already I started to struggle a bit with the grip and it just got worse and worse.. I was basically fighting the whole race against my own car. I really need to get some knowledge about setups, since the one I used today was just awful in the race. I tried to fight a bit in the beginning but in the end of my first stint I just lost my car in every corner. My rear end tried to overtake me when I was breaking and when I rolled through a corner.. It was really hard to keep it on the track. I went on Soft tires to at least be able to finish the race then but I had no chance to fight for the podium.. that was what I thought at least..In the end I was only 3 sec away from the leader due to all the time penalties the others had which really annoyed me because I just drove so slow in the end because I though I had no chance anymore..
Anyways, never expected to even fight for a podium here, so now I'm quite happy again ;)
It's my first F1 game and when I get used to the setups and just practice some 50% races I'm feeling confident to fight for wins here soon
Congrats to the podium!

Reactions: mazais5727

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Q: Pole (yaaay ;))

R: 4th.. In round 2 already I started to struggle a bit with the grip and it just got worse and worse.. I was basically fighting the whole race against my own car. I really need to get some knowledge about setups, since the one I used today was just awful in the race. I tried to fight a bit in the beginning but in the end of my first stint I just lost my car in every corner. My rear end tried to overtake me when I was breaking and when I rolled through a corner.. It was really hard to keep it on the track. I went on Soft tires to at least be able to finish the race then but I had no chance to fight for the podium.. that was what I thought at least..In the end I was only 3 sec away from the leader due to all the time penalties the others had which really annoyed me because I just drove so slow in the end because I though I had no chance anymore..
Anyways, never expected to even fight for a podium here, so now I'm quite happy again ;)
It's my first F1 game and when I get used to the setups and just practice some 50% races I'm feeling confident to fight for wins here soon
Congrats to the podium!
That was a solid pole lap, nice one!

Reactions: McGrady-I

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Q: 5th

R: Was spun by @Hasnain on first corner, down to last. Lots of cars pit on lap 1 so up a few places. Put the consistency in or tried too and set off towards the leaders. I believed I could catch the podium before the end since I was running a high downforce set up.

After the first stop me and @zWoody came out together so with him in front setting the pace we race ahead to catch the field. First one(and last one) was @Callum Phillips, who put up one of the best fights I’ve ever seen. It was amazing. From lap 21 or something to the end was wheel to wheel with him, @zWoody, @leedamastr. It was epic. Gotta admit my driving wasn’t the cleanest at times but I was going for it 100% every lap till the end. So...with that came some penalties.

Overall Amazing race with exceptional drivers. Had 12 seconds of penalities so went from 6th to 9th but it is what it is. Had lots of fun today so that’s good. Can’t wait to race with you guys again!

Here’s lap 19 to the end. Last 10 laps are just crazy.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
04:25 right now... and I'm STILL absolutely FUMING at what happened to me during the race.

Q: P16 - No Time
Attempted to set a lap... but invalidated it, so I just didn't bother again.

R: P13
Jumped the start... which set the tone really.
Managed to avoid most of the carnage at the start, until I was forced off the track by a Merc, which damaged my wing a little.
Did 23 laps on the S, so I come in to switch for US, and because Codemasters REFUSE to fix the damn game, I get stacked up behind an invisible @CRAZY--LEGS (who'd retired before I even entered the pits... by 2 laps or something) and I get stuck there for 80 SECONDS!!!
THEN!
To rub salt in, I had an 8 second stop.
Came out, a lap down and ROYALLY pissed off, and then proceeded to rack up 15 secs worth of penalties (Most I've ever gotten I believe) and for the rest of the race, found myself chasing down a battle for P6 that by rights, I should've been apart of.

So, to sum up...

F*ck this track.
F*ck this game.
F*ck Codemasters.
Just... F*ck.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: mazais5727

Nexus1011

F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Q: 11th
Once again not happy with my quali performance...only 11.5 and i had easy 5 or 6 tenths in it...shame.

R: 11th provisional...possibly 8th without penalties
My race was ruined already in the first turn...two or three cars tangled up and i tried to avoid them but @zWoody made a contact with me and broke my endplate which gave me yellow wing...moments after that i'm kinda getting squeezed out and left part of the wing is getting damaged...
Ofc i had to pit and at that point i did put on Softs...which i probably shouldn't because Ultras would give me much more grip and time...oh well.
I actually had a decent times, but Soft really didn't work with a full fuel load in the car...they took some time to turn on but at that point i was battling with @xXVik-StarRxX and i was loosing so much time...
He finally got trough on a fresher tyres and after that i just decided to stay behind him and save some fuel and tyre life (at that point i was planing to go to the end on Softs) but then @xXVik-StarRxX starts to battle with some guys in front and again i'm loosing time behind them as it's very tough to make a pass when all of us are sharing DRS...
Somehow @iceman82100 who was 3-4 sec behind started to catch up on me (and cars in front) and he makes a pass on my as i was battling other cars in T1 and T2...fair play to him.

After all of that i had a better pace but then in L14 @iceman82100 makes a mistake coming out of the final chicane and leaves the door open on his inside line...ofc i'm going for it when he probably doesn't see me and turns into me...we totally went of the track in T1 and T2 and ofc i get another damage on my front wing which requires another pit...race ruined once again. I even got an 3 sec corner cut penalty and 5 sec stop and go penalty for corner cut...so another 8 sec time penalty for nothing.
I was fuming...went into the pits on SuperSofts to the end of the race...i drove some REALLY good laps...super consistent in low to mid 13s...i was probably fastest man on the track and at the end i finished P11 from P16.

So yeah...not a good race once again...once again i wasn't able to show my great pace due to careless driving of others and pure bad luck.

Last edited:

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Very odd that our contact gave you endplate damage. Such a weird angle and hit for that to happen, I don't think I've seen it before. Sorry that happened but I didn't know you were gonna turn like that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nexus1011

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Once again not happy with my quali performance...only 11.5 and i had easy 5 or 6 tenths in it...shame.

My race was ruined already in the first turn...two or three cars tangled up and i tried to avoid them but @zWoody made a contact with me and broke my endplate which gave me yellow wing...moments after that i'm kinda getting squeezed out and left part of the wing is getting damaged...
Ofc i had to pit and at that point i did put on Softs...which i probably shouldn't because Ultras would give me much more grip and time...oh well.
I actually had a decent times, but Soft really didn't work with a full fuel load in the car...they took some time to turn on but at that point i was battling with @xXVik-StarRxX and i was loosing so much time...
He finally got trough on a fresher tyres and after that i just decided to stay behind him and save some fuel and tyre life (at that point i was planing to go to the end on Softs) but then @xXVik-StarRxX starts to battle with some guys in front and again i'm loosing time behind them as it's very tough to make a pass when all of us are sharing DRS...
Somehow @iceman82100 who was 3-4 sec behind started to catch up on me (and cars in front) and he makes a pass on my as i was battling other cars in T1 and T2...fair play to him.

After all of that i had a better pace but then i L14 @iceman82100 makes a mistake coming out of the final chicane and leaves the door open on his inside line...ofc i'm going for it when he probably doesn't see me and turns into me...we totally went of the track in T1 and T2 and ofc i get another damage on my front wing which requires another pit...race ruined once again. I even got an 3 sec corner cut penalty and 5 sec stop and go penalty for corner cut...so another 8 sec time penalty for nothing which.
I was fuming...went into the pits on SuperSofts to the end of the race...i drove some REALLY good laps...super consistent in low to mid 13s...i was probably fastest man on the track and at the end i finished P11 from P16.

So yeah...not a good race once again...once again i wasn't able to show my great pace due to careless driving of others and pure bad luck.

Your first 3 corners are really the unluckiest I've ever seen. Must be so frustrating

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016

After all of that i had a better pace but then i L14 @iceman82100 makes a mistake coming out of the final chicane and leaves the door open on his inside line...ofc i'm going for it when he probably doesn't see me and turns into me...we totally went of the track in T1 and T2 and ofc i get another damage on my front wing which requires another pit...race ruined once again. I even got an 3 sec corner cut penalty and 5 sec stop and go penalty for corner cut...so another 8 sec time penalty for nothing which.

It seems I compromised your race.... sorry lol

• Funny

Nexus1011

F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Very odd that our contact gave you endplate damage. Such a weird angle and hit for that to happen, I don't think I've seen it before. Sorry that happened but I didn't know you were gonna turn like that.
Nahh we are good.
I think this is just a bad Codies connection and pure bad luck...
[DOUBLEPOST=1511884351][/DOUBLEPOST]
It seems I compromised your race.... sorry lol
You were pretty damn quick on those Softs...i didn't had the grip i needed.
Anyway fair play to you. :)

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P7
Race - P8 (provisional)
I wasn't really sure what my pace would be like compared to others in qualifying, so I went for 2 run with 2 laps each. On my 2nd lap I blew up the last chicane giving me a purple last sector. On my 2nd lap I tried as hard as I could to beat it but couldn't unfortunately so ended up P7 with a dodgy lap, my 2nd best time would've had me P9.
At the start of the race I had a good reaction time but had wheelspin so couldn't really gain much, into T1 there was a gap and for some reason I went for it, however the door was always closing and I ran into @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL causing him to spin. After letting him through, I was at the back of the field and so decided to go aggressive with the strategy and just push for the rest of the race on a 2 stop. On lap 5 @iceman82100 had an issue at T6 and I got past him.
My tyres were starting to slide about on lap 7 so decided to pit for supers. Luckily I managed to come out just ahead of @Digsha who was on ultras. After a few laps I managed to pull away and went on about catching the group ahead. On lap 16, I made a mistake going into the last chicane and @leedamastr managed to get past on fresh supers. A couple of laps later I caught up to the group ahead and started battling, however I was losing a lot of time so decided to make my second stop for supers again.
I came out in 14th with some ground to make. Managed to get @iceman82100 down the back straight, @Bankai_Bullett was next but he had his never ending pit stop (#GGCodies). After that I had a bit of clean air to chase after @xXVik-StarRxX. After catching him, it took a few laps to make an opportunity to pass. I got a good run out of T9 and was alongside, and then I got him around the outside of the hairpin with my fresher tyres, also thanks to him for leaving enough space on the exit. After that it was just about chasing the pack that I was battling with before my second stop.
With 3 laps to go I had caught upto them. On lap 33 I got past @zWoody on the back straight. On the next lap, I had a good run out of T4 and was pulling towards @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL. Once again, I went for a gap that was always closing in T5 and hit @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL. This time he pulled off quite a save but unfortunately I had orange wing damage for the last 1 and a half laps basically ending my chances of gaining any more positions. A couple of cars behind overtook me and I brought the car home P8 after penalties.
A race of what could've been for me, but I let myself down with my own decision making, although the last stint was good fun.
Anyway, congrats to @Jonas-NHK on the win and to @mazais5727 and @AshRichardson_F1 on the podium.
I know that I should've slowed down with a corner cut that big in qualifying, it just didn't occur to me quickly enough in qualifying. I'd also like to apologise to @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL for both incidents, they were both completely my fault, and also apologies to anyone else who had issues thanks to that T1 incident on lap 1.
Best quali lap - 1:18
Race start - 3:43
Lap 34 incident - 13:15

• Friendly
Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL