PS4 - AOR F3 Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - 3/12/17 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F3 Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - 3/12/17 @ 8PM UK

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Woody

Jonas

1) Were you surprised to see dry conditions in Canada, or did you bank on the entire session being dry?

2) Tell everyone your thoughts on Baku and how confident you feel you can put in a good result here.

3) Now that we have several races under our belt, who on track do you feel is your biggest rival?

4) Predict the following positions :
Polesitter / Time:
Winner:
3rd:
First DNF:

5) Ask @leedamastr a question . . . about anything.

Last edited:

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 5, 2017
1) Were you surprised to see dry conditions in Canada, or did you bank on the entire session being dry?

Maybe not surprised, but quite happy. I believe I'm the worst driver in the wet here.

2) Tell everyone your thoughts on Baku and how confident you feel you can put in a good result here.

It's not one of my favourite tracks, but I'll try to get a more stable setup so I'm confident to at least enjoy the race without sliding around like in Canada.

3) Now that we have several races under our belt, who on track do you feel is your biggest rival?

In both races Jonas was really close to me in the beginning but I had no chance so far to compete with him over the whole race. So yeah.. My goal is to beat him one day ;)

Polesitter / Time: mazais
1:40:583
Winner: ash
3rd: Jonas
First DNF: whoever qualifies p11 ;)

Don't know who you are right now, sorry. Haha So what's your psn actually?

Hasnain

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Yeah I was surprised to see dry conditions especially on this game which has more rain than usual, however I was kind of banking on it being dry as I had done no wet practice at all.

It's not my favourite track but I don't hate it. If you get into a good rhythm you can get a good sense of speed, and the addition of the high kerbs makes it an interesting challenge. I'm not too confident of my pace around here but as long as I keep my nose clean I should hopefully be okay.

Probably @xXVik-StarRxX as I'm usually close to him in quali or I end up battling him on track. Of course @zWoody is level on points with me but I haven't really been near him other than last time out in Canada
Polesitter / Time:
@mazais5727 / 1:40.116
Winner:
@mazais5727
3rd:
@Callum Phillips
First DNF:
Me

What's your favourite Austin Powers film?

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016

Nah not really lol, I wanted it to be a dry race anyway.

Baku is alright, I can get solid points here I think

To be honest I don’t have a damn clue who my rival is, haven’t really been paying attention to who I’m battling lol. EVERYONE IS MY RIVAL.

Polesitter / Time: @mazais5727 1.40....
Winner: @mazais5727
3rd: @Jonas-NHK
First DNF: @Callum Phillips

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015

Don't know who you are right now, sorry. Haha So what's your psn actually?
X_L33TH3R34P3R_X

What's your favourite Austin Powers film?
Has to be International Man of Mystery for many, many reasons. The Spy Who Shagged Me is also very good but sequels are rarely better than the first movie, this one seems almost equal. Goldmember is just **** tbh.

Reactions: Hasnain

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015

Not really, I expected a bit of mixed conditions but didn’t mind the entire session being dry.

I like the track if I get into a rhythm. Not sure how everyone will do here as it’s a bit like Monaco. Lots of walls and not very forgiving at points. I expect we’ll see some DNF’s hopefully not including me though. I think if I keep my focus I can get a good result.

No idea, since my performances and luck haven’t been good. I know who I should and can be fighting with, it’s just a matter of putting myself in that position and hoping no one interferes with that.

Polesitter / Time: @McGrady-I 1.40.6
Winner: @mazais5727
3rd: @AshRichardson_F1
First DNF: @seajamiet

If you could drive any F1 car, what would you pick?

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Well that went well... Ended up hitting my team mate twice in T1 and T2 due to late braking, then braked for the pit entrance and hit the wall - Race over...

Time to go and find a nice choice of words, fly to Hermann Tilke's house and tell him what a piece of sh*t track Baku is.

Nexus1011

F1 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2016
Q: 9th not a great quali once again...only 41.6 for me...and i had at least 40.9 in me...

R: 5th
Finally a great clean race for me...
I had a great start when i went on the outside and gain 2 positions in first few corners. After that i was battling @McGrady-I and we had a great battle.
I did make a pass on L5 and after that me and rest of the Top 5 pulled away a drove pretty equal times...
In Lap 11 i made my pitstop which was overcut of 2 laps in comparison with @xXVik-StarRxX and rest of the guys. All the way until L20 i was catching @xXVik-StarRxX when he makes mistake going into Castle section and brakes his wing. I took a P5 and drove it to the end 2.3 sec of @AshRichardson_F1 .

Reactions: mazais5727