Apr 4, 2015
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Lee
CrazyLegs (50/50)
Digsha
Woody
Vik (50/50)

How do you feel about the Red Bull Ring? Is it too short for F1? Do you prefer the old layout? How is your pace around there?

Have you been better in qualifying or the race so far this season?

What do you make of the Sauber Alfa Romeo announcement? How much do you think Ferrari will help the out in terms of development?

Predict the following positions

Pole / time:

2nd (race):

4th (race):

Ask @McGrady-I a question about anything.

Last edited:

Jonas-NHK

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 3, 2016
How do you feel about the Red Bull Ring? Is it too short for F1? Do you prefer the old layout? How is your pace around there?
I like short tracks I dont know why but I do. I prefer the new layout. My pace has been decent around here on the other f1 games.

Have done way better in the race so far. But that’s not a surprise qualy is my weak spot when it comes to racing.

What do you make of the Sauber Alfa Romeo announcement? How much do you think Ferrari will help the out in terms of development?
Nice it really good for Sauber and I like it because Marcus Ericsson is maybe going to get a good car. I don’t think Ferrari help them too much.

Pole / time: mcgrady. have no idea

2nd (race): mazais

4th (race): ash

What do you think off sauber keeping Marcus instead of Wherlein?

Last edited:

Nexus1011

F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Love this track. This layout is pretty great...altough in RL we are not seeing that great races around here because it's hard to follow other cars.
Pace should be alright.

Races definitely. I have a very good one lap pace but this season i just can't get it right...

Great for F1...huge and historic name like Alfa Romeo will surely mean stabilty for Sauber in next few years.
How will it help Ferrari? It won't...it's their junior team and Sauber will handle their own bussines.

Pole / time: 1:05.500
1st (race) @mazais5727

2nd (race): @AshRichardson_F1

4th (race): @Jonas-NHK

I have no meaningful questions :D

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
I love this track, I think it flows well nicely and its easy to hook up a lap around here. I prefer this layout, because I don't remember the old layout lol. I haven't done any laps yet but I imagine my pace should be fairly strong.

ive been much better in the race but that was the opposite in Baku when I qualified 4th and finished 7th so maybe I have improved my 1 lap pace? Only time will tell.

I think its great that we have Alfa Romeo in F1 again, hopefully its boosts Sauber up into the Mid-Field and they can maybe challenge for the points. If Ferrari are pumping money into this they might be shooting themselves in the foot with their own car. They might not win the championship they've been dreaming for.

Pole / time: @mazais5727 1:05.899

2nd (race): Yes i'm going to say it...... ME

4th (race): @McGrady-I

Why did you want to get into league racing and summarise your first couple of races in 1 word.

RoadRunner

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2015
This will be my real AOR debut race. Looking forward to getting a good result. Points finish is possible. No expectations yet. Just having fun and fair drive

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 5, 2017

It's just a random track for me, fun to drive in clean air, probably really hard to follow someone in the race in dirty air but I think we'll see a lot of overtakes, because small mistakes can cost a lot of time there. I'm just a bit scared of time penalties and the pit exit.

way better in qualifying.. I made some huge setup mistakes and I'm always a bit too nervous still. Also I feel like everyone here is much faster in the race compared to quali.

car looks great, I hope they get more competitive. Ferrari won't do too much probably.

Pole / time: @Jonas-NHK 1:05:900

2nd (race): @xXVik-StarRxX

4th (race): @AshRichardson_F1

Why haven't you had a single podium finish so far with these promising Quali's mate? :D

@Jonas-NHK What do you think off sauber keeping Marcus instead of Wherlein?
I liked Wehrlein, he's a chilled guy and had a pace advantage I think. I hope he'll find his way back into F1 soon.

@xXVik-StarRxX Why did you want to get into league racing and summarise your first couple of races in 1 word.
I played about 1 month of 2016, when the game was on sale for 20€. A friend always pushed me to play it and also pushed me into a german fun league for 2017. I haven't been really interested and only played it because he wanted me to, but after a couple of races I started to enjoy the game, switched the assists off and practiced a bit. When I got faster than my friends I started to look for a league without assists and faster drivers to learn from. The AOR concept was just perfect for me then.

My first couple of races: fun

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016

It's just a random track for me, fun to drive in clean air, probably really hard to follow someone in the race in dirty air but I think we'll see a lot of overtakes, because small mistakes can cost a lot of time there. I'm just a bit scared of time penalties and the pit exit.

way better in qualifying.. I made some huge setup mistakes and I'm always a bit too nervous still. Also I feel like everyone here is much faster in the race compared to quali.

car looks great, I hope they get more competitive. Ferrari won't do too much probably.

Pole / time: @Jonas-NHK 1:05:900

2nd (race): @xXVik-StarRxX

4th (race): @AshRichardson_F1

Why haven't you had a single podium finish so far with these promising Quali's mate? :D

@Jonas-NHK What do you think off sauber keeping Marcus instead of Wherlein?
I liked Wehrlein, he's a chilled guy and had a pace advantage I think. I hope he'll find his way back into F1 soon.

@xXVik-StarRxX Why did you want to get into league racing and summarise your first couple of races in 1 word.
I played about 1 month of 2016, when the game was on sale for 20€. A friend always pushed me to play it and also pushed me into a german fun league for 2017. I haven't been really interested and only played it because he wanted me to, but after a couple of races I started to enjoy the game, switched the assists off and practiced a bit. When I got faster than my friends I started to look for a league without assists and faster drivers to learn from. The AOR concept was just perfect for me then.

My first couple of races: fun
That’s quite an interesting story that your friend made you play F1 games and now your league racing. Also pretty fast too!

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017

It's a good fun track, I'll say it's probably on the limit of being too short. Would have been nice to see the old layout in action and maybe try it out but this one ain't too bad. My pace isn't looking too great tbh
I think I've generally been better in the race this season, can't seem to nail a lap on when it matters most
It's a good thing for Sauber as they now have more backing to become a team that will at least be getting points more regularly. It's also good for Ferrari as they can now try out their junior drovers 'in house' and get data first hand about their drivers. It would've been better if they had kept Wehrlein or put Giovinazzi ahead of Ericsson. Although Ericsson isn't horrendous, he's had a lot of time and hasn't done too much, this season will be a good test to see how fast he really is.

Pole / time:
@AshRichardson_F1 / 1:05.385

2nd (race):
@McGrady-I

4th (race):
@oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

What do you think of everyone's pace in the league, were you expecting us to be quicker or are we where you thought we'd be?

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
There's a good chance I may be a no show tomorrow. If I'm only getting the early onset of cold/flu today then tomorrow is likely to be worse... :sick:

I'll assess my condition tomorrow but if I feel like I physically have no energy then I won't be showing up I'm afraid.

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 5, 2017
What do you think of everyone's pace in the league, were you expecting us to be quicker or are we where you thought we'd be?
@Hasnain
Actually when I signed up in AOR I expected to start around league 5-6 maybe. I really wanna race others without any assists so I'm really happy to got into F3.
I couldn't really expect a lot, I just noticed that my qualifying pace is really good, but my race pace is probably below average compared to you guys

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
@Hasnain
Actually when I signed up in AOR I expected to start around league 5-6 maybe. I really wanna race others without any assists so I'm really happy to got into F3.
I couldn't really expect a lot, I just noticed that my qualifying pace is really good, but my race pace is probably below average compared to you guys
I think your just lacking consistency, if you get that you’ll be very good

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
There's a good chance I may be a no show tomorrow. If I'm only getting the early onset of cold/flu today then tomorrow is likely to be worse... :sick:

I'll assess my condition tomorrow but if I feel like I physically have no energy then I won't be showing up I'm afraid.
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to pull out of tonights race I'm afraid. At the moment I'm still feeling like sh*t with the usual flu symptoms (sore throat, cough, runny and stuffed nose etc etc...) and they don't seem like they are abating. The last thing I want to do is lose concentration and/or ruin someone's race purely because I don't feel right.

I will be back for Britain on the 17th, which I believe is the last race b4 the xmas break?

CRAZY--LEGS

Pro Karter
Mar 15, 2017
Just so you know might not be able to make this race as I’m out at dinner, I hope il be back in time

Digsha

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Unfortunately I am not able to race today. Good luck to all ✌

And be aware of Iceman and me

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
All electricity in my area has turned off and it’s expected to come back at 11pm, it’s possible I won’t race and @Bankai_Bullett will have to host this one. I’ll update in 15mins but it’s not looking good.

• Informative
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
All electricity in my area has turned off and it’s expected to come back at 11pm, it’s possible I won’t race and @Bankai_Bullett will have to host this one. I’ll update in 15mins but it’s not looking good.
*UPDATE*

Still no signs of electric coming back, which is a shame, really wanted to race here. This has happened in Season 12 and now Season 14 wtf

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
You set your house alight again?
Hahaha no not this time lol. There’s an estate about 5mins from where I live and the electric shut down there. I think they turned my areas off as well so they can fix everyone else without getting electrocuted lol