PS4 - AOR F5 Round 10 - British Grand Prix [17/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 10 - British Grand Prix [17/12/17 8:00pm]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

OTG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 3, 2014
Q - 14
R - Up to 3rd then I got kicked from this crap game 3 times so I just gave up.

I could of won with my pace and the strategy of S-SS. In one lap I went from 14th to 3rd. Feeling robbed and sick of this game. Honestly so pissed off right now with this crap that’s ruined my chances of a win.

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Didn't know it was possible but this was even more (and way more) frustrating than Baku.

Q: 8
Was a bit pissed off already when I saw it was wet, since I thought my qualy pace would finally be decent. First two laps were pure horseshit but last one was ok.

R: 12
Ok start and then into sector 2 once again I could not avoid a spinning car (it seems to be @Malaske every time :p). I pitted with wing damage putting me into dead last, but to make it far more worse, they dind't change my front wing. So yeah pitted again and than I had a lonely race untill the end almost. Took the fastest lap a few times so pace was good. At least had a little battle with @Dion Verhoeven. If I take away the time of 2 extra stops, a stop go penalty, 2 laps with wing damage and a wing change, that would have been around P3 or 4 or something.

So yeah really pissed off to end my points run on one of my stronger tracks.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q; 15th
R; 7th.
Knocked 'off' 3 times, but kept her out off the wall.
Yeah, happy !!
Footage is loading :)

Last edited:

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
passed @ShaunG123 around outside as he was struggling with damaged wing.
decided to give the place back as I passed off the track. Also i don't know if this happens to anyone else but I received a 5 second stop and go and it made me serve it in the pitlane but it also adds on a 5 sec penalty at the end of race aswell. Its happened a few times unfortunately

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
decided to give the place back as I passed off the track. Also i don't know if this happens to anyone else but I received a 5 second stop and go and it made me serve it in the pitlane but it also adds on a 5 sec penalty at the end of race aswell. Its happened a few times unfortunately
Yes same happened to me with the stop go penalty. Think it cost me a position but will look at that tomorrow.

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
I got a stop go when entering the pits and then had a 10 second penalty at the end of the race. Defo had no other pens as i checked the race director. Strange

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Qualy: 7th
Race: 3rd

Qualy: Did two timed laps back to back, with the 2nd being decent enough for 7th. Unfortunately did not have time to go back out at the end.

Race: Made a safe start and thanks to avoiding a collision in front of me, I ended up in around 5th/6th. Had a fantastic battle with @Artur & @Francis mcginn. Was clearly faster at that stage on super softs but couldn't get past. Finally I got a better exit from Copse and was through on the run down to the next few turns. Pitted on Lap 10 for mediums. Wasn't sure the softs would last so played it safe. Pushed on and eventually after everyone had pitted, found myself well clear in 3rd. From there I just drove to the finish line with nobody around me.

Delighted to get another podium on the board. Need to push on for a win next year though. Congrats on the win @Senaattori & very well done to @Jeton on getting 2nd.

Have a nice Christmas everyone. See you next year!

Reactions: Senaattori

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Q: 3rd
R: 6th

I was really happy to be starting closer to the front this time. I opted to start on the softs and do a 1 stop. Unfortunately I had a lot of wheel spin at the start and lost a place to @Senaattori. Halfway through the lap and I got a tap from @fabri1699 that knocked me down to 13th. Luckily no damage. I had some really good battles with @Wesley3071, @ShaunG123, francisjessica and @REYLAP_93. I was up to 5th on lap 26. But was having to run lean to make it to the end and just couldnt hold off @REYLAP_93 with bad tires and no fuel. He finished just a few seconds ahead of me. The game said he had 10 seconds of penalties. But it didnt apply those penalties. 5 seconds of his penalties were from an unserved stop-go. Which @fabri1699 and @Wesley3071 also recieved. Not sure what thats about. Still lots of bugs in this game. I really hope they fix the online in f1 2018.
I had a really fun race despite the bad first lap. It was just a race incident. An amazing race from @REYLAP_93 who started 15th and displayed some great skill. And congrats to @Senaattori @Jeton and @Dale Stones.

Senaattori

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
P4 in wet quali, would've been P3 but fabri was making gap to the cars in front and was in my way in the last corners. That also ruined my next and final lap. I was only driver in TOP-4 who started with SS and it was right call again. I overtook @Malaske at the start and @Artur in the last corners of first lap. Lap 3 I went in to the lead in Stowe and kept @Jeton behind with 1,5 second marginal before my stop on lap 10. I overtook a few cars again and drove into easy victory as @Jeton spun behind me.

@OTG your internet connection was horrible yesterday. When I was behind you, I couldn't overtake you as you were bouncing so much. Maybe would've lost the race there if @Jeton didn't spun. I hope you can fix it in Christmas break.

About that penalty bug: If you have 5 second stop&go and you serve it, then it won't add it on the results but it still shows that penalty. For example, @Jeton had stop&go and results shows that he is 11,6 seconds behind me and has 13 seconds penalties. I didn't have penalties at all and finished before him so game added only that 3 seconds for him. Sorry guys can't explain it better in English but it's common bug for Finnish league coordinators :D

Reactions: de-thomas

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Q: 3rd
R: 6th

I was really happy to be starting closer to the front this time. I opted to start on the softs and do a 1 stop. Unfortunately I had a lot of wheel spin at the start and lost a place to @Senaattori. Halfway through the lap and I got a tap from @fabri1699 that knocked me down to 13th. Luckily no damage. I had some really good battles with @Wesley3071, @ShaunG123, francisjessica and @REYLAP_93. I was up to 5th on lap 26. But was having to run lean to make it to the end and just couldnt hold off @REYLAP_93 with bad tires and no fuel. He finished just a few seconds ahead of me. The game said he had 10 seconds of penalties. But it didnt apply those penalties. 5 seconds of his penalties were from an unserved stop-go. Which @fabri1699 and @Wesley3071 also recieved. Not sure what thats about. Still lots of bugs in this game. I really hope they fix the online in f1 2018.
I had a really fun race despite the bad first lap. It was just a race incident. An amazing race from @REYLAP_93 who started 15th and displayed some great skill. And congrats to @Senaattori @Jeton and @Dale Stones.
[/QUOTE

Cheers but, I'm pleased i caught and passed you cause you had more pace in the first stint... I always do better in races with higher tyre wear. Did you have damage in the last stint? And yeah I only had a 5 seconds worth of pens and it applied 5 but said 10... Codemasters logic hopefully more races like that to come!

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
No damage. But I was really low on fuel having to run lean mix and tires were completely gone by the last few laps.

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Here is my race video... It's late and the quality is terrible but I had to use rural ireland internet to upload it which is shockingly bad

Fun race, hope for more like it in the new year. Have a good christmas everyone.