PS4 - AOR F5 Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix [ 21/01/2018 8PM UK ] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix [ 21/01/2018 8PM UK ]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Big chance I'll be missing this one. Have a birthday sunday night and I believe we'll be going out for dinner. Might be home in time but highly doubt it.

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Big chance I'll be missing this one. Have a birthday sunday night and I believe we'll be going out for dinner. Might be home in time but highly doubt it.
Won't make it unfortuntately. Service isnt very fast in the restaurant here :p Shame since I had some good results yesterday

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Italy. :arghh::arghh::arghh:
WTF happened from lap 23 till the finish??

Last edited:

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Quali: P5
Race: P7 (maybe 6, I honestly don´t remember)

My quali laps weren´t perfect but I was happy with my temporary 3rd position. Sadly I dindn´t take the dry tire gamble (congratulations to Vanoss and @ShaunG123 on your big balls ;) ) so I moved down to 5th.

At the start of the race my internet had a stroke or something, because on the run down to turn one all the cars were jumping around the racetrack like panicing frogs. I therefore broke way to early for turn one and still managed to brake my fron wing. When going into the pits at the end of the first lap I tried to lose as little time as possible, broke as late as I thought was possible... and got myself a 5 second stop-go penalty. Note to myself: trying to gain time by doing things you are not 100% sure about often loses you time :/ . From then on I just pushed on a set of softs and managed to set the fastest lap along the way and even better it a few times. At my second pitstop on lap 16 I entered the pits just behind @REYLAP_93 , but lost out to him again, because of my five second stop and go penalty. On the set of supersoft tires I received from my pit crew I gave it everything again and found myself in a battle for the fastest lap with @nikki (spoiler: I won that duel). Although I had come out of the pits in dead last position I managed to catch and overtake a few cars along the way.
In conclusion I was very happy with my performance where I made two stupid miistakes, because apart from three minor cornercuts those were the only ones I made yesterday. My pace was probably good enough for the win, but that was just no possibilty after what had happened at the start.
Edit: Also a huge apology to @Philip_66 for the incident on lap 26. I only realised what happend there after skipping through your footage. I tried to avoid the slow car on the right in the wrongest way possible and went over to your line instead of using my bra(in)kes. I did not want to ruin your final laps and kill your fun.

Congratulations to @nikki on the win and my teammate @ShaunG123 for gaining us some sweet points.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunG123