PS4 - AOR F5 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix - 19/11/17 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix - 19/11/17 @ 8PM UK

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Oh god, not this track... Wonder how many front wings I will lose this time :facepalm:

Internet back up, so will be available again for this one.

Reactions: Elite_sultan

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Safest way to start here is pole or back marker. So; no worries.
Just hope i wont get knocked off into the barriers, this race.
Thats what probably everybody is hoping for mate ;) Looking forward to this race tho

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Hi guys i will nt be racing sunday as i have hurt my knee and cnt use the pedals sry hppefully i will b ok for nxt weeks race good luck everyone

Dion Verhoeven

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 19, 2017
Quali: P7, could have been around P3 but messed up
Race: DNF, because of this (around 3 minutes into the clip)

The start was actually clean to my surprise, but then things went from bad to worse.
After the incident, I misjudged my braking and was out.
Don't know what the Ferrari was doing but I probably wouldn't have finished anyway so I'm not really bothered tbh.

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Really mixed feelings about this one.

Qualy: P5
Race: P5

Qualy decent. Was aiming for a low 11 but couldn't really get a good one together. P5, OK.

Then in lap 1 i got hit from behind into Mirebeau and got damage. Pitted to softs with the intension to do the 1 stop. When i got lapped though i bottled it and damaged my wing in turn 1 after braking too late. Them onto the supersofts and drove a flawless race pretty much from then. When I was right behind @fabri1699 in the lead I was quicker (you had damege or not?) but no point taking any risks as I was increasing the gap behind and the gap in front was 50 seconds. My teammate pitted in the end so the gap came down to 25 seconds. Maybe P5 was the maximum but without a 3 stop, who knows..
[DOUBLEPOST=1511127070][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah and they dind't change my yellow wing so that's why i had to make a 3rd stop

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Q: 16
R: 15 DNF lap 4

Was on my first hotlap with less than 2 minutes left when I just barely missed @Elite_sultan. I locked up and broke the wing on the barrier. It wasnt a great lap. But I still had time for another go. But wasn't going to happen with half a wing. Was doing consistent low 1:11's in practice. So I think I could've been in the top 5.

I let the pack get ahead a few car lengths so I could have time to dodge any spun out cars in turn 1. I managed to avoid any damage until lap 4. I was following @Wesley3071 just waiting for an opportunity to get by without any risk. @DimazMuharri tried to make a lunge down my inside. But I closed that door and showed him why that was a bad idea. When we got to the swimming pool section, @Wesley3071 bounced off the left wall, hit the right wall and then back across to the left and pinned me against the wall. Terminal damage and race was over.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: 16
R: 15 DNF lap 4

Was on my first hotlap with less than 2 minutes left when I just barely missed @Elite_sultan. I locked up and broke the wing on the barrier. It wasnt a great lap. But I still had time for another go. But wasn't going to happen with half a wing. Was doing consistent low 1:11's in practice. So I think I could've been in the top 5.

I let the pack get ahead a few car lengths so I could have time to dodge any spun out cars in turn 1. I managed to avoid any damage until lap 4. I was following @Wesley3071 just waiting for an opportunity to get by without any risk. @DimazMuharri tried to make a lunge down my inside. But I closed that door and showed him why that was a bad idea. When we got to the swimming pool section, @Wesley3071 bounced off the left wall, hit the right wall and then back across to the left and pinned me against the wall. Terminal damage and race was over.

yeah sorry for that mate i got it all wrong at the swimming pool and lost my wing.

results have been updated lads

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Qualy: 12th
Race: 6th

Qualy: 1st lap was a safe banker but made a mistake right at the end costing me a few tenths. Next lap I lost the back end and hit the wall, ending that run. Could have done better for sure.

Race: Made a safe start and just tiptoed around some of the carnage on Lap 1. Soon ended up in around 8th/9th and in a great battle between myself, @Elite_sultan & @ShaunG123. Unable to make a move, I just sat back and hoped for a mistake. After several laps of great defending, Shaun seemed to make a mistake coming into the swimming pool section, allowing myself and Sultan to get past.

I pitted for super softs on Lap 12, aiming to get an undercut on @Elite_sultan. After pushing on for a few laps, I came out quite a bit ahead and settled down into my own rhythm. That changed later on in the race when I damaged my front wing. Pitted to get it replaced and came out behind @Elite_sultan again. Charged after him on fresh ultra softs. Unfortunately on my out lap, I again damaged my front wing but was able to carry on.

After catching Sultan, he seemed to make a mistake and damaged his front wing. This seemed to force him to miss the chicane coming out of the tunnel. On the exit, he slowed to let me past (I think). I have no idea what I was doing but I hit the back of the Force India. Apologies for that one mate. Into the pits again for another front wing. Now charged after the people in front. Had a good short battle with @REYLAP_93 before I got past on the exit of turn 1. Unfortunately @Artur left the session, allowing me to close in and take 6th.

Glad to have this one out of the way. Delighted with 6th considering all that happened. Congrats to @fabri1699 on the win, @JRGamezDE on 2nd and @Senaattori for 3rd!

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Q -P13, was set to improve by 0.5 on my second lap but got distracted by a car infront and hit the wall

R - P7 the lights going out so quick caught me out a bit and i got a bad start, some tried to go between me and someone else and i got hit into the wall and lost the right hand side of my front wing. As i started on SS I though i would go aggressive for 2 stints on US.

I basically moved up the field by other cars crashing out, having to make unscheduled pit stops and not having any corner cutting penalties so last (at one stage) to P7 wasn't too bad. Shout out to @Dale Stones and @Elite_sultan for some clean racing and @Jeton for not holding me up when i was a lap down but a lot faster.

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Quali P3
Race P2

This race was the first one where I had done some proper practice in advance. I knew that it could go better than in previous events, but I never expected to be able to challenge for third in quali and that podium really came out of nowhere. Congrats to Fabri on the win and sorry to the guy I blocked in quali and to Sultan for running into it back when you tried to let me past. I'm hyped like never before and really looking forward to sunday :)
#makeSaubergreatagain

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk