PS4 - AOR F5 Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/2017 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/2017 8:00PM]

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@pete day

Last edited:

ShaunG123

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
Sorry to the people I caused to have incidents in the first corner. Missed breaking completely and deserve a penalty. Won’t happem again. :(

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Qualy: 6th
Race: 3rd

Qualy: Despite clearly selecting my pre race setup, the game decided to give me the default one. Managed P6 but could have done better.

Race: Missed my braking zone slightly going into turn 1 and hit @Artur for which i apologise. Also apologies to anyone who may have got caught up as a result.

After a couple made mistakes in front of me and somebody made an early stop, I found myself in P3. Was going well until I damaged my front wing. Survived until 1st stop. New front wing went on and I pushed hard hoping not to lose any places. Managed to keep P3 after everyone had pitted.

And that was it for me until the end of the race. 20 odd seconds behind 2nd place and around 40 seconds clear of 4th. Boring really. Another podium in the bag though. Congrats on the win @Jeton and very well done to @Artur for getting 2nd

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Without any doubt the worst race I ever did. My practice pace would easily have been enough for top 5 but damaged my wing in my first 2 out laps and my first real attempt..... Don't know what it was but my brakes felt horrible. Dind't change the setup so no idea what it was. Might be my lack of concentration or something.

Had a brilliant launch off the line but still had a weird feeling in my brakes so dind't slow down enough and hit someone and did damage my wing. Apologies to anyone I hit at the start. Then from lap 3 or 4 I realised I really had to slam the brakes to slow down. Only problem was that I already made 2 stops. Being dead last I just carried on to grab a few points.

In the end (again with wing damage) I was closing in on WJORR but I was really scared of his laggy car. Overtook @Malaske when he forgot to brake. Still shitting my pants behind WJORR and attempting to overtake I bottled it again, so only P9. Should have been P7 since WJORR also got a time penalty...

OTG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 3, 2014
I race that I could’ve done so much better with. Lap 1 I just decided to not brake, did the same on lap 4. From 5th to lastcand back up to 4th. 3 pitstops and fastest lap. A race of what ifs.

Artur

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Aug 29, 2017
so funny to see how senatori always writing that he is the best and unluck situations is happening only with him))))

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Quali: P1
Race: P6

I had really surprising qualifying pace, considering I didn't have much practice due to an exam and a presentation of a group project both being on Monday. If my trend of qualifying results from the last three races continues I'll start from P0 next time ;)
After a decent start I lost the lead to @Jeton going into turn two and tried to stay with him to pass him on the main straight. Sadly I made a mistake and spun out on top of the castle section what saw me going down a few places. After killing my front wing on lap 5 I pitted for a set of mediums that I wanted to get through to the end of the race.
That could have worked if I hadn't smashed it again on lap 14. The good thing about that crash was that I could stop managing my tires and push to the end on a set of softs. I was running in 4th for quite a while until I gradually disintegrated my front wing on the final laps causing me to do the last one completly without a front wing.
Congratulations to the podium finishers and everybody who lived on to see the chequered flag :)

Last edited:

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Car felt terrible from the start.
:( :(
Q; Damaged Fwing, no more time to do another lap.
R; Lap1, Fwing damaged. Pitstop + 5sec. penalty..
Lap2, ok.
Lap3, Fwing damaged. Pitstop
Lap4, ok.
Lap5, Fwing damaged. Pitstop
Lap6, ok
Lap7, ok
Lap8, Terminal damage.
So yeah, no more beers with my diner before the race.
@Elite_sultan Watched the race back and srry for the 'a bit aggresive' move in lap 1.
Hope i didn't spoil anything.
Also apologies to @DimazMuharri for bumping your rear at turn 1.

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Q: 7
R: 8

I couldnt figure out why I was so slow. I should have qualified in the top 5 easily. I did the best lap I could and could only manage 1:42.5xx. I should have been able to easily get a mid 1:41. My best qualifying lap was 1:41.0. So I was a bit confused.

Going into turn 1 I ran wide off track to avoid the chaos. Was able to return to track making up 1 position. Going into turn 2 it looked like @Dale Stones tried to go to the inside, but it looked like he got hit by someone and clipped the wall. Not sure there was enough room anyway. Going into turn 3 I got slammed into the wall by @Jai Fletcher. That put me in p11.

Around lap 8 I figured out why I was so slow. Only getting up to 200 mph on the straight. I was using the default setup. So I adjusted my diff and brake bias and told the pit crew to adjust the wing on the stop. I was going to pit on lap 10, but had to stay out an extra lap to avoid getting stacked in the pits behind @Wesley3071. I pitted for mediums and should have been done with my stops. But going into the castle section, I got stuck on top of @Senaattori who had hit the wall. I broke my wing and went into the pits. Having no other tire that would make it to the end, I had to go back out on the hard tires.

Somehow was running in a comfortable 4th place till Lap 23 when I missed my breaking point and had to use the runoff. By the time i got turned around, I was in p9. I finished in p8. Very frustrated with all these glitches.
Congratulations to @Jeton @Artur and @Dale Stones

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Baku was very good and also very annoying for me. I decided to miss all the first corner chaos and ended up at the back of the field after turn 1. I then worked my way up to 4th place and continued to run there until lap 12 with good pace and catching the guys in front. I then decided to pit and I clipped the side kerb on the entry to the pitlane, got a full red front wing and then it wasn't changed at pitstop (n). I therefore had to pit again bumping me way down the order and at the end of the race was awarded 2 x 5 sec penalties. I watched my full race replay through and I didn't receive any penalties whatsoever :rage:. Don't seem to be getting any luck with this game the past 3 races :cry: