AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S10 - Round 3: Nurburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S10 - Round 3: Nurburgring GP

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 10
Round 3: Nurburgring GP

Information:
Date:
29th June 2018
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- the first of 2 races at a Nurburgring track this season. This will be the first time racing the same track on two different layouts. The layouts may be completely different and not intersect each other at any point, but it's still technically correct, and that's the best kind of correct.
- In honour of the World Cup, as the race is in Germany, it can only be won with a last corner last lap overtake.
- So far this season, both possible pole positions and all four possible fastest laps have all gone to Rene Osterkamp.
- A new winner was crowned at the sprint race in Monza with Dominik Gadermayr.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather:

77°F, Wind N @ 8 MPH,
Atmosphere: 53 RH,
Skies: Overcast

MatteAce

Formula Karter
May 27, 2018
guys I've been tormented by a nasty virus and high fever for three days today. I'll do my best to make it to the race, but I'm not sure I can do it or even finish it. If I should realise I'm too clumsy, I'll park the car in the pits and call it a day.

John Roberts

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
What the hell was that amateur hour on the cool down lap?

2nd place finisher suddenly went right and smashed me into the wall as I meandered past him, with Phil Read driving the wrong way at me. Left wrist took a hefty knock from my wheel.

Sorry, but it's not on.

• Informative
Reactions: McPhilen

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I couldn´t exactly hear what people said during the Sprint Race, was I lagging heavily or? On my screen I only noticed 2-3 short blinks. Sorry if that compromised someone´s race, I never had problems with iRacing connection wise before. ?

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
I did enjoy the opening half lap before my sprint was ended early. Based on Josh's finishing position, it *could* have been a good race for me.

Oh and Josh: that was you being caught napping ?

J.Thompson

Pro Karter
Jun 1, 2017
I did enjoy the opening half lap before my sprint was ended early. Based on Josh's finishing position, it *could* have been a good race for me.

Mmhh if I turned you would crash simple.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017

Not sure what I was thinking there... ?I think nothing ?

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ok, first of all I'm very disappointed by some drivers in AOR, much rookies who don't understand that you can t win a race in the first corner??. Idk were to say this but i got a massive hit from @Ryan Walker in T1 were i was allready on the outside of the circuit, the guy dont know how ro brake?, maybe he thinks ge s fast but first corner?? I like the stewards to look at that incident. Sprintrace i had to serve a penalty from last race at Monza so i was allready on the back. After lap three i got hit in the last chicane by Takacs so my car was pretty damaged, even with 50 secs repair it was over. This wiil defo be my last season in AOR FR20.

Reactions: Allyhaze

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
So overall I had a way better night than I was expecting. I lost hearing in my right ear and everything felt really off balance and relatively difficult to focus on stuff, and I also compounded the issue by not taking part in the Thursday practice, which in hindsight was a mistake, but I just wasn't feeling it with the problem.

Qualifying: Didn't quite hit the potential, but I was still relatively happy to get a top 10. A few more positions were on the cards, but I probably didn't deserve them anyway.

Race 1: A really great result in the end, considering some of the driving I was putting out. I could barely here any sound other than my Discord chat. For me, the sound is really important as I don't have any feel so the sound is my main way of determining if I'm driving over the edge or not. I took my headset off at around lap 12 and instantly became way more consistent. Still didn't have supreme pace, or anywhere near the SimRC guys, but felt so much more comfortable. In the end, I took 6th after being in 5th at one point, but a few mistakes just after pitting meant I pretty much didn't have any chance. Congrats to @Osterkamp for another feature win, and also to @Patrick Kessler for keeping it quite close!

Race 2: Honestly a really, really good race. Had a lot of fun making overtakes here and there, moving my way up the field. I worked out about a third of the way through the race that my maximum would be 3rd, with @GlennKey78 and @J.Thompson as far up the road as they were, and with Josh's pace advantage, I had no chance. So I had some nice battle here and there with people, had some nice overtakes and then it all started to get really tough in the last couple of laps. I had a fight with @Ryan Walker who was the last of the people I felt I could realistically finish ahead of, who was sitting in 3rd. I eventually was able to make the move, but it wasn't as quickly as I was hoping, and then with 3 laps to go, I had to make sure that I made no mistakes as not too far behind was that man @Osterkamp again, who once again had absolutely ridiculous pace (which to be honest, isn't really a surprise anymore). Luckily I think @Ryan Walker was able to hold him up a small amount which just took the pressure off of me. In the end, I finished 3rd.

6th and 3rd with the hearing issue and lack of practice (my own fault), is actually really, really good for me and I'm very happy with that. Nurburgring GP is a track that I notoriously need a lot of practice on to start to get consistent, so the fact I did so well results wise is amazing for me. I think there was a little bit more in the feature to be had, but looking back I am super happy.

Next is Phillip Island, which is a track that in recent times I have come to better grips with, so I'm hoping for something good here.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Also an apology to @John Roberts, it isn't my intention to cause those issues. I tend to try to avoid people (apart from a select few) when doing my antics. At least now you know it happens so you wont be surprised by it anymore. I will always say that intentionally crashing in to anyone that is unaware of what happens is not on, but otherwise there's no harm in doing that sort of stuff after the sprint race. I have no qualms with people wanting to have a bit of fun, but doing so at the expense of others isn't great. I'm guilty of it myself in the past (accidental, but still just as bad).

Tomspeedx30

Pro Karter
Feb 5, 2017
Q : Unfortunately i had troubles with my sensors on my Rift at thr beginning of the session and it was during some weird stuffs in the car so i had to leave the session and fix the issue. For some reasons, i couldn't rejoin the session straight away and it cost me so much time that i could only do 1 qualy lap ? I wouldn't have improved a lot more so it didn't bother me that much

R1 : A dissapointing race : I was fighting with @Robert Plumley but the gap seemed to remain around 3 sec and it was a consistency battle as race pace was quite similar. I thought i had a chance for a top 20 when i realised later that i was in the top 20 because some guys pitted in front of me so i'd lose all those places later ? i also forgot to untick the refuel button when i pitted which cost me time and pace as i was safe for fuel without refuelling ?

R2 : Too much cautious at the start which cost me some positions. I managed to gain a few places with the incidents. I also have to apologize to @VRT Ringrose for the incident on lap 8 at the hairpin : I lost the car on the brakes and i thought my car was under control and i didn't expect my car to go back to the left the way it did and gave him no chance to react to that. It really was a "wrong place at the wrong time" moment and it's a shame i took you out with me in my spin. Both cars were damaged in the end and we were very slow after that. I enjoyed the little battle on the last lap though

alexsplanet

Pro Karter
Mar 4, 2018
The both races were very stressful, I cannot still believe that I finished, because there were so many spins right in front of me, cannot still believe that I luckily avoided crashes :). Nevertheless good result, lost some pace comparing to Thursday practice, it seems 3.5 hours of sleep is not good enough :)

Ryan Walker

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2016
Ok, first of all I'm very disappointed by some drivers in AOR, much rookies who don't understand that you can t win a race in the first corner??. Idk were to say this but i got a massive hit from @Ryan Walker in T1 were i was allready on the outside of the circuit, the guy dont know how ro brake?, maybe he thinks ge s fast but first corner?? I like the stewards to look at that incident. Sprintrace i had to serve a penalty from last race at Monza so i was allready on the back. After lap three i got hit in the last chicane by Takacs so my car was pretty damaged, even with 50 secs repair it was over. This wiil defo be my last season in AOR FR20.
I was about to send you a pm and apologize but after calling me out on the forum (which I thought would of been against forum rules) I won't bother now.

Reactions: Adam Hedgecock