AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S10 - Round 7: Nordschleife | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S10 - Round 7: Nordschleife

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 10
Round 7: Nordschleife

Information:
Date:
27th July 2018
Time: 19:10 BST Practice, 20:10 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Nürburgring Nordschleife - Industriefahrten
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- Much like last season, Nordschleife is still long.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Just a reminder for everyone, this session is typically a little bit different due to the nature of the track. As such, we typically start the session at 7.10 UK time with qualifying starting at 8.10 UK time, running for 30 minutes to hopefully fit in the 3 laps. So please make sure that you join in before the qualifying starts.

As an addition for this session, for anyone that wants to, it will go up 30 minutes earlier than normal at 6.40 UK time.

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather:

78°F, Wind SE @ 8 MPH,
Atmosphere: 2 RH,
Skies: Clear

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
managing to complete 1 lap on my first attempt was enough practice for me

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
uhm, no steward response this week?
Yeah sorry about that. AOR was playing havoc with notifications so none of the other stewards saw the stuff until today, and didn't want to rush it as I knew there'd be no penalties for this race given it's different format. :)

alexsplanet

Pro Karter
Mar 4, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who finished in this race and special congrats to Phil! Good win. The race was crazy for me. After a sudden jump in S curves it seems my car got damage somewhere on diffusor and I have issues with oversteering on entrance to the corners. I still tried to catch leaders and will do this if did not spin on lap 6 after pit stop. Still happy to finish the race on 4 position as it was going. After 5 spins, happy to survive here :), but still cannot got podium in AOR. Hope somewhen I will get it :) thanks everybody for the race! See you on Belle Isle :)

Tomspeedx30

Pro Karter
Feb 5, 2017
It was the 1st time I drove on the Nordschleife this week and it was a tough one to learn in 4 days :smuggrin: I was surprised by the low turnout.
Q : I put it in the wall on my 1st attempt but managed to do the 2 other laps. I was quite satisfied by my 6.41 as it was my PB on this track

R : I had to avoid a couple of cars spinning on the 1st lap. After that, it was a race without a lot of action for myself and it was a lot about survival for 11 laps. Had a few moments where i almost lost it but i managed to keep my nose clean. I was unsure whether I would have enough fuel to finish the race so when i pitted i add a bit of fuel to make sure i could finish.
It was a bit tense in the end as i saw David closing in on me in terms of gap and i knew he was quicker than me so i had to keep pushing. He then pitted and i could relax a bit
Very happy to finish this race and in 8th position and with 0x for the 1st time in AOR. I don't know if i'll ever do much better looking at the level of the guys here.
Congrats to @McPhilen for the win (y) Congrats also to the broadcast team : i saw a bit the race on the broadcast, there wasn't a lot of battles on track but good job for trying to still make it interesting and also for improving my name prononciation every week :smuggrin:

Another new track to learn for me with Belle Isle and i'm looking forward to it

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Finally! It has taken 10 seasons, but I have finally won a race in the Formula Renault that wasn't a sprint race!

Qualifying:

Honestly, could have been really bad. Crashed on both my first and second laps, so I only had lap 3 on slightly colder than I'd like tyres. Did a few donuts before my third and final lap to just get some heat into them. I doubt it really made a difference really, but I think psychologically it possibly helped as I felt less pressure on than usual so I was able to go without making too many mistakes. I only had a few little ones, and the only major one was missing the carousel. The fact I got 6th was genuinely surprising to me, with it being only 8 tenths of my previous best.

Race:

There really wasn't much to do in the second half, other than it being the Nordschleife so trying to survive whilst keeping the distance to the fast cars behind, however the first half or so, up until @heuer91 had an incident, it was a really nice lap time battle with him and @Patrick Kessler behind. I don't particularly enjoy racing these kind of cars here, but I genuinely had a good time in that first half. Chasing down a car and feeling you have okay pace whilst doing it is a great feeling to have here. Unfortunately as I said, Manuel did make that mistake coming onto the long back straight, and I'd pulled away from Patrick at that point, so I was kinda on my own from that point on. I was surprised to see it was @GlennKey78 behind after the pits. I guess Patrick had a slow stop or something, but I had a decent gap. Last lap I decided to try to hand the win to Glenn at the second carousel but losing it and spinning. Luckily for me, Glenn did the same but unfortunately for him, it meant he lost 2nd to Patrick.

Also, there was a moment between myself and @Osterkamp on lap 1, which was unfortunate but I don't think anything wrong was done. It was super close though, and it's always sad to see someone go off the track because of you even if not directly. I apologise for my part in the incident. Either way, he's had some really bad luck and after such a strong run of form it's never easy, but if anyone can come back strong and break the unlucky streak it'd be Rene.

Mark Ussher

Pro Karter
May 16, 2017
Congrats Phil!!! Great win

Can't believe it's your first feature win though... So what took you so long ;)

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
So what took you so long ;)
Being bad! As it turns out, it's quite the hindrance.

Also, I had to remove you from the reserves list for inactivity on the forum, but I can put you back on the list if you think you'll be around at some point this season.

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
I have to say that i had some constant racepace was nt it that i was hit by Newton who netcoded in lap one, otherwise i would have finished behind my teammate Haye.